Ask Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsktheCardmaster

07-14-2012

"Perhaps it is. Destiny is a fickle thing, even fer me. Never really know where she will lead ya' until yer're finally there. Anyways what's yer' game? Poker, Go Fish?" Twisted Fate said as he began to shuffle the deck of cards a vareity of different ways.

He then thought of a question,
"So ya' got a girl yer' chasin after Ah take it? Man like you Ah would imagine so."

Sykper

07-14-2012

"5-card stud, let's keep it standard."

Godot takes a drink. And responds to the second question.

"...To be honest, I am sort of in line at the dragon's clinic. I have doubts that another dove will fly into my life like..." Godot pauses "...Nevermind. Let's just say I lost my chance years ago after making a foolish mistake."

"So Card Master, anything interesting come up for you?"

AsktheCardmaster

07-15-2012

((I had no clue what 5-card stud was until I looked it up. Interesting mix of games its got there. Want me to just draw cards from a deck randomly to determine what we get for our starting cards from now on?))

Twisted Fate dealt out a facedown card for each of them and then a face up one. He had a 9 of hearts while Godot had the Queen of spades as the face-up card. Twisted Fate peeked at his own card it was a 4 of clubs.

"Nothing much going on in mah life besides the obvious dodgin' Graves, takin' money from under people's noses in the rinks n' lookin' fer a woman. The usual besides the matches on Summoner's Rift. Also don't count yerself out yet. Ah had the very same thoughts when Eve broke it off with me then Ah got with Sona."

Sykper

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheCardmaster View Post
((I had no clue what 5-card stud was until I looked it up. Interesting mix of games its got there. Want me to just draw cards from a deck randomly to determine what we get for our starting cards from now on?))

Twisted Fate dealt out a facedown card for each of them and then a face up one. He had a 9 of hearts while Godot had the Queen of spades as the face-up card. Twisted Fate peeked at his own card it was a 4 of clubs.

"Nothing much going on in mah life besides the obvious dodgin' Graves, takin' money from under people's noses in the rinks n' lookin' fer a woman. The usual besides the matches on Summoner's Rift. Also don't count yerself out yet. Ah had the very same thoughts when Eve broke it off with me then Ah got with Sona."
(( Yea for now on just do a random deck deal, I don't mind ))

Godot takes a drink of coffee and checks his facedown, 5 of diamonds.

"Living life on the edge, I remember doing that once. I ended up mostly blind, in a coma, and losing everything. The price we men pay is high Fate. Although, I can't complain about my new appeals into Coffee and the Courts these days."

"...Romance, is one of those difficult subjects for me, I doubt there is a dove out there worth living for me at least. Who knows though Fate, perhaps you are right, my time hasn't come yet maybe."

AsktheCardmaster

07-15-2012

Fate recieves a 2 of clubs and Godot recieves the Ace of clubs for Third Street.

"So that explains the headgear then. What's the most interestin' case ya' had out of yer' career if ya' don't mind me askin'? Ah'm sure ya' have many stories to tell. Kind of like Caitlyn, cept everytime I listen to her stories she begins to reach fer the handcuffs. Ah doubt ya' will do anythin' like that."

Sykper

07-15-2012

Quote:
Fate recieves a 2 of clubs and Godot recieves the Ace of clubs for Third Street.

"So that explains the headgear then. What's the most interestin' case ya' had out of yer' career if ya' don't mind me askin'? Ah'm sure ya' have many stories to tell. Kind of like Caitlyn, cept everytime I listen to her stories she begins to reach fer the handcuffs. Ah doubt ya' will do anythin' like that."
Godot pauses...

"My most interesting case huh? Well amigo, that would probably be my last confrontation with the only man I thought I could never accept, Phoenix Wright."

"I never thought the kid could do it, but he found out the truth, beyond all the odds he managed to figure out who the real killer was in the case..."

Godot adjusts his visor a bit, feeling a sort of sting behind it.

"...Me. Sorry to disappoint, but I did what had to be done in that case. And the worst part was I couldn't admit it was for his friend, I did it for myself, and I should have trusted him. Well, the court at the time was in disarray, they couldn't really pursue me on murder based on the circumstances, but I was punished heavily in other aspects."

Godot takes another drink.

AsktheCardmaster

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
Godot pauses...

"My most interesting case huh? Well amigo, that would probably be my last confrontation with the only man I thought I could never accept, Phoenix Wright."

"I never thought the kid could do it, but he found out the truth, beyond all the odds he managed to figure out who the real killer was in the case..."

Godot adjusts his visor a bit, feeling a sort of sting behind it.

