Lets talk Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Annie, almost always never seen in Dominon

But, why???

Ppvkignx

02-15-2012

Nobody plays Annie on SR either.

Risemix

02-15-2012

She's not bad, just outclassed and boring to play.

Argodis

02-15-2012

Play her and find out.

AbsolutePK

02-15-2012

I played her a few times in Blind pick a long time ago. Around the pre-Volibear time.

She can be hilariously good at killing people.

She can also cause you to sit in a corner and question your existence with how easy you die.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

I played TankyAP Annie in Dom couple of times. Bc I have 3-4 skins for her and it hurts to have them wasted.
People always thought I'm lucky bc they focused me and I survived with sliver of HP.
Anyway, it was alot of fun.
But again, I didnt overplay her to be totally bored.

Nny

02-15-2012

I played her bot while she was free last week. Very easily clear minion waves for tons of gold and when tibbers is up your opponent is normally your *****.

But also is terrible against bruisers with gap closers. Went v.s. an Irelia for one of those games, was winning at the start but once she got a couple of MR items and attack speed she'd rush me under tower and even with tibbers I'd die.

Switch with someone and top was more or less same thing: With tibbers up I could kill anyone, without it I was really just a stun bot. I played her AP/defensive items, but I think it probably would end up being better to go Cooldown Reduction for tibbers (Can do something like Deathfire Grasp and Hextch, plus mastery = 39%. Tibbers and Deathfire would both be roughly 1 minute cooldown, so could alternate them for bursts)

ActionButlerGO

02-15-2012

I've seen Annie on Dominion twice.

The first was in the early days, just after the beta. She was on the enemy team and went bot lane. By five minutes, she was so fed that she was able to skip around the map and freely two-shot anyone of us before we even knew she was there.

The second was earlier this week, when one of my teammates went afk in champion select. It did not go nearly as well.

Wensha

02-15-2012

I'll repost what I wrote on the EU forums - http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=587374

Quote:
I tried Annie a lot when dom first came out, and had moderate success with her. I think thats possibly because the guys I was playing against were not so good, and I would have had more success with a different caster.

Her problem is that shes a squishy caster without an escape. Good casters on dominion are either naturally tanky/benefit from being built tanky (eg ryze, karthus), or have a strong escape (shaco, leblanc).

The build I had the most success with was CDR boots, Rylais, Deathfire, deathcap, (void staff if the game drags). With this, you can kite melees without a spamable gap closer pretty well, by stunning them once they charge up to you, and kiting with rylais slow and max CDR stuns.

She fares very poorly against popular picks - anti casters like poppy/kass, AD casters like wukong/panth, and tanky DPS like rammus/Jarven4.

Keonyn

02-15-2012

Annie is one of those champs that can really be dominating if played by the right player. Her main issues though is that when her cooldowns are ticking still she's pretty useless and she just doesn't have those short timer abilities to fill that gap between bursts. In SR this is easier to handle, but in Dominion where there is never really a safe harbor and evading is much tougher it is harder to handle her when those cooldowns are still counting.

I have seen a few Annies in Dom that were just godly, but yeah, if she's not a champ you're particularly adept at then she is not an easy one to play for this map.