Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Really Confused about points in Dominion. Would like a Red.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ssinssrinn

02-14-2012

Ok so...just got out of a Dominion match where a friend of mine playing Nautilus did better than our Volibear across the board. He went 4/5/10 with 3 captures and 1 neutralize whereas the Voli went 3/7/11 with 2 captures and no nuetralizes. How is it the Voli got Silver and my buddy got Bronze? I mean...this makes no sense to me so if a Red could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

Sauron

02-14-2012

Voli probably died defending capture points while Naut died in the jungle.

Also, the personal score system can be mostly ignored.

Ssinssrinn

02-14-2012

Yeah, I'm aware and we pretty much do ignore it. Though the majority of people seem to think that the PS system actually means something. Honestly think it should be just done away with since it doesn't accurately depict who does the best.

Mad Suppordle

02-14-2012

The majority (all) of people who actually know how to play dominion ignore personal score for judging relative player performance. I don't think it'll be removed tho because people enjoy seeing their numbers go up through the game.

Zavy

02-14-2012

You also get points for "defense" pretty much by just running across a point. He could've done that several times.

Phourc

02-14-2012

Quote:
Ssinssrinn:
How is it the Voli got Silver and my buddy got Bronze? I mean...this makes no sense to me so if a Red could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

Really, what it comes down to is there's no ties in the score system, if you're really trying to get something out of it look at the difference between scores. If they're within 50 points or so - maybe 100 in a longer game, I would consider the contribution to the team to be about equal.

There's a lot of stuff that goes into the scores, minion kills are 2 points each, standing guard on a point nets you 5 points every few seconds, etc. Doesn't neccesarily mean one person was better if they're just a few points above ya xP

Prometheius

02-14-2012

Quote:
Ssinssrinn:
How is it the Voli got Silver and my buddy got Bronze?.

Because their team has lower overall points. Simple, no?

WaterD103

Recruiter

02-14-2012

the right answer is "WHO GIVES A **** IF HE IS SLIVER GOLD OR POOP DID YOU WIN THE GAME OR NOT?"

Darmival

02-14-2012

martyr deaths ftw perhaps

Forbiddian

02-15-2012

Quote:
Sauron:
Voli probably died defending capture points while Naut died in the jungle.

Also, the personal score system can be mostly ignored.

Indeed. I have several screenshots of the winning team having fewer individual points total. It's unusual, but yeah, the rating system is ****.