ap poppy or physical?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvaAngelina

07-25-2010

sooo.. ya.. im really confused on what one is better.. is ap poppy better.. or physical..

and what are some current builds for both.

Sharkpower

07-25-2010

Not really sure which one is better, but I think the general physical build is boots, triforce, bloodrazors. The AP is something along the lines of Sorc shoes/lich bane/DFG, and then some MPen if you need it.

EvaAngelina

07-25-2010

alrighty.. im assuming sheen is a must get first item for both right?

Tabbran

07-25-2010

Yep, sheen is your first item, always.

PatMcGroyne

07-25-2010

Honestly outside of your heroic charge and DB combo you aren't going to do too much dmagae so I prefer AP poppy with Lich Bane. It makes you hit like a truck... Ult + charge + DB + ignite = dead squishy in 2 seconds.

X Widow Maker X

07-25-2010

Been a few months since i played, but unless shes been nerfed i always play a physical dmg poppy. Everything stacks with her Q, including crit which is amazing. obviously your power is dependent on the enemy champs defences so i will use a mana golem for example:

With an Infinity and a BloodThirster, I crit for 1600 on a golem. Just those 2 items. The thing with her Q is that it crits but the crits dont show in large letters. Beleive you me that you will know your crits when the enemys health bar goes byebye in 1-2 hits.

The only problem is getting these glorious items in a high elo ranked game. If you go for this kind of dmg (expensive items) you will probably lose the game before you can get them built because it leaves poppy very weak

X Widow Maker X

07-25-2010

You dont have to take my word for it try it yourself. 1600 crits with 2 items. If any of you are going "wtf widow yur one crazy mfer" feel free to add me and we can run tests.

Unless poppy has been nerfed in the last 2 months then this will hold true

Borelo

07-25-2010

i have already played both AP and AD

AP: more burst, mostly ppl will start to run as soon as you charge + DB its scary as hell see your life going down soo fast, but you wont deal a lot of damage after your cooldown ...

AD: less burst, much better auto-attack, you will be very happy when ppl start to run from you, you use your W and ult to towerdive