Dominion in the air

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverstab

02-14-2012

It's getting boring.
Not everyone can play draft mode.
It's WAY to easy to create a perfect, untouchable team team in Dominion.
I've told this in the Nautilus spotlight comment, but It just keeps on bothering me.

Does this game have diminishing returns? If yes - not enough of them, if not - they should definitely put them at least on knock-ups and knock-backs.

I've recently fought a team of Jarvan, Alistar, and Wukong. 3 aoe knock-ups + 1 knock-back, all unaffected by tenacity. All from tanky, tanky champs who in Dominion have 'tons of damage', including aoe. There is no way of countering them, other than making a similar team.
You can't use items with on hit effects - you are in the air, dying.

Now Nautilus shows up.

So, how do you counter a team of Nautilus, Jarvan, Wukong, Alistar, and, lets say Poppy (they don't even need Rammus).

4 aoe knock-ups, knock-back and a nuker. Just keep everyone in the air all the time and let Poppy kill them one by one. GL stopping any of them, cause by the time they use the ultimate-type knock ups, Alistar has a fresh one off already off cd.
It's only annoying in Dominion, cause you cant cut them off from exp and gold, like you would do in Summoner's Rift.

Knock ups were fine when they were unique, now they are op when chained.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

How does Jarvan AOE knockup??? I am curious, i must be missing something

Semiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
How does Jarvan AOE knockup??? I am curious, i must be missing something
His gap-closer knocks up.

AbsolutePK

02-14-2012

I'm surprised Blitz isn't listed anywhere in there, since he's essentially the master of CC on Dominion.

Also, I'm fairly sure knock-up can stack. I've been killed before I've even touched the ground because 2 knock ups were used on me, and I'm fairly sure it sent me higher than I normally would have gone.

May require some testing.

Yaladilae

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiel View Post
His gap-closer knocks up.
Thanks, i can never remember, since they usually put the standard down and wait a bit before they pull, so there is time to get the hell out

ProSauce VT

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
I'm surprised Blitz isn't listed anywhere in there, since he's essentially the master of CC on Dominion.

Also, I'm fairly sure knock-up can stack. I've been killed before I've even touched the ground because 2 knock ups were used on me, and I'm fairly sure it sent me higher than I normally would have gone.

May require some testing.
I too have seen this when I was blitz and had an Allistar on my team. I don't know for certain whether its just the animation that shows the champ higher or if they actually are physically sent higher (thereby meaning it stacks so to speak).

Silverstab

02-14-2012

Quote:
He doesn't have aoe knock up, and the silence can be shortened. But sure, you can replace Poppy with Blitz, why not.

AbsolutePK

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstab View Post
He doesn't have aoe knock up, and the silence can be shortened. But sure, you can replace Poppy with Blitz, why not.
Poppy isn't really a master of CC. Unless you count death as CC.. I'd replace Jarvan with Blitz. Sure Jarvan has an AoE knock up, but Blitz damages enemies just by being near them, AoE silences so they can't flash away, grips anyone that TRIES to run away or can position them in front of a wall for an easy poppy gib.

I've also always felt knock ups were an extremely powerful CC since Tenacity doesn't decrease time spent in the air, so I see what you're worried about when they just keep introducing this form of CC to more champions.

All I can say is Blitz or Alistar will probably be among the list of permanently banned champions in the coming weeks.

Something along the lines of Rammus, Yorick, Shaco, Alistar, Wukong, Kassadin would probably be a normal set of bans. Alistar is banned sometimes anyway, and I'm surprised more people don't play Blitzcrank even though I've seen a few the past couple days.

Silverstab

02-14-2012

Quote:
Poppy isn't really a master of CC.
Well, I've put Poppy there not cause of her cc, but because of her burst. Team I've mentioned would greatly benefit from someone like Poppy, who can smash almost anyone, while the rest keeps everyone busy. I think she will just kill faster than Blitz in that set. That's all

AbsolutePK

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstab View Post
Well, I've put Poppy there not cause of her cc, but because of her burst. Team I've mentioned would greatly benefit from someone like Poppy, who can smash almost anyone, while the rest keeps everyone busy. I think she will just kill faster than Blitz in that set. That's all
Well not to get too into it, but that setup also calls for sending 5 people top.