Ahri - Nerfed again

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

I know Dominion is being ignored when it comes to champion balance

After 250 games of non-stop Ahri playing, i think i will have to finally say goodbye (for a while) because of the recent nerfs.

I never felt she is UP or OP in any of my games. I was upset with the last nerf but it's still alright after i switched to 9/0/21 from 21/0/9 on her build, making her very viable. (due to 6% cdr and extra mana)

But now, another 20sec on ult??? I think that's way overboard......

She is easily counterable by champs like ryze who can easily snare your face, do shift+3 whilst hitting you.
And if you get too close with ult, you get hit, and too far, you don't end up doing damage from it.

At the end fo the day, I think i will have to say farewell to her for a while (until someone is done), but she was really really fun to play.

Yes, i feel upset, but i am sure RIOT does not care... and thanks for the downvotes from forum trolls.

AbsolutePK

02-14-2012

I played a game as Ahri for the first time in a couple months right before the servers went down for maint (was getting stomped by a super aggressive gragas, serves me right thinking I can not play a champ for 2 months and still be an ace), and I must say 20s added to ult cooldown is a big hit.

High Mobility Assasin is right every 100 seconds, otherwise she's a real rival for Anivia in the turtle race.

Just read patch notes again and it's +20/+15/+10 for the cooldown increase.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Just read patch notes again and it's +20/+15/+10 for the cooldown increase.
10sec on rank3 is not too bad, but with the short pace of Dominion, even awareness 4/4 will still cause champions to not hit level 16 until mid-late game.

And if we were loosing badly (because of the "uselessness" of level 3-15), then we will never see level 16 before we've already lost.
Without her ult, Ahri is half as useful (noting all her skill are skillshots, including w)*

Might be a bit extreme to say, but you would have to remember she already had +10/10/10 from release form already...
80sec cooldown on rank 3 now is the same as 80sec cooldown on rank 1 release...

Also her mana cost was never ever low too, which makes her hard to play and sustain

*w is a skillshot because it is so easy for foxfire to land on minions instead of enemy champs without ult available...

MMKH

02-14-2012

I thought Ahri was fine. She got some slight nerfs but I don't think that will affect her too adversely. She still performs her role pretty well as a poke/kite mage.

Raekwon Tha Chef

02-14-2012

If they are going to keep increasing her ult cd then they should really have a system so unused charges lower the cd of it a bit, maybe 10 or 15 seconds for each one.

Yaladilae

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I thought Ahri was fine. She got some slight nerfs but I don't think that will affect her too adversely. She still performs her role pretty well as a poke/kite mage.
Not at early stage, because 20 / 15 sec is really a lot... esp when she goes to poke, gets jumped on, and needs an escape, or when she needs to quickly finish someone off

The 1sec from 0.75sec on the other hand is very justifiable, and makes much more sense to nerf that (i think its ok to make it even 1.25sec)

Also since she is regularly on the nerf list, if forum QQer (on GD) thinks she is still fine, she is most likely to get hit by the bat again =(

EinzigerAI

02-14-2012

Sad part is I bought her probably 2 hours before the patch note release.

WaterD103

02-14-2012

I think Ahri was top material in Dominion, but the nerfs are big, now she will be meh, I think still playable, but meh.

Kedali

02-14-2012

I stopped playing Ahri after like 40 games with her just because I felt that she was far too reliant on her ult. She's not necessarily weak without it, but because it's so good, Riot gave her very little utility in the rest of the kit. Charm is obviously great, but it is blocked by minions and just generally difficult to land, especially if you are trying to cast it while jumping around. Other than that, she has no speed boost or escape mechanism at all.

Now, with the ult rut nerfed, she is left with a kit that gives zero survivability vs. the most common Dominion champs (see how much use charm is on a champion with a gap closer), and if she does use her ult to escape instead of doing damage, you are punished even more for it. I played her rarely before, but I doubt I'll play her at all now.

AbsolutePK

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedali View Post
Charm is obviously great, but it is blocked by minions and just generally difficult to land, especially if you are trying to cast it while jumping around.
Aint that the truth... The game I mentioned earlier, I had charm literally go through Gragas on multiple occasions.

But that could be a general skillshot hitbox problem. I know I've had some trouble with Amumu bandage toss as well.