"...Me. Sorry to disappoint, but I did what had to be done in that case. And the worst part was I couldn't admit it was for his friend, I did it for myself, and I should have trusted him. Well, the court at the time was in disarray, they couldn't really pursue me on murder based on the circumstances, but I was punished heavily in other aspects."

Godot takes another drink.
For fourth street Twisted Fate recieves the 9 of clubs while Godot recieves the King of hearts.

Twisted Fate nodded at Godot,

"Well ya did what ya' thought was right at the time n' Ah can't blame ya' for it. Nor can Ah really talk to ya' about it after all look what Ah did fer' me." He said as he took a card out of his pocket n' it began to glow brightly, but he put away moments after. "You know the story behind mah powers so Ah doubt Ah need ta' tell ya' what happened. Also Ah think ya' need to go to one of Sona's concerts. Ah think her music will do ya' alot of good."

Sykper

07-15-2012

Quote:
For fourth street Twisted Fate recieves the 9 of clubs while Godot recieves the King of hearts.

Twisted Fate nodded at Godot,

"Well ya did what ya' thought was right at the time n' Ah can't blame ya' for it. Nor can Ah really talk to ya' about it after all look what Ah did fer' me." He said as he took a card out of his pocket n' it began to glow brightly, but he put away moments after. "You know the story behind mah powers so Ah doubt Ah need ta' tell ya' what happened. Also Ah think ya' need to go to one of Sona's concerts. Ah think her music will do ya' alot of good."
"Mmm, indeed, a concert would do me good...I wonder..."

Godot thinks for a bit while drinking coffee.

"Do you think we were dealt our respective lives? Was it really luck that brought us to right now Fate? I could...live with the fact that maybe it was destiny that made me who I am now...and there was no other path I could take. That maybe it was destiny that I would help Wright grow as an attorney, to find the truth."

Godot's visor seems to ache, but he doesn't show it.

"Maybe then I could stop regretting my choices..."

AsktheCardmaster

07-15-2012

Twisted Fate thought for a moment as he dealt out 5th Street. He received a 10 of diamonds while Godot received a 9 of diamonds.

"Well ya' asked the right person, n' Ah've often wondered that myself. The way mah life has played out it seems as though it was out all set up. Ah've had mah close calls with authorities, mah heartaches, and the consequences of mah choice show up. Yet Ah'm strung along as if there was some greater purpose. What Destiny shows me about other or what the cards show me, can be fairly accurate, but there is always the cases that show otherwise."

He shrugged, as he continued his train of thought, "To be honest Ah'd say our lives are controlled by Destiny to an extent, but we also possess a freedom to change them if we so desire. Perhaps after that point we are given the power to make our own paths. That’s what I believe at least. Perhaps the point Destiny had control was after that case you spoke over earlier. Now yer' free ta' make yer' own decisions."

Twisted Fate flipped over his face down card and revealed his 9 of hearts, "Ah have a pair of 9's. What do ya' got?"

Sykper

07-15-2012

Quote:
Twisted Fate thought for a moment as he dealt out 5th Street. He received a 10 of diamonds while Godot received a 9 of diamonds.

"Well ya' asked the right person, n' Ah've often wondered that myself. The way mah life has played out it seems as though it was out all set up. Ah've had mah close calls with authorities, mah heartaches, and the consequences of mah choice show up. Yet Ah'm strung along as if there was some greater purpose. What Destiny shows me about other or what the cards show me, can be fairly accurate, but there is always the cases that show otherwise."

He shrugged, as he continued his train of thought, "To be honest Ah'd say our lives are controlled by Destiny to an extent, but we also possess a freedom to change them if we so desire. Perhaps after that point we are given the power to make our own paths. Thatís what I believe at least. Perhaps the point Destiny had control was after that case you spoke over earlier. Now yer' free ta' make yer' own decisions."

Twisted Fate flipped over his face down card and revealed his 9 of hearts, "Ah have a pair of 9's. What do ya' got?"
"A couple diamonds in the rough-"

Godot says this as he flips the 5 of diamonds...and chuckles.

"Heh, I may be free to make my choices, but luck sure doesn't like to tell me when I lose soon enough it seems. It is quite bitter, like my coffee."

Godot finishes his cup, and gets another one.

"To be honest, I think this kind of poker is the most realistic...it doesn't go easy on you, and most of the time it throws you nothing. But think about it, you don't need something extravagant like a flush or full house...if you want to win, all you need is the pair. The simple...pair."

For some reason, the visor stings more than normal, and blood drips down.