Is Thornmail too good on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Or Sanguine and Cleaver if your champ happens to have a nice source of armor pen or armor shred already.

Sanguine, armor pen, and an Oden's does a number on the effectiveness of Thornmail.
true enough, I wouldn't want a LW on wukong. it's great on trundle though so it's part of my normal build

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2012

In my opinion Thornmail is pretty WEAK when put against champions such as Vayne, Wukong, Jax, and some other Ad carries/Ad Casters.

With enough Lifesteal the only way to put down some of above champions is focused fire.

Option Paralysis

02-20-2012

"OMG, this item counters my AD right click champs! NERF IT NERF IT".

Thornmail is fine as is. Lifesteal/crit is pretty broken together, and any kind of nerf on Thornmail would make it completely useless. Thornmail IS an auto-attackers counter, and it can be easily countered itself since it's the only item of it's kind. If you're critting for 700 and gaining...let's say 150 health per hit, a tank will NEVER be able to do anything about you.

Thornmail nerf = AD buff. Does AD REALLY need a buff? No. No it does not.

maxusmaximus

02-20-2012

For all those people saying buy some MR, it takes 100 mr just to reduce it to half. Buying wits end for example does less than this even if you hit 100 mr because your now hitting faster and returning more damage to yourself than if you just bought straight up mr.