So WW was great before.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Thing is, his sustain got a tiny nerf, but because he got damage on passive he can build MORE sustaining items, covering it completely.

He's now more deadly with more tank items and the same sustain.
the damage on his passive is like a built in wits end. It's not really scary and it's barely noticable if the enemy has any MR items. Basically he has to get lifesteal or spec into spell pen if he wants his passive to give him the same sustain but then he's losing tank item slots.

Imo it won't make him OP on dominion and it was mainly to improve his jungling clear time on SR.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

yah his healing got chopped on dominion but in sr it just boosted his jungle clear time that is about it (mobs have no mr)

hurt him more than it helped him.

Panwar

02-14-2012

Has anyone actually played as/against WW since the change? Not really interested in what people think about the patch as much as the experience in game.

Mindllapse

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Damage up, sustain got a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure what Riot was smoking, because lanewick (what we essentially have in Dominion) was already pretty good.

Welp, break out those QSS I guess.

Which could have mattered, but they gave that damage right back with the passive damage. Nobody plays AD WW, so he'll still be running around with just a Wit's End and Malady for damage in the end. His 6th slot is also pretty flexible, so it's not like he can't grab a Void Staff, Abyssal, or even a Haunting Guise for extra mpen.
Riot almost always only makes minor tweaks, and the changes are not noticeable unless you look at it over a long period of time, like in a SR lane where tweaking 10 damage of an ability will be noticeable over 5mins+

these tweaks are hardly noticeable in Dominion

Forbiddian

02-15-2012

5% more autoattacks is pretty significant.

Madra

02-15-2012

I've seen more WWs lately and I think he's a strong champion, but not really more so than before. He looks like a rockstar against bad teams though... always has... which is why I think this discussion came up. The buff sounds better than it actually is, but it was enough to get people playing him again.

Ulstan

02-15-2012

I barely notice a difference. The life I get back while wailing on someone with auto attacks is slightly less is all. Ult does about the same damage as before.

I can see this being construed as a minor nerf, but not really as a buff, unless you play only people who don't build MR .

DivineBovine

02-15-2012

It makes Malady a bit more of an appealing item on him for sure though, and item that, though everyone else seems to hate, I adore <3

FDru

02-15-2012

Only terrorists hate Malady.