Ahri - Nerfed again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
I know Dominion is being ignored when it comes to champion balance

After 250 games of non-stop Ahri playing, i think i will have to finally say goodbye (for a while) because of the recent nerfs.
Thank God. I hate Ahri and I'm glad to see her go.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Ahri was(is still probably) very good in Dom.

Kedali

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Aint that the truth... The game I mentioned earlier, I had charm literally go through Gragas on multiple occasions.

But that could be a general skillshot hitbox problem. I know I've had some trouble with Amumu bandage toss as well.
This is why I said good luck landing charm on a champion with a gap closer. Charm will fly through them without doing anything, meaning you have to wait until they're on top of you before you use it, at which point you're mostly dead and after your charm wears off in one second they'll use their gap closer again and you're dead. Ahri is one of the most easily killable casters in the game when her ult is down, which is now going to be a lot more of the time.

LuluBella

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

i don't like how when they nerf they nerf all levels instead of just level 3 for her ult, she still needs her ult for lower levels, and i feel that waiting 2 mins at lvl 6 for an ult that is her escape/kill ability is just stupid

Xtracted

02-14-2012

The nerfs are a little too much on her ult. Its her only escape tool without flash

Annaed

02-14-2012

This nerf is ridiculous. I've never felt ahri to be OP.. I primarily play ahri, but this nerf is gonna hurt really bad.. I can't believe they've touched her yet again.. So tired of the constant changes and the QQers.

I even thought the mana cost changes to her Q were unnecessary.

The worst part is not only did they increase the cooldown on her ult, but they increased the cooldown between casts... I think they really wanted to make her useless...

BigDaddyRelish

02-14-2012

Honestly I think she needed the nerfs. To me she is one of the top picks in Dominion, and is essentially unstoppable in the right hands. While skillful play should be rewarded, I've felt that Ahri is so strong that you don't even really need to be skilled to go legendary with her. Her ultimate is extremely forgiving.

I wish we had Ranked in Dom so I could show you my stats with her but it's just like I can't lose when I play as her. She's just so good in so many areas that I feel almost like I'm cheating when I play her.

The cooldown nerfs I do believe are justified and won't stop me from playing her. It's just now I can't use my ult so liberally without cdr as I can't escape nearly every situation that I come across. Did they go a little too far? Maybe, we'll have to play it out to see.

But in 1800-1900 elo Ahri is an extremely dominant force, at least from what I've seen/played.

EDIT: Just played with one who just straight up wiped her ass with the enemy team. Does one game decide balance? No. But maybe the nerfs weren't as bad as you think.

Ultime

02-14-2012

ahri have never been top pick in dominion in high elo ( 2000 + )

for 1 reason, if your teal have a ranged silende or a raneg root, she dies instantly withotu doign anything

ryze or kassadin says LOL to ahri

Aerodynamic

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
I know Dominion is being ignored when it comes to champion balance

After 250 games of non-stop Ahri playing, i think i will have to finally say goodbye (for a while) because of the recent nerfs.

I never felt she is UP or OP in any of my games. I was upset with the last nerf but it's still alright after i switched to 9/0/21 from 21/0/9 on her build, making her very viable. (due to 6% cdr and extra mana)

But now, another 20sec on ult??? I think that's way overboard......

She is easily counterable by champs like ryze who can easily snare your face, do shift+3 whilst hitting you.
And if you get too close with ult, you get hit, and too far, you don't end up doing damage from it.

At the end fo the day, I think i will have to say farewell to her for a while (until someone is done), but she was really really fun to play.

Yes, i feel upset, but i am sure RIOT does not care...
I just can't stop reading your opening sentences. 250 straight games and you don't think she is OP? I'm kinda shocked at that statement.

Kedali

02-15-2012

I played probably three hundred games of Karma in a row on SR. Does that mean she's overpowered too?