Any Sejuani success stories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfalisk

02-14-2012

Been trying to play her in Dominion with minimal success. I've been playing her building tanky, with HP and either lots of MR or Armor depending on the circumstance.

Tanky champions like Shyvanna can still take me under a tower even if I'm at full health, my damage is just abysmal even though I'm building health to scale my W. In almost every situation I would prefer to be playing Amumu or another full tank, I cannot see her succeeding regularly with anything but an extremely specific teamcomp, because her peeling ability is not very reliable unless her ultimate is up. (Which has a painful cooldown.)

I've tried rushing Rod of Ages for damage and health. I die extremely quickly if I do this. Should I be building Rylai's instead for damage/health/slow? My theory is that AP/Health is good for Sej.

Or do I need to throw the full tank and tanky AP out the window, and just go AD tanky/dps?

Any ideas for successful itemization, runes, and masteries appreciated.

Bonabon

02-14-2012

I once played a bot game as Sejuani where I went like 21/2/10 with the most caps/neutralizes on my team.

We lost.

NeoStaticShock

02-14-2012

I'll go ahead and give you my 2 cents. I've had a good amount of success with her with a few different builds, but they revolve around the same concept.

One build was Soul, Lucid, Sunfire/Abyssal. Another was Sunfire/Frozen Heart, Abyssal, Odin's Veil, WotA, Lucid/Sorcs. To be honest though, as a tank, your build should always revolve around the team you're fighting. The good thing about Sej is that she scales with HP, so as long as you're getting at least 1 AR/MR item, you should be alright if you keep up getting HP since it keeps your damage scaling and because HP is an EHP stat. I've even gotten away with Rylais Abyssal. I would say that a key item for her is Abyssal though because her combo and wreck an entire team. Rylais is good for W slow (really annoys me that it doesn't slow naturally since you chase with it) and because it gives you more damage on it and health.

The thing to keep in mind about Sej is that she deals a good amount of damage when left to her own devices, and has a pretty strong combo. Not to mention with 40% cd, your W is almost always up, which can be a lot of damage with sunfire+abyssal. As I mentioned though, when left to her own devices she can deal a lot of damage. She has no cc outside of ult, so you have to give them a reason to focus you down.

The most important thing is that despite your build, your success on Sej relies on heavily on knowing when to go in and when to hold back. Since she doesn't have any cc outside of her ult, and if you don't know when that key moment to go in is, your build wont matter much and you'll get your team killed. If you go in at the right time, you can pretty much secure a fight for your team with a nice combo.

My runes focus on mpen red, health seals, MR glyphs, hp quints. Focused on buffing W damage and reducing nuke damage (I don't have too much trouble with AD chars on Sej). Masteries are 9/21/0.

zionist shill

02-14-2012

Yes.

She was on the other team.

Hue.

NeoStaticShock

02-14-2012

Also, most other Sej's I've seen that built AD/Tank or straight AP have been straight laughable and useless

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

I think Sej is one of the few champions who just isn't very good for Dominion. Her ult is great, but all the rest of her kit doesn't make her stand out very much and her incredibly poor damage output doesn't make up for her utility especially in comparison to other team reliant tanks like Leona.

Sad to say but I just don't think Sejuani is right for Dominion.

Whi

02-14-2012

Her scale is just bad for both Dom/SR.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

She's good. If you have DPS worth CC'ing enemies for.

starwoof

02-15-2012

She's an incredible champion on dominion, my favorite tank. I always start with boots, cloth armor, and then either a negatron cloak or chain vest based on enemy comp. I upgrade my boots to boots 5 or merc treads or ninja tabi. After that I get a giants belt then make odyn's veil. After that build sunfire, then either guardian angel or force of nature. Sometimes I throw in a sheen.

I always level Permafrost first because the slow is so incredible.

Q in, permafrost entire enemy team, odyn's veil, winter's wrath. Quadrakill.

Elalya

02-15-2012

I actually think that she's pretty good at what she does. I'd play her at bottom because she actually does do enough AoE damage to keep the lane pushed pretty hard. She's nearly impossible to kill and can transition into other roles (namely, having someone sub bot and then roll up top throw in an ulti and cap the point before going back bot) as the game goes on.

Her ulti is a one shot wonder, but it is absolutely amazing. A well timed ulti will win you a fight which you should lose 99% of the time.

So basically, she's situational based on her team comp (all champs are but she is effected particularly harshly) but still really strong.