how to defeat a tryndamare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iblist

02-15-2012

Just get a frozen heart, and maybe a randuins omen if he gets fed.

And don't, for the love of all that is holy, get a thornmail. "But it hurts him everytime he attacks me isn't that good?" Hahaha...no...The less life he has the more damage he does. Tryndamere secretly loves it when you buy a thornmail.

Here's the other thing. Deny him early game, he's really weak early on, and if you can shut him down he'll be negligible late game. So pick a champ that can harras him at will like mordekaiser, yorick, garen, etc.

Hellow

02-15-2012

tyrn isnt even good...........never see him in ranked for a reason

IshiFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

If I see a top pick tryn, I pick Cho Gath, he can't do anything to you before level 6. He will win a poke war even past that, but you have so much CC he can help but get caught by it, and you just farm away. As I keep saying to people, don't worry about trying to kill you lane opponent, just out farm him, and don't die!

Hyosun

02-15-2012

Laning: don't feed him or allow him to easily farm. If you don't know how to lane top nor have the runes/masteries to do so then don't you're going to get outplayed.
Malphite is a decent counter to him because he can kite him easily and build armor without gimping his mid-late game usefulness. He can also slow his attack speed down which will reduce his attack speed in a 1 v 1 situation and in teamfights. Malph can also peel for your carries with Q or R so that's always helpful too. Plus he's got semi-sustain that will allow him to trade damage with him and not get bullied.

One note: Trynd with farm is a "fed" trynd. I've killed trynd 3 times in laning phase and left him alone to roam and do stuff mid game. He kept on farming and guess what? He comes back late game like I didn't put him behind at all. You don't let a Trynd free farm. Not if you want to win.

As for teamfights just peel him off your targets if you can and force him to use ult. If you want to actually kill him make sure to time your cc ( silence works well ) so that he can't E out or use R to save his life. As stated, you can also use Ignite 3 seconds into his ult with good results. Oh and exhaust the guy please.

Just know that an idiot Trynd will be the first one in. Dealing with these Trynds isn't too hard. Dealing with the smart ones who are the 2nd / 3rd one in after teamwide cc is in effect... that's a lot harder since you're dealing with multiple forms of cc and your team may be out of position to peel Trynd off.

dadde

02-15-2012

i play tryn as a main and this is my observations of what gives me the most difficulties . do not use ignite on tryn. i always mange to get away like 20 health out of team fights just due to spinning slash/flash away. ignitedoesntcountner him as well as ppl think. tryn is like a ticking time bomb. even if he has a bad start it is just a matter of time until he gets the farm until your gonna have to deal with him. thest best way to make him obsolite when you do have to deal with him is to do 1 of the following.

1. exhaust him the second he engages a teamfight or\
2. have your team target him #1 and exhaust him as he tries to run away.

what always lets my team win is the fact that when i am fed i join in teamfights really late because i see them all trying to run past my whole team to get to me which allows my team to smash them alot and this causes havoc in solo queue. the other thing is ppl still attack me when im ulted...dont do this...the last thing is dont chase. a good tryn wont spinning slash into a fight and will save it to disengage. if hes at 0 life and used his ult he cant do anything so just switch targets and dpont allow his team to bbeat on you while you chase, its only if he reengages is when you target him again. hope this helped and sry 4 the spelling and typos, this laptop is super funky..... gl hf

Hyosun

02-15-2012

Quote:
run past my whole team to get to me which allows my team to smash them alot and this causes havoc in solo queue.
yah I see that quite a bit. About as smart as focusing Ali with ult on.

@ dadde I'm trying to get better with trynd and was wondering what changes you made from being "ok" to "good" with trynd as you played him more and more? Even a minor thing such as putting an emphasis on harassment when your rage is HIGH has made all the difference in lane.

Tokinatoor

02-15-2012

Pick big daddy!

He has 4 moves that **** tryn up!

Passive, Q, E, R

W is not bad against tryn either but dot only last 2 seconds.

Blackdrgnite

02-15-2012

My team fed a tryndamere so hard that he literally killed our entire team 5v1. His team wasn't anywhere to be seen, I ignited him and he still destroyed us all before his endless rage was finished. He two hit me at level 18 and I was also fed.

Hyosun

02-15-2012

Quote:
Pick big daddy!
lol wtf? Who are you talking about?

Quote:
My team fed a tryndamere so hard that he literally killed our entire team 5v1. His team wasn't anywhere to be seen, I ignited him and he still destroyed us all before his endless rage was finished. He two hit me at level 18 and I was also fed.
Jah. Fed trynd is about as scary as fed vayne.

QiS Serenity

02-15-2012

If playing ranked, you will not be able to see tryn due to the fact that so many hard picks are viable against tryndamere.
If playing blind and enemy team happens to have trynamere, follow this to defeat him singlehandedly :

1. Does tryndamere have cleanse?
- If no, their tryndamere does not know how to fully utilize tryndamere. GG.
- If yes : go to #2.

2. Do your team have heavy CC (and/or ignite)?
- if yes, it's a good idea to force his cleanse early. Then simply stun him before him casting undying rage, or just let him cast and have him under slow all the time.
- if no : your composition sucks. but keep following :

3. Your whole team happens to have 0 CC's or whatever. What do you do?
- have your tank build frozen heart, and build randuin / thornmail. Randuin's omen is preferred over thornmail for its utility, though. If you think building randuin's omen is a waste of money just for tryndamere, look at their tryndamere's KDA and think again.