Discuss items on Shen for dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangarde

02-17-2012

One of Shen's greatest strengths is being able to splitpush and lane sustain like a boss in solo top in SR right now. His ease of lane farming at the midgame point makes him usually have quite a bit of of a gold advantage.

None of this translates well into Dominion. His ridiculous lane phase in SR doesn't trump the better bot picks due to a variety of issues and his mid-game may not be able to compete with other tanks or tanky dps.

I still would say he's a solid pick though in Dom. Ult can bring another body to a WM fight very easily or gank bottom, he's still tanky and has a taunt. His dps isn't shabby with some AP behind him and those quicker Q's now.

Edit: Friend's build, chain vest, rylais, negatron cloak. He also likes wits end if he doesn't have to be the only meatwall and can afford to dps.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

spam health items do carry damage

lolshen

DonkeyTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Reaper View Post
Tried him out a few games, really like nashors tooth so far and starting with that ring that gives hp/ap. Gonna go with that style of an opening item set for now unless there are a lot better options that I haven't discovered.

at lv 11 he has a 90 sec cd ult with max cdr which is great.

i still find myself going out of energy way to fast, he doesnt really have a gap closer other than his E so if you start to get kited, well ****. Lol. even then all you can do is press w and hope to survive :/.
I stack HP and Cooldown red.

lbgsloan

02-17-2012

I keep hearing mixed things about him on Dominion. Some are saying he's OP, some are saying he's merely okay instead of the weakest pick on Dominion.

Glorious Bird

02-17-2012

FH/Atma into either More HP/Resistance/Situational Resistances if needed or Wit's End. Your duty is to Taunt through as many as possible to keep your damage line healthy. Unlike other tanks Shen can do this and/or go straight for heavy hitters and unlike other tanks who just push them around he can kill them. Your Q is also extremely valuable for keeping allies alive. Throwing it on someone that slips by you and falls under ally damage can actually tank for you because the damage done will be mitigated by that offered heal.

AP is not necessary and it's essentially nickel and diming damage on skills which are STILL limited by energy when you could be getting HP/Resistances. Attack speed is also fairly unnecessary, but if you're surviving skirmishes and fights with a healthy life pool then sure, grab Wit's End.

He's far from OP compared to other Dom champions, but he is quite strong.

Nekrogen

02-17-2012

I would suggest trying Nashors on him after building some HP. Try it before you trash it