Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is EZ still viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Airmanu

07-25-2010

AP has been nerf so much he is 1 of the worst casters now and AD rellies alot on MS. But in team fight if you can land AD on their squishies, they are either bad or their tanks are bad.

Team wise he has no CC and a negligeable buff. As AD his ult is way average late game.

Im trying to find another range carry and found him alot less effective then Ashe or Trist. Granted im comparing to pretty much the best out there, but why would i play anything else and expect to win?

Just want to say that its not cause i miss my skill shots, If i get a tourist mid then sure ill take his gold and send him back but vs really good mids, not so much. And in team fights, if their tanks knows what they doing, ill have only them to catch with my MS.

Is it why i almost never see him anymore?

Sailor Moon

07-25-2010

AP is still pretty good.
AD is still very strong.

I honestly dont know what you're trying to say here =/

Airmanu

07-25-2010

Quote:
Sailor Moon:
AP is still pretty good.
AD is still very strong.

I honestly dont know what you're trying to say here =/

That Morgana and Anivia are better at AP then EZ

And that Ashe and Trist are better at AD then EZ (just to name 2 of each)

Assuming both teams are good.

sacredl

Recruiter

07-25-2010

I can't believe ppl are doubting Ez's viability.

Also

Quote:
And that Ashe and Trist are better at AD then EZ (just to name 2 of each)

Simply - no. No Ashe nor Tristrana can endlessly poke + they don't nuke entire team in team fights + none of them can nerf other team's physical dps so much and buff your team's AS as well + he can easily snipe with his wide ranged ult compared to Ashe's + none of them have such amazing escape mechanism making him a more viable carry due to higher survivability. Just to name a bit of his awesome things.

I'm more sad about his AP which is well... pretty BS right now :/.

So according to your post - you're doing it wrong. Ez is still amazing as a ranged physical dps carry.

Concentration

07-25-2010

I lol'd, Ashe or Trist better than ezreal?

Ezreal is still very much viable, especially on AD build, yes he struggles cause of the nerf but he can be a devastating carry in the right hands, let alone his amazing early game can cause him to snowball pretty good.

Airmanu

07-25-2010

Quote:
sacredl:
No Ashe nor Tristrana can endlessly poke + they don't nuke entire team in team fights + none of them can nerf other team's physical dps so much and buff your team's AS as well + he can easily snipe with his wide ranged ult compared to Ashe's + none of them have such amazing escape mechanism making him a more viable carry due to higher survivability. Just to name a bit of his awesome things.

Endlessly poke: they really take skill shots to the face? Wow, i need them mid. Cause players i face dont, or rarelly, i know i dont. And if they do, like i said, ill send him back to base quick on any champs.

Nuke entire teams: AD? Cause his ult isnt that strong and neither is Flux as AD.

easily snipe with his wide ranged ult compared to Ashe's: what? they have same range (global). Also:

Crystal arrow: deal 250/425/600, stun for up to 3.5 seconds, additionally surrounding units take half the damage and are slowed for 3/4/5 seconds

Trueshot barrage: 350/500/650, deals 8% less damage for each unit it hits (Minimum 30%)

My problem is with MS. Ashe's cone is almost 7 of EZ's MS and it slows. But more then anything, IF i can land a MS on a champ, then on Ashe i would be able to land a crystal arrow on him. Stunning him and slowing the entire ennemi team. That right there in good teams ends the fight.

Brassherald

07-25-2010

Ezreal is great as a hybrid AD and AP... just saying.

sacredl

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Quote:
Endlessly poke: they really take skill shots to the face? Wow, i need them mid. Cause players i face dont, or rarelly, i know i dont. And if they do, like i said, ill send him back to base quick on any champs.

practice + 1100 range nuke + blink

Quote:
Nuke entire teams: AD? Cause his ult isnt that strong and neither is Flux as AD.

early-mid game. late game Ez is farmed (and possibly fed) which means tons of damage from autoattack and Q.

Quote:
easily snipe with his wide ranged ult compared to Ashe's: what? they have same range (global). Also:

Crystal arrow: deal 250/425/600, stun for up to 3.5 seconds, additionally surrounding units take half the damage and are slowed for 3/4/5 seconds

Trueshot barrage: 350/500/650, deals 8% less damage for each unit it hits (Minimum 30%)

i said WIDE range.

Quote:
My problem is with MS. Ashe's cone is almost 7 of EZ's MS and it slows. But more then anything, IF i can land a MS on a champ, then on Ashe i would be able to land a crystal arrow on him. Stunning him and slowing the entire ennemi team. That right there in good teams ends the fight.

you're actually kidding me, aren't you?

MS - 40/65/90/115/140 plus 110% of his attack damage; 30/35/40/45/50 mana cost; 1100 range (mind it reduces all cooldowns by 1 sec if it hits + MS's synergy with all proc-in effects)
Cone - dealing attack damage +40/50/60/70/80; 60 mana cost; 600 range

I don't remember exact cooldowns but as you've played them both, MS is far more shorter. MS scales amazingly + it has 500 more range which makes it a great sniping ability allowing Ez to keep away from a direct fight if there's such necessity.

I also dunno why the heck you compare MS to ashe's ulti. MS is a pure damage skill while ashe's ult most of times is used for the stun.

as I read your posts I've one, honest conclussion - your skillshots are poor. That's why Ez is far more viable choice on higher ELO - with a proper aim he literally bones Ashe in damage dealing competition.

Quote:
Ezreal is great as a hybrid AD and AP... just saying.

True but I think it's also a bit situational.

Dwarfling

07-25-2010

Ezreal is still the best ranged carry. Followed by I think Ashe since she lacks escape mechanic and later Tristana because her skills aren't as great.

Airmanu

07-25-2010

MS - 40/65/90/115/140 plus 110%
Cone - 40/50/60/70/80 + 100% x 7. slows by 35%

CD im not sure about EZ's, but Ashe's cone is 4 sec base. Pretty simillar honnestly. I just need to hit 2 of the 7 to out damage EZ's skill shot.

And why im compating MS to Ashe's ult? You refuse to see 1 very important point. Skill shots are not 100% about who cast them. A big part of it is about who its casted on.

Im facing players that dont get hit by skill shots because i dont get hit by skill shots my-self. If i was taking evey skill shot to the face, then id guess id lose alot and face those players your talking about.

IF i can land a skill shot, im used to it being absolutly devastating, most of the time either Ashe's arrow or Morgana's bind (2 of my favorite/best). In both cases in team fights its almost 100% sure kill if it lands on something other then a tank. EZ's skill shot ... take a step left and be more carefull.

p.s.: practice + 1100 range nuke + blink.

in team fights....YES!!!!! LOVE THOSE. Either auto attack them, they get slowed AND CANT ESCAPE CAUSE ITS ON CD. Or just arrow their face for not being behind their tanks anymore.

If we laning. LOL. Their goes your mana. And ya...i ALWAYS stand away from my creeps so that the blink + the skill shot hit me...cause i didnt played about 150 games pre-nerfs with EZ and i do NOT know his mechanics. Or do i?

The one thing i most remember...how he cant deal with large creep waves in the laning phase.