Why is Yi picked so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akraizel

02-15-2012

I've been playing lots of Dominion lately, and I noticed that in most of my games there's a Yi.

Thing is, everytime we have a Yi, we lose, and everytime the enemy team has one, we win.
I simply don't understand what makes people believe he's a good pick... he's very squishy, has no CC, and has okay-ish dmg until he gets a full build... something highly unlikely in Dom.

So, why? D:

Bonabon

02-15-2012

Because he listens to power metal.

Kedali

02-15-2012

Yi is a very simple champion who has great killing potential against teams that do nothing to counter him. This makes him very attractive until you get to the elo where people always counter him, at which point he basically disappears.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

He's a good champ if you can stay away from hard cc. In theory, with the way Dominion is laid out and his inherent speed, he can choose his battles and fight where the CC isn't. In practice it's not that easy.

I've seen him clean up some early games at bot before the opposing team learns to switch to a better match-up.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

It's his rad scythe honestly. I mean, it has a skull on it.

ImCoolerOnline

02-15-2012

you must be in a beggining elo. No one ever picks yi once you get higher tier

Phourc

02-15-2012

Yeah, Yi's a fun character but has too many weaknesses ):

Xavderion

02-15-2012

People don't take Dominion seriously at your elo so they pick champs they would never play under real circumstances.

Nyx87

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavderion View Post
People don't take Dominion seriously at your elo so they pick champs they would never play under real circumstances.
I enjoy taking unconventional champs bot and wrecking the enemy with them. Xin and Yi are 2 big ones.

zionist shill

02-15-2012

Get dunked