Karthas Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarlSagansCosmos

07-25-2010

I'm wanting to pick up a caster and I'm thinking about playing Karthas. While I enjoy his backstory and powers, i've never been too fond of his "kill-steal" ability. So, when I start to play him, I was thinking of instead of using it as a closer to possibly get those last second kills, to start it as an opener to a team battles. I think this could be a decent opener, puts the enemy at a disadvantage and allows me to hopefully spread the kills out among the group. With a team that has soraka, it would force her to burn her wish early, making it so we don't have a last minute save.

So, is this possible with Karthas, has anyone tried this?

apriliamille

07-25-2010

nothing says you have to be a selfish ks karthus
ive used it as a pre emptive strike when friendly lane is about to push a tower to assist in backing the defenders up. or a fast enemy push on a lane tower to help make them cautious of getting to close. i tend to use it mid team fight. nothing like watching a huge chunk disappear out of the enemy health bars leaving openings for friendlies to do mop up

BarbeqdBrwniez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Not to mention if somebody would get away, it's not really a steal...

Babbits

07-25-2010

The main problem with using his ult first is that many times, the enemies will scatter and retreat and heal, rather than engage at 75% health. Many people think of his ult as the ultimate killsteal, but the simple fact is that karthus's ult is mainly used as cleanup rather than a steal. You should focus on using his ult on people that your team can't finish (ie: ezreal arcane shifts over a wall, making it impossible for your team to finish him). Karthus's main damage comes from lay waste and defile. With enough money, karthus can easily become a hard carry, killing full health enemies in seconds with Q and E, and using an ult that depletes half the enemies health.

I personally play a more durable karthus, using leviathan, mejai, and rylai to give me plenty of health. This allows me to survive enemy focus fire as I still deal large damage, in addition to aoe slows, forcing enemies to target me, allowing our dps to do their job. Walking around with defile in the midst of a fight will guarantee assists for my snowball items. Karthus is best as a large threat/distraction till you get enough AP to melt people.

Also, the safest time to ult is while dead or far away from enemies