Shen Impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

02-14-2012

Time will tell, however he's defintely at least playable now which is all I wanted. He's fun to play.

Now I wish I'd bought that Scorpion skin when it was $1.

MMKH

02-14-2012

I just queued with some buddies and beat IG's premade with our troll comp lol. Went legendary as magic DPS Shen. I like how Riot is remaking older champs like they did with Jax to enable more viable build options in general.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Shen is verrry stronk with tanky AS On-hit build. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back and brought down his base AS and per level gains at the very least next patch, because they pretty high.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

the problem with shen are the ones that don't ult to bottom lane

Nekrogen

02-15-2012

I really love the new Shen.

Played him a bunch last night and found that Nashors is key on him after you get some health and resistances. With higher AS, Shen can have KI Strike up more often thanks to his revamped passive and W allowing for faster energy regeneration. It also provides ample CDR for ability spamming, but this would normally leave a champion like Shen out of energy. Combine passive spamming with ability spamming and you can continue to ability spam, allowing for him to cast Q and W LOTS in duels and E more often in teamfights. It also provides quite a bit of AP for more shield power, which can be spammed as explained above.

The result of Nashors basically gives him tons of utility, DPS, and tankiness thanks to his spammable shield and HP regen on Q.

If you grab a bunch of early HP (I've been liking Frozen mallet and Aegis, but those are preference), you not only become harder to kill yourself, but your teammates benefit from vorpal blade as well thanks to the revamp.

All in all, I'm really happy with what they did with Shen; he feels a lot more fluid.

DivineBovine

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Hurrhurr.

My very first champion I ever bought on this account was Shen. This was before his ult nerfs waaaay back, so he was pretty OP. I got surgeon Shen, then he got nerfed to the ground... so I'm really happy about these buffs. I will be playing him quite a bit over the next few days I imagine.

Holy **** I bought Shen as my first champ tooooo <3

aiNpeace

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBovine View Post
Holy **** I bought Shen as my first champ tooooo <3
so

zionist shill

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiNpeace View Post
so