Dominion in the air

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutePK

02-15-2012

Speaking of knock-up/knock arounds. Saw this yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBSmCEdNLJA

Also an example of extended knock-up. Alistar knocks him up even farther before he reaches the ground.

GrignardTS

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
They pick tanks, you take carries.

They pick carries, you take assassins.

They pick assassins, you take tanks.

Rock, paper, scissors.
This.

Silverstab

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Except for Blitz, none of them have high mobility.
Poppy has speed up, Wukong can tele to minions, Jarvan can tele to his pole over walls. Yeah, totally 'none'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
They pick tanks, you take carries.

They pick carries, you take assassins.

They pick assassins, you take tanks.

Rock, paper, scissors.
Remember that part when I said not everyone can play draft? Yeah.

lbgsloan

02-16-2012

Quote:
I'm not sure if you can qqs a knock-up.
You can't, but QSS is the most cost-effective mres item in Dominion that doubles as a super Cleanse. It takes care of the odd stun and silence, WW ults, and exhausts, leaving me free to get boots that are more useful than mercs on Dominion.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

I have to say, I haven't seen chain knockups like this before in Dominion, at least not regularly. But then again, I play Draft.

Of important note is that this champs are pretty much Melee, so your number one advantage is positioning. If you get ambushed there may well be nothing you can do, but that's the result of their good gameplay rather than a balance issue. It goes the other way around too though. Be cautious, check brush by any means OTHER than facechecking as often as possible.
If they're grouped up together on one point, then spread out. They're wasting manpower protecting one point while leaving others vulnerable. You can only get chainstunned by 4 guys if 4 guys are together in the same place. That's the time for someone to harass them into thinking staying there together is worth it, while your teammates cap other points.

I guess, in short, isolate them. Roaming around as one large group is NOT a viable way to win Dominion, so if you lay the pressure on over a wide area, they have to split up into smaller, more easily managed groups.

DrammaLamma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstab View Post

So, how do you counter a team of Nautilus, Jarvan, Wukong, Alistar, and, lets say Poppy (they don't even need Rammus).

Buy ****ing armor........

Learn to play a mobile champion that can out range them.....

Ragnar Draconus

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrammaLamma View Post
Buy ****ing armor........

Learn to play a mobile champion that can out range them.....
Man, I'm sure glad poppy and nautilus don't do magic damage. That would end up making your post look pretty silly.