Shen Impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
I've been putting 1 point in each skill and then leveling R>W>Q>E

The key is keeping an eye on your energy. If you have to Shadow dash you have to dash, but if you only have enough energy for either a W, or a Q, W takes priority so that you can gain that energy back faster.
W isn't going to net you an energy gain unless you have extremely high attack speed.

Ultime

02-14-2012

ill need to buy shen for fun, been messing around with soraka coop vs bots, and her mana was no issues, its great, shen look fun to try

Stimuz

02-14-2012

Shen definitely seems solid now. I didn't think those changes would really effect his energy "flow" but it feels a lot less clunky now. Course, the remake basically turned Shen into an ASPD bruiser just like Jax but it seems that's whats required to be viable in this game.

Little Boy Nate

02-14-2012

He is by no means an ASPD bruiser just because of extra energy regeneration on his Feint and lower Ki Strike every attack. Build him like a tank and you will be doing your job and not the bruiser's. He has 2 shields, a way to regenerate your entire teams health and an AoE taunt for a reason.

SweetTooth

02-14-2012

Triforce is downright mandatory for him it seems. That, plus Wits End and you have some scary damage. He is kinda like Udyr now. Except much higher burst.

Panwar

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
W isn't going to net you an energy gain unless you have extremely high attack speed.
It's not going to get you your energy back with just one ability use. But I would think having consistent up-time of Feint is going to net you energy return over the course of a fight.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

I feel infinitely out of energy. If I don't hit 3 target with shadow dash I basically completely empty myself out.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-14-2012

Well, the verdict in Classic is that he's hilariously OP now, so I'm sure he can't be complete ass in Dominion.

lbgsloan

02-14-2012

I think it's best to level W over E for the first time ever. The shield only triggers more passive procs if it stays up, so leaving it at one point will result in it doing nothing.

Quote:
Well, the verdict in Classic is that he's hilariously OP now
They said Volibear was OP on release over there, and he's dropped to **** tier now after very minor tweaks. I've been trying out Shen builds and I think his damage output is much better now. I've actually been building him like Derpwick, just with Randuin's instead of FH. It works better than trying to force that expensive Trinity in there.

The Wrongsword

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I think it's best to level W over E for the first time ever. The shield only triggers more passive procs if it stays up, so leaving it at one point will result in it doing nothing.

They said Volibear was OP on release over there, and he's dropped to **** tier now after very minor tweaks. I've been trying out Shen builds and I think his damage output is much better now. I've actually been building him like Derpwick, just with Randuin's instead of FH. It works better than trying to force that expensive Trinity in there.
Yeah exactly, they overreact to every change like a bunch of excitable children on the SR forums. That doesn't really mean anything.

Give it some time, shen may be out of garbage tier, but he wont be good.