Kayle early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zi0nized

07-25-2010

Realistically ( and I haven't played competitive but I figure it's not THAT MUCH different on this particular case ) , using E is MUCH MORE efficient than Q for harassment. You have 10 seconds of ranged abilities that does splash damage, which is AWESOME. I haven't looked at the actual number but 2 shots of E for 1 Q sounds about right, probably even less!

As far as I am concerned, I will only EVER use Q when I'm moving in for the kill or want to remind my opponents that I am not afraid to pull the trigger here and there ( like before going to town for get items ). Q is an awesome tool really, it's just not mana efficient enough to use at the beginning of the game. E costs less mana and gets you some creep kills at the same time as harassing both your opponent.

With E and Q between level 2-8 , whenever your opponent has 30-40 % health and gives you just a TAD BIT too much ground, you can easily move in for a kill if you coord with your mate.

Quotheraven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1c1d3 View Post
Some of you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't asking what to get first.

When an enemy champ gets in range I hit them with Q. This may be mana inefficient. How many E shots equal a Q shot?

Edit: 2-4 shots of E will do as much damage as Q. So best bet I think is to rank up Q as fast as possible but it's not worth the mana to use it early because of the low rank damage unless:

You are slowing for a gank.
Need a burst of damage to finish a champ off.
Using it to up your damage on a target. Better have the mana for it.

Am I on the right path here?
I've got to disagree completely with you here. Your Q costs a lot of mana and does sub-par damage compared to other "nuke" abilities. Most importantly maxing your Q out first kills your intial $ farm. Maxing E first will give you very intimidating damage, especially with the Q buff and most importantly last-hitting becomes ridiculously easy. The better you can farm, the more gold you will make and the more effective and dangerous the QE combo will become, your E being the lead damage.

Omn1c1d3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quotheraven View Post
I've got to disagree completely with you here. Your Q costs a lot of mana and does sub-par damage compared to other "nuke" abilities. Most importantly maxing your Q out first kills your intial $ farm. Maxing E first will give you very intimidating damage, especially with the Q buff and most importantly last-hitting becomes ridiculously easy. The better you can farm, the more gold you will make and the more effective and dangerous the QE combo will become, your E being the lead damage.
Look at Q rank 1 to rank 2. Rank 2 to rank 3. Etc. A lot of damage between ranks.

Look at E rank 1 to rank 2. etc. Little damage between ranks.

E doesn't get its damage by rank. It gets damage from items and champ level. Only real reason you get ranks is for lower cooldown. If you using much more than rank 1 cool down early game you won't have the mana to do anything else.

Q gives more damage and a stronger debuff. So Q even makes E stronger.

pIague

07-25-2010

I've been playing kayle in ranked games, and I think it honestly depends on what you are up against. In certain situations, q is awesome for an early gank or to coax the enemy into being a bit less agressive. Both are viable level 1, if you have teamate with a slow already, you can start with e. If your teamate wants to gank, and has no slow, its necessary to go q. Just use your best judgment.

However, e also has really good farming ability, and tower defending. BUT I think when you really master kayle, you use them both accordingly, popping a q on an enemy(regardless of level, use the debuffs and dmg) and then hit e and unload. They will try to scurry away pretty fast ;p