Gragas Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke The Pasta

07-25-2010

What is his AP ratio? How do you build this guy effectively?

Duke The Pasta

07-25-2010

can he rack up kills or is he always support/tank

Eppa

07-25-2010

Barrel Roll 0.9
Body Slam 0.5
Explosive Cask 1.0

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=15812

I think he should go tank and not go ap although it is decent. I go smite/ghost and jungle since gragas is an amazing ganker. levelling R>E>W>Q

Duke The Pasta

07-25-2010

what runes do you use?

Eppa

07-25-2010

I use Arpen reds, flat armor Yellows, Manaregen/5@18 and Flat hp quints.

Jonny Bel

07-25-2010

I always give him an AP build and I think he is excellent. His abilities scale extremely well and I end up doing about 700-800 damage with each normal barrel.

I start with a Ruby, build it into a Catalyst, then get normal Boots, finish Rod of Ages and get Sorcerers Shoes, then get Mejais, Zhonya's, Rylai's, Void Staff, you know, everything that gives him plenty of AP. He also becomes very tough to kill, especially a while after you got your RoA and Rylai's and if you decide to get a Guardians after Zhonya's, which I do in more challenging matches.
If you master his barrels, including his ult, he gets plenty of kills.
Just three matches ago I did a 21-2-12 score with this build.
I still have just a few runes, as I'm still building my rune book, but I'm giving gim Magic Pen and AP runes.

Also, presently, most are outdated since he was buffed, he scales better with AP and his body slam ability also benefits from AP - try out for yourself.

togarda

07-25-2010

When I use him I usually use him as a soft-tank/support. My core item is innervating locket (although I haven't played him since the 50% reduction for allies) because it synergizes well with his passive and drunken rage. Then I build items like Soul Shroud, Mercury treads, Rod of Ages and similar items. One pure tank item such as Randuins Omen is also beneficial.

It works well but you should tell your team you're tanking beforehand so they don't think you're going pure mage.

Scutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Well ive played a couple games with gragas and although he is isn't my main (I haven't found who i want to main with yet) I like to play him a AD Gragas. He becomes pretty bulky and his Drunken Rage ability keeps him from dying alot and gives him tons of extra damage to dish out. While as AD you will be using your body slam more than barrel roll and will only level "W" and "E" with only one point in barrel roll to harass.

Duke The Pasta

07-25-2010

Why doesn't anyone play him?

SoFFacet

07-25-2010

Gragas has good AP ratios, a tank stance, and even a steroid which means he can be played many different ways. I prefer Tank/AD because its what I know and because the Q barrels are annoyingly slow and don't always detonate when I tell them to. Almost regardless of build choice your main job is to stand in front soaking damage while controlling movement and positioning through Body Slam and your ult.