Dominion in the air

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverstab

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Well not to get too into it, but that setup also calls for sending 5 people top.
Wukong is usually bot, since his knock ups start at lvl 6 anyway. You can swap him for Malphite I guess, but Malp's ult seemed to bug a lot some time ago.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

So you are suggesting, what, exactly?

That a team roaming around the map as a group of 5, chaining CC's into Poppy nukes is unbeatable?

How are they defending their towers from backcapping?

lbgsloan

02-14-2012

This isn't really a Dominion issue though, this is more Riot making too many uncounterable cc effects as of late. You could very well have Wukong (solotop), Jarvan (jungle), and Alistar (support) on the same team on SR. It's one of the reasons I often ignore tenacity completely on Dominion and just grab a QSS later if needed.

Silverstab

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I often ignore tenacity completely on Dominion and just grab a QSS later if needed.
I'm not sure if you can qqs a knock-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
So you are suggesting, what, exactly?

That a team roaming around the map as a group of 5, chaining CC's into Poppy nukes is unbeatable?

How are they defending their towers from backcapping?
Once they capture a point it's almost impossible to get it back. Most of them have high mobility, so they can get to you before you cap.

GrignardTS

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstab View Post
I'm not sure if you can qqs a knock-up.

Once they capture a point it's almost impossible to get it back. Most of them have high mobility, so they can get to you before you cap.
So they tanky, have infinite CC, tons of damage, and tons of mobility.

Sounds more like a personal vendetta than a discussion of balance. Most of the CC you mentioned can be countered by good positioning.

And BD please. Smart BDing wins games.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstab View Post
Your scenario still doesn't make sense. They can't chain-CC you unless they are all together, moving around as a group of five. If that's the case, they are leaving four towers, at any given time, completely undefended.

Split your team up and ninjacap multiple towers at once.

MMKH

02-14-2012

Knockup/knockback comps are very strong, but if you realize that your team is losing team fights, it's time to try a new strategy like split-pushing/back-capping. My team figured this out one match and ended up winning.

You could also try a comp with spell shields or immunes like Sivir, Morgana, Brolaf, etc. and they won't be able to knockup/back as easily.

Silverstab

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Your scenario still doesn't make sense. They can't chain-CC you unless they are all together, moving around as a group of five. If that's the case, they are leaving four towers, at any given time, completely undefended.

Split your team up and ninjacap multiple towers at once.
Just two of them is enough to chain knock-ups. Make one of them Alistar and it's even 3 in short time. You don't have that much space to position yourself in dominion. Especially since they have gap closers too.

BD capturing seems like a good idea, will try it more often, thanks.

I still think knock ups are too strong now that more champions have them.

Hugs From Momma

02-15-2012

They pick tanks, you take carries.

They pick carries, you take assassins.

They pick assassins, you take tanks.

Rock, paper, scissors.

Panwar

02-15-2012

Quote:
Most of them have high mobility, so they can get to you before you cap.
Except for Blitz, none of them have high mobility.