Udyr builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haestro

07-25-2010

Recently I was wondering if i should buy Udyr. I realize he is a pretty difficult champion to play, but he also seems fun and intuitive. Before I start farming IP for him, what sorta builds are there and what are there advantages? I would really appreciate the feedback.

elhermano

07-25-2010

uhhmm... i usually build him as a dsp champ, boots first, last whisper, bloodthirster, sometimes sunfire cape, and infinity edge... with this items you have plenty of attack speed, damage and even some armor with sunfire.... works for me... but then again, i build him as a dps, you can try some other different builds with him

PMxLightsOut

07-25-2010

I perfer tank imo because tank items + a bloodrazor = hard to kill and amazing damage. I go Omen, Banshee's veil, Bloodrazor, then the other 3 tank items are situational. Sometimes i get a locket after that depends on my team.

Taiwan Terror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-26-2010

Udyr can be pretty challenging to learn for some, but I feel that he is very fun and can be very strong when played right
With the recent Udyr changes, the 2 main ways that people build him are a tanky approach and a more dps/attackspeed based approach.
Udyr is a champion that benefits a lot from attackspeed, with items such as starks fervor and the bloodrazor udyr can pump out a serious amount of damage.
As a tank with constant turtle procs, a potential 1 second stun to every member on the opposing team, and with AOE phoenix burst udyr can maintain survivability while still dealing a bunch of damage - he is one of those champions who doesn't really need lots of dmg items to deal damage.
With the tiger buff people have also tried experimenting with dps builds, as said above - since a maxed out tiger stance will deal a DOT of triple your attack damage ;p I haven't tried this build yet, but it's a possibility.
Udyr is also a very good jungler, he ends up jungling pretty fast, and with the bear stance stun and movement speed, he is a very good ganker.
I believe that Udyr is very well rounded, and has lots of advantages to him as a champ ;p