So.. no love for Sejuani?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elysius

02-15-2012

She feels really weak overall.. as a tank she has only her HP nothing else

AbsolutePK

02-15-2012

She has her size.

Guess it's more her boar's size. That thing can hide anything but Nautilus and 6stack Cho'Gath.

Hozartis

02-15-2012

Pure tanks are overall pointless on Dominion--once you do your CC, you need to do damage or the fight is a 4v5.

If you decide to build her AD, equipped with Trinity Force or the like, I have an Irelia/Wukong/Panth/Jax who will do AD far better than your Sejuani. Even Trinity Force Alistar can shine better than Sejuani.

Your best bet, if synergizing all her skills together is your prerogative, is to get every HP/AP/Mpen item and have max cooldown reduction so spells are always being cast. That limits your items to:
Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Sunfire Cape, Void Staff, Haunting Guise, Hextech Sweeper, Sorc Boots, and so on.

Runes should be prioritized towards Mpen, Cooldown Redux, and HP.

But from my experience, even this didn't work because her ratios are terrible: 0.4? 0.5? So with 400 AP you get an additional 160 magic damage on your arctic assault? Just awful. Too bad Glacial Prison doesn't have a 20 second CD to compensate for awful base spells.

Ardenor

02-15-2012

I don't think pure tanks are pointless on Dominion. I've had a lot of success as Alistar and Leona built purely tanky.

This seems more like a problem with Sejuani's kit than anything else.

FDru

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenor View Post
I don't think pure tanks are pointless on Dominion. I've had a lot of success as Alistar and Leona built purely tanky.

Multiple hard CCs will do that. Sejuani is just an annoyance with one really long cooldown stun.

The new champ seems to do no damage, so while his CC is pretty good he is outclassed by Blitzcrank quite a bit.

Hozartis

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenor View Post

The only utility I've seen for pure tankyness is when you're defending a point. In which case I agree with you. Diving a pure tank on a point is a real pain.

However, at 1700+ elo (maybe earlier), pure tanks are completely ignored like they should be, leading to a situation where you CC once then do nothing for the duration of the fight.

Returning to topic, Sejuani as a pure tank lacks the proper amount of CC necessary to justify taking on role.

02-15-2012

I think they could fix Sacajawea by making her auto attacks cleave by passive in a larger AE to actually make permafrost a useful spell. Something similar to Alistar's passive is what I imagine.

Ardenor

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozartis View Post
The only utility I've seen for pure tankyness is when you're defending a point. In which case I agree with you. Diving a pure tank on a point is a real pain.

However, at 1700+ elo (maybe earlier), pure tanks are completely ignored like they should be, leading to a situation where you CC once then do nothing for the duration of the fight.

Returning to topic, Sejuani as a pure tank lacks the proper amount of CC necessary to justify taking on role.
Agreed. In my experience, tanky Alistar and Leona are great point defenders specifically because they have tanky steroids (Leona's W and Alistar's R) and a host of hard CC to pin targets down in range of turret fire. Sejuani is lacking in both.

She might be decent at ganking the enemy team's bottom laner since it's really hard to escape from her in a chasing scenario, but even then, you might be better off with another champion that can gank just as well and bring a lot of damage to the team.