Chat Bug Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ma3x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2009

BUMP!

Can we get an update on this? Is this even gonna get fixed before (or at) the day of release?

PRESlDENT OBAMA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2009

Ya some feedback would be better then anything. Cause this is so annoying. its bad.

IgorPevac

10-26-2009

To those experiancing this bug:
- Are you running Vista?
- What keyboard do you use?
- What langauge is set as default in your OS?
- Do you use an IME?

Ma3x

Recruiter

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorPevac View Post
- Are you running Vista?
- Do you use an IME?
I am running Windows 7, Evaluation copy, Build 7100.
I am using a generic Genius keyboard (no extra drivers whatsoever) and keyboard language/layout is set to my native language (Slovenian).
OS default language is set to Slovenian too.
IME as Input Method Editor? No.

I've tried to change the default language to English (changed system locale, location, format and keyboard language/layout), rebooted and run the game, but the game still crashes when I try to open the chat window in-game.

Just to clarify: other chat (in PvP.Net client) works fine and the in-game chat was also working fine before the Oct 15 update (not sure about the date, it might be a day off).

EDIT: Attached the files that the error report tool sends when this crash happens and my DxDiag info. Hope this helps.

PRESlDENT OBAMA

Recruiter

10-31-2009

Just an update. It still is not fixed i still have this prob. I don't know if other people still do?

Ma3x

Recruiter

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniee View Post
Just an update. It still is not fixed i still have this prob. I don't know if other people still do?
Ofc we still have the problem, since they still haven't fixed it.

I am very dissapointed how such a game breaking bug/issue (in-game chat crashing the client) does not get IMMEDIATE attention and HIGH priority. It has been 2 weeks since it was first reported when it all started with that damned patch.

At least keep us updated and ask for more details if you can't figure out what is causing that access violation.

"League of Legends caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module League of Legends

Read from location 70a41030 caused an access violation."

browniee can u answer those 4 question 3 posts above? Extra info might help, you never know.

Ma3x

Recruiter

11-03-2009

This bug would like some attention from the devs.

Armored

11-06-2009

I'm getting this bug on my wife's desktop. She is running,.

Vista Home Premium
SP1
AMD Athlom(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz
3GB Memory
64-bit OS
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

Keyboard: Microsoft Comfert Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0
Keyboard Language: American
IME: Not using an IME (Input Method Editor) that i know off.

Here is a list of my r3dlog.txt files, i added a few. They happened in every type of game style you can do in LoL.

Ma3x

Recruiter

11-11-2009

This issue is still around with Nov 11 update.

It has been 1 month and 3 updates now, what are you thinking Riot? This is not a minor issue, it's the IN-GAME chat not working for some players. Do you think that we always play pre-mades on Vent or what?

Vilson

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorPevac View Post
- Are you running Vista?
- Do you use an IME?
Running Windows 7, x64
Using some standard Logitech keyboard, Finnish layout
Language the OS is set with is English
Not using IME

I think that the problem originates from the major patch that added new stuff (new map & announcer e.g.) and is not caused by localization (you don't really get to write anything).

This issues seems to be strongly related to previously mentioned bug (game crashing when the match ends).