Kayle early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omn1c1d3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

You harass with Q or E?

Been using Q but wondering if using the cheaper E would be more effective.

Soiyeruda

07-25-2010

Personally, I go Q>E>W for my first three levels.

Q is better for support due to the slow, while E allows her to launch a few strikes from a deceptive distance.

Personally, I just wait until level 2 to get both so I can use them together. Kayle is incredibly mana efficient, so it's not much of a burden on your MP when you abuse your moves.

ZeroDivision

07-25-2010

It depends on both yours and their team composition. If your team doesn't have much CC or if the other team has a lot of movement speed and non hard-escape mechanisms get Q, otherwise get E. I personally play her as more of a support with the ability to drop towers, so I pump her W up first. This works well for me considering the rest of my team tends to play heavy melee damage (Trynd, Jax, and the like).

soupdelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn1c1d3 View Post
You harass with Q or E?

Been using Q but wondering if using the cheaper E would be more effective.
E W Q Q R Q... in a 2v2 or a 2v1...

E W E Q R E or E W E W R E... in a 1v2...

Damage per exchange is higher when you level Q because exchanges are pokes back and forth, never extended battles where you would get more damage out of leveling E first. Q is a better harassment tool except at first level having an E can stave off a early attempt by the enemy for a kill.

In a 1v2 situation you're just tower hugging and farming so having more E is better, lower cooldowns on your ranged autoattack.

Zi0nized

07-25-2010

I use E . Then depending who I am facing I will go for W or Q then maybe complete the other one after at level 3.

Fancy Foxy

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Really depends on who i am facing. If i am facing an extremely agressive opponents i lvl W and E first and only get one point into Q for the slow. Cause u can still get your minion kills/XP and support you and your lane buddy with a halfway decent heal. Other than that i Maximise Q first so i can go boom and make them think twice about farming minions

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

07-25-2010

Always start With E and a dorans ring for the added damage, if you want to get another AP item instead or an AD it could be fine but you kind of need the mana regen and the hit points is such an added boost

i'm sure it was said above, but with E at level one you can generally deny your enemy gold at the first creep wave, which is pretty awesome, you can keep it up every time they move in for a last hit, you can make gold yourself with it, it has so many different uses when you are level one, more useful than Q or W by far

after level one, i usually pick up Q or W depending on me and my team mates health

any other questions?

Puzzl3

07-25-2010

I use Kayle alot and I start off with Q then I max E first throughout the game before Q. When harrassing I'm usually in a 2v2 siutation cause this account I made was to play with my friends who just started. So most of the time I will harrass depending if we need a slow so the can get some shots in or just regular hits. Most of the time I harrass with E but I really dont think it really matters cause if u get shots off without getting hit, it's doing damage therefore harrassing the other player. lol

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

07-25-2010

ya but trust in me, E is better at level one than Q, for all the reasons i listed

Omn1c1d3

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
Always start With E and a dorans ring for the added damage, if you want to get another AP item instead or an AD it could be fine but you kind of need the mana regen and the hit points is such an added boost

i'm sure it was said above, but with E at level one you can generally deny your enemy gold at the first creep wave, which is pretty awesome, you can keep it up every time they move in for a last hit, you can make gold yourself with it, it has so many different uses when you are level one, more useful than Q or W by far

after level one, i usually pick up Q or W depending on me and my team mates health

any other questions?
Some of you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't asking what to get first.

When an enemy champ gets in range I hit them with Q. This may be mana inefficient. How many E shots equal a Q shot?

Edit: 2-4 shots of E will do as much damage as Q. So best bet I think is to rank up Q as fast as possible but it's not worth the mana to use it early because of the low rank damage unless:

You are slowing for a gank.
Need a burst of damage to finish a champ off.
Using it to up your damage on a target. Better have the mana for it.

Am I on the right path here?