Tryndamere mocking shout idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightfullyMine

07-25-2010

Since Tryndamere uses health for spells and health is relatively easy to regenerate back, it would be great if he could just spam a spell just like Dr. Mundo's cleaver in order to make the enemy's laning phase difficult. Well, you obviously can't spam bloodlust and spinning slash, so what about mocking shout?

Think about it, the average hero starts off with 50-70 damage per hit, so if you reduce that by 20 or 40 (lvl 1 or lvl 2 shout), then you can really screw with the enemy's last hitting. Just use it when they are just about to attack.

I tried it in a game a while ago and it didn't work out too well, but that was because I was up against Master Yi and his incredible 73 base damage and I only had lvl 1 mocking shout. I haven't tried lvl 2 mocking shout yet, but what you guys think of this strat?

Terchio

07-25-2010

Not likely to be viable, mainly because most heroes also have a ranged spell that can attack you for full damage, but also because early game the creeps are often your biggest enemy. At Tryndamere's early squishyness and relatively low power, the small damage decrease of enemies isn't likely your biggest concern. Using it as a slow for when they get in too far is your best bet.

RightfullyMine

07-25-2010

Well, I am using it to make it harder for them to last hit for 4 seconds, and I don't think the creeps attacked me when I cast mocking shout. It's not for defensive or offensive, but annoying.

I'm planning on trying this out and see how it goes once this server stops being busy.

Terchio

07-25-2010

Well, I assumed when you said 'it didn't work out so well', the intentions were to make it effectively kill the opponents. It might work slightly on stopping the opponent from last hitting, but moreso leaves you open once the effect is over, and waiting for cooldown. Plus it takes HP that you could use early and skill points diverted from bloodlust for healing. It's not going to be an effective spammable like Mundo, the one you mentioned earlier, as no damage comes of it. I'd suggest spinning slash spam over mocking shout (run in past opponents, slash back over the creep line).