Thorn and Sunfire Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rent A Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

So I recently started playing as Shen and wanting to get better. I've seen people who go boots and like 3-4 sunfire and guardian angel raping. So I was wondering first how do you start your items in this? I could not find any guides on it on leaguecraft nor here and secondly is boots sunfire thorn guardian angel a good build? Sometimes I can get this to work and when I do all physical pretty much bow down to me but is it as good as just good pure sunfire?

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2010

uhhh, i ussually do dorans shield, heart of gold, boots, boots 2, aegis of legion, after that any of sunfire, frozen mallet, atmas, thorn mail, randuins omen,

still havent figured out a good magic resist item for him since the only one is banshees veil, the only one that adds hit points that is, so i guess that is the obvious choice

aegis gives you everything you need to tank with shen against just about any enemy team composition, you want most of your items to have hit points on them to gain some synergy from your passive

i used to get a spirit visage on him but after the nerf to his heal i dont really know anymore

basically, you can start with those 4 items i mentioned, and after that you build to counter the enemy teams damage composition

dorans shield(hp, armor, regen), heart of gold(hp/armor/gp-5),

boots(90% of the time, merc treads, second choice? i dnno, swiftness probably [ninja tabi will take away from your passive proc, whether you think thats a good or bad thing is up up to you])

then aegis of the legion every game all the time (hp, armor, magic resist, small damage, aura for party)

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

07-25-2010

nobody want to give this guy any more advices?

Rent A Ninja

07-25-2010

T_T well I have tried doing something similar to that RaginHomoSapien but for some reason I dont have as much luck compared to playing Boots Sunfire Thorns, Maybe it's just my playstyle I'm also trying to test out a dps build with shen because he is naturally bulky making him dps might be viable?

Mamox

07-25-2010

It's situational. Is the enemy physical heavy? AP heavy? Balanced on both?

If they are 4/5 physical ya building sunfires is a great idea, but theres no point in ignoring magic resists.

Doran's Shield + pot
Boots (merc treads usually)
Aegis of Legion (amazing item)

And thats my core. it changes from there.

Lots of physical? Sunfire cape or 2, maybe a Randuin's. Lots of Magic damage? Force or nature or a guardian angel next. (guardian angel is a good every situation item actually) I need more HP? Throw in a giant's Belt--> sunfire cape or frozen mallet.

Its all situational man. I usually dont start off with a heart of gold, but some people like to. It depends, im not a huge fan of gold/5 items.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

07-25-2010

well ya know, it (can) pays for itself, and i'm allways gonna upgrade it to a randuins at some point

Rent a ninja, if the build isn't working out for you, I would assume your team doesnt know how to utilize on your "taunt 3-5 people, Feint, auto attack, Q" combo, you can easily achieve this combo and survive just as soon as you have aegis, you can do it in front of towers, behind towers, etc, shen is a bad ass mofo and VERY HARD to kill, if it isn't working for you despite a good team....i dont know, maybe enemy is fed which again means bad team, or you aren't doing it right.... i dnno, this build ALLWAYS work for me and I am considered a pretty BAMF shen =)

Pwnacus Maximus

07-25-2010

I play alot of shen and i feel like there's a better core out there than dorans boots and aegis.

I go dorans > boots > leviathan > guardians angel. It gives you a hell of alot more survivability and alot more resists. It is a bit more expensive, but with this core you don't need as much of either resist.

so physical heavy:
Boots
Leviathan
GA
Randuins
Sunfire

Magic Heavy:
Boots
leviathan
Guardians Angel
Banshees
Force of Nature

Mix:
Boots
Leviathan
Guardians angel
Randuins
Banshees

Spitz6860

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post

so physical heavy:
Boots
Leviathan
GA
Randuins
Sunfire

Magic Heavy:
Boots
leviathan
Guardians Angel
Banshees
Force of Nature

Mix:
Boots
Leviathan
Guardians angel
Randuins
Banshees
i didn't realize peole still get leviathan after the nerf, how often do you get the -15% damage btw?

Pwnacus Maximus

07-25-2010

not every game, but it does happen. it depends on your team setup and the enemy team setup, if you're raping them you will usually get 20 stacks or if you get lucky and dont die much you can get 20 stacks, but don't count on it. the best part of it is the cheap source of HP, not the 20 stack bonus. that's the icing on the cake.

xNCK9lEzvrYXwERT

07-25-2010

realy simple
for the start:

first buy 2 health pots
then buy that hp regen item for 250 gold

after that get money for a giant's belt
or when you have about 900 and are back take the health crystal and regrowth pendant

try to get warmogs

then get spirit's visage

after that it depends on the enemies team
if they are more ab hen buy nature's force

more attack power then buy warden's mail
after that buy the other one

you might wanna get some kind of boots somewhere in this build

when you have all those items you should have about 200 health regen per sec

you might wanna take a force of nature extra ... or just go for levethian or something you like
sun fire cape is also recommended

GL HF