Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr, Cougar/Phoenix?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walkingbox

07-25-2010

Which one should I max out first? Phoenix lets me tower cut and farm really fast. I don't know much about the cougar form, but I use it to beat towers. Which one would make me a ganker?

gun fu panda

07-25-2010

I think you mean "Tiger Stance". Phoenix is best to max first, because it doesn't need items to perform well. Tiger is extremely item dependent. It shreds towers and mauls champions once you have a fleshed out build, but Phoenix is definitely your early-mid game dps stance.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-25-2010

Uh, tiger stance only needs a starks and a brutalizer to be effective. They are both very item independent, but tiger stance will always do more damage no matter what.

DramaticBear

07-25-2010

I saw an udyr get his phoenix to lvl 3 then started working on tiger, because phoenix is better for farming early on.

Geronomo

07-25-2010

From my experience, max out Turtle, Bear, then Tiger.