AD sion build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mikewho

07-25-2010

would like some input on this sion build i have been using it seems to work well its a budget build so even farming creeps you should be able to get most of it.
but plz let me know what yall think and such

they way im going to list items is how i go back to the store and get them first item will be what i get at lvl 1 and so on
also with this build i do go clear out all our jungle on my way back to lane=more xp/gold

keep in mind that if you get some kills you can get alot of this really early

dagger 1 heath pot (go lane)
besrk greaves & Brawler's Gloves (gloves making zeal) should be around lvl 5
zeal & Vampiric Scepter (should be 8-9)
Long Swordx2 (might sound weird but trust me lol should be 11)
Wriggle's Lantern (works really well should be 13)
Cloak of Agility (should be around 14 if you get lucky in team fights)
Phantom Dancer (should be 15-16)
B. F. Sword ( if game go's to 18 or if you get kills)
The Bloodthirster (again if game still at 18 or you get kills)

21/0/9 exhaust ghost ARMP runes

with this build i am able to kill any none tank with ease and any tank with my ult
i crit for around 600-1000 on none tanks and 300 on tanks

thanks for reading let me know what you guys think the build dose work well i have been using it

Cheesemaker

07-25-2010

for any hybrid character, i have experienced that for the specific type of utility you are using your character for, the type of runes that you choose to use more or less dictates how your character is to act (and build) in the battlefield.

my sion rune page uses atk speed, dodge, mana regen and armpen build:

15gold change in pocket:long sword+health pot
900-1200:boots into anti general damage output be it merc treads or dodge boots
1200:zeal 300:elxir of fortitude
1850-2200:bf sword or phantom dancer
2200:"" or "" (ideally you just farmed 6450 here and about 7000 altogether)
800:the black cleaver 9 if game doesnt end spec for doing damage within the current meta

your build differs from mine in the fact that you are building survival items mid game along with your dps. it intrigues me to know that the cost of your items relys heavily on your ganking ability with sion, which is a good thing, i think he is a strong ganker. which is why i mostly farm(and help ganks) for bf sword mid-game. my build greatly benefits from attack speed runes allowing him to hit 1.0as really early. i try to make up for what he lacks for survivability and lasting mana pool. your build i would assume straight armpen and something else giving you the ability to do as much dps as possible, with the statement
"with this build i am able to kill any none tank with ease and any tank with my ult
i crit for around 600-1000 on none tanks and 300 on tanks "

i will test more of this when i build a stronger rune page.

i think your choice in going all out arm pen runes is vicious for sion, because he can hack through all that mitigation and your mastery page is identical to mine, although sometimes if i play draft ill put the 9 other ranks into defense focusing on the movement speed benefit thing. your sion hits a little harder than mine because you choose to go long swdx2 earlymid game. i honestly think the vampire scepter is negligible, but i will have to test it now after seeing your build.

all in all though your build interests me (aka. i like it) and i will try it out next chance i get to play.

EDIT: speeling

mikewho

07-25-2010

i think you will like this build it is quite good imo.
the build is great for ganking but it dose not need it to get the items most of the time you can get most from team fights and the like

Cheesemaker

07-26-2010

its a pretty decent build. i would say this exact build doesn't suit my playstyle, but it has helped me improve on some of the areas i have been lacking on. you certainly weren't kidding when you said that u can crit for 1k with this build. i think anyone considering creating an AD sion build should greatly consider checking out some of the info on this thread.

on a sidenote: do you think ap sion is better than ad sion? im more of a melee oriented player myself, but i heard that ap can give survivalibility and dmg. i've tried it, but none of the guides really offer good insight as to the playstyle of the build. just curious. ad sion has been working for me and sounds like its been working for you too. peace.

Eppa

07-26-2010

Not that i play AD sion but ghostblade fits him like a glove.

IndomitusRex

07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Not that i play AD sion but ghostblade fits him like a glove.
It's a nice cheap alternative to an Infinity Edge (or an awesome follow-up item).