Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kayle early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zi0nized

07-25-2010

Realistically ( and I haven't played competitive but I figure it's not THAT MUCH different on this particular case ) , using E is MUCH MORE efficient than Q for harassment. You have 10 seconds of ranged abilities that does splash damage, which is AWESOME. I haven't looked at the actual number but 2 shots of E for 1 Q sounds about right, probably even less!

As far as I am concerned, I will only EVER use Q when I'm moving in for the kill or want to remind my opponents that I am not afraid to pull the trigger here and there ( like before going to town for get items ). Q is an awesome tool really, it's just not mana efficient enough to use at the beginning of the game. E costs less mana and gets you some creep kills at the same time as harassing both your opponent.

With E and Q between level 2-8 , whenever your opponent has 30-40 % health and gives you just a TAD BIT too much ground, you can easily move in for a kill if you coord with your mate.

Quotheraven

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Quote:
Omn1c1d3:
Some of you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't asking what to get first.

When an enemy champ gets in range I hit them with Q. This may be mana inefficient. How many E shots equal a Q shot?

Edit: 2-4 shots of E will do as much damage as Q. So best bet I think is to rank up Q as fast as possible but it's not worth the mana to use it early because of the low rank damage unless:

You are slowing for a gank.
Need a burst of damage to finish a champ off.
Using it to up your damage on a target. Better have the mana for it.

Am I on the right path here?

I've got to disagree completely with you here. Your Q costs a lot of mana and does sub-par damage compared to other "nuke" abilities. Most importantly maxing your Q out first kills your intial $ farm. Maxing E first will give you very intimidating damage, especially with the Q buff and most importantly last-hitting becomes ridiculously easy. The better you can farm, the more gold you will make and the more effective and dangerous the QE combo will become, your E being the lead damage.

Omn1c1d3

07-25-2010

Quote:
Quotheraven:
I've got to disagree completely with you here. Your Q costs a lot of mana and does sub-par damage compared to other "nuke" abilities. Most importantly maxing your Q out first kills your intial $ farm. Maxing E first will give you very intimidating damage, especially with the Q buff and most importantly last-hitting becomes ridiculously easy. The better you can farm, the more gold you will make and the more effective and dangerous the QE combo will become, your E being the lead damage.

Look at Q rank 1 to rank 2. Rank 2 to rank 3. Etc. A lot of damage between ranks.

Look at E rank 1 to rank 2. etc. Little damage between ranks.

E doesn't get its damage by rank. It gets damage from items and champ level. Only real reason you get ranks is for lower cooldown. If you using much more than rank 1 cool down early game you won't have the mana to do anything else.

Q gives more damage and a stronger debuff. So Q even makes E stronger.

pIague

07-25-2010

I've been playing kayle in ranked games, and I think it honestly depends on what you are up against. In certain situations, q is awesome for an early gank or to coax the enemy into being a bit less agressive. Both are viable level 1, if you have teamate with a slow already, you can start with e. If your teamate wants to gank, and has no slow, its necessary to go q. Just use your best judgment.

However, e also has really good farming ability, and tower defending. BUT I think when you really master kayle, you use them both accordingly, popping a q on an enemy(regardless of level, use the debuffs and dmg) and then hit e and unload. They will try to scurry away pretty fast ;p