This is ridiculous

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WheelchairTennis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

I just started playing ranked. A friend and I have spent atleast 30 minutes now trying to find a team that doesn't try completely retarded comps/placements. After requesting an AD carry/support combo between the two of us (about 2 games ago) the team agrees, and then someone picks ashe and demands to be solo top..

Fast forward two dodges, one because they all picked carries, and another because they all picked tanks and an amumu demanded that he get solotop after we have a skarner jungling and an alistar bottom.

Is it this hard to find people who understand how to play? I mean hell, I just started playing ranked and I know more about this game than these idiots.

cpulley1

02-14-2012

Since you've just started playing ranked, I assume you're still rather new to the game. It sounds like you're starting placement matches are at a lower ELO. I would argue that more games could be won with your team mates playing champs they are most familiar with and best with, and by focussing on the fundamentals (last hitting, not pushing the lane, arranging jungle ganks, keeping the map warding, counter jungling enemy buffs, etc) rather than stressing over team comp.

Beefy teams are doing well right now. The word 'tank' really shouldn't reference a character that takes hits and deals no damage as I think you might be using it. There's no way to make a the enemy team attack one 'tank' all fight long. Instead, the word tank is used to reference someone who has disruptions, usually pretty beefy so that he can initiate, and if built well amumu, allistar, and skarner can all deal considerable damage.

The hardest thing to get a low elo team to do is to work together. In my humble opinion I'd say you are best off letting your team mates pick their best champs and lane accordingly and coaching them along through the game. Loosing your temper and telling your team how worthless they are (and worthless they may be) in my experience makes them play worse. Tell them they are CSing wel.. and they will focus on CSing, ask politely for wards and coordinate dragon kills and they will more likely listen to you later on when it counts.

My elo was up to 1380 or so and I really think I am about a 1250ish player. I duo qued with a friend of mine who was ranked 600 for a few weeks and my rating tanked. I would gain like 6 points for each win and -18 for each loss. Then it dropped further when I solo qued b/c I couldn't get a team to listen to me and coordinate. By following the advice above I've raised my elo from 800 even to 1065 and counting. I even won 18 out of 20 ranked games in two nights.

Hope this helps!

WheelchairTennis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpulley1 View Post
Since you've just started playing ranked, I assume you're still rather new to the game. It sounds like you're starting placement matches are at a lower ELO. I would argue that more games could be won with your team mates playing champs they are most familiar with and best with, and by focussing on the fundamentals (last hitting, not pushing the lane, arranging jungle ganks, keeping the map warding, counter jungling enemy buffs, etc) rather than stressing over team comp.

Beefy teams are doing well right now. The word 'tank' really shouldn't reference a character that takes hits and deals no damage as I think you might be using it. There's no way to make a the enemy team attack one 'tank' all fight long. Instead, the word tank is used to reference someone who has disruptions, usually pretty beefy so that he can initiate, and if built well amumu, allistar, and skarner can all deal considerable damage.

The hardest thing to get a low elo team to do is to work together. In my humble opinion I'd say you are best off letting your team mates pick their best champs and lane accordingly and coaching them along through the game. Loosing your temper and telling your team how worthless they are (and worthless they may be) in my experience makes them play worse. Tell them they are CSing wel.. and they will focus on CSing, ask politely for wards and coordinate dragon kills and they will more likely listen to you later on when it counts.

My elo was up to 1380 or so and I really think I am about a 1250ish player. I duo qued with a friend of mine who was ranked 600 for a few weeks and my rating tanked. I would gain like 6 points for each win and -18 for each loss. Then it dropped further when I solo qued b/c I couldn't get a team to listen to me and coordinate. By following the advice above I've raised my elo from 800 even to 1065 and counting. I even won 18 out of 20 ranked games in two nights.

Hope this helps!
I've watched plenty of streams and I would say i'm an average-above average player. I do coordinate dragon, but more often then not the team won't listen. I'm to the point now(elo wise) that supports don't recognize that you aren't supposed to CS.and don't understand that the acronym for clairvoyance is CV.

I would always read about ELO hell and think it was just the players fault, but I see now that it is a very, very real thing.

corallein

02-14-2012

You do realize that dodging is lowering your Elo and causing you to get queued up with increasingly bad players, right?

WheelchairTennis

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
You do realize that dodging is lowering your Elo and causing you to get queued up with increasingly bad players, right?
Yes, I do realize that. But I'd rather lose the 10 and be able to try and get into a lobby w/ good players than waste 40 minutes getting wrecked.

I really don't think ranked is for me, then. Between this ELO problem and the fact that everyone seems to be encountering the same bug when trying to load champions. I've spent the past probably 20 minutes trying to find a game where someone doesn't dodge because of a terrible team comp, or because someone can't see the champions.

Magiceffect

02-14-2012

qqqqqqqqq

Dèvi

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelchairTennis View Post
Yes, I do realize that. But I'd rather lose the 10 and be able to try and get into a lobby w/ good players than waste 40 minutes getting wrecked.

I really don't think ranked is for me, then. Between this ELO problem and the fact that everyone seems to be encountering the same bug when trying to load champions. I've spent the past probably 20 minutes trying to find a game where someone doesn't dodge because of a terrible team comp, or because someone can't see the champions.
While the bug doesn't help things elo hell (for decently good players) simply doesn't exist you'll simply win 75-80% of the matches until you get around your elo.