Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nautilus Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LexBarron

02-16-2012

holy ****in early game nerf on soraka! -_- ****it! why the hell would anyone think that made sense?

BeastBox

02-16-2012

Okay, after playing a few practice games, Sona is just painful now. I might as well not even be there until I've hit level 5 or 6, and that kind of weak early game is going to give the opposing team an early leg up in XP and gold over my laning buddy, since he's essentially soloing bottom lane until I get my ult. Yeah, she's not nerfed late game, but what kind of shape are our respective teams going to be in going into that late game?

Would love to know the thinking here. I can appreciate the idea of getting Sona to "spec" into certain auras early-game in theory, but this is neither effective nor fun in practice. Can anyone explain to me how Sona was any kind of powerhouse early game compared to other champions? My effectiveness with Sona seems to pretty much revolve around whether I have good synergy with my lane buddy. And after the nerf, it makes me feel like my carry is supporting *me*.

Either balance her properly (yes, I'm a professional video game developer; I realize how hard it is to balance gameplay sometimes ), or make more supports so we have more choices who to take.

(also unhappy about the Rammus nerf but at least he's still playable)

SugarFrosting

02-16-2012

I've seen shen played a lot more and it's great, I don't personally play him, I think what riot did for him was perfect, you can't just ignore him because "it's just shen" which is how it should be, very balanced and certainly not OP unless you're comparing him to old shen or the fact he's even playable now, and that's just because he was weak as before. He's a threat, and will really influence the game, like every champ should.

xTheMoonx

Recruiter

02-16-2012

ryze didnt need a nurf. people are always razzin me for playing him cause hes so weak and no one plays him...why nurf?

SpaceDev

02-16-2012

Very Agree @BeastBox, Patch preview by Morello said that sona's Power chord is untouched,
but then.... Riot... <.<

Quote:

Quote:
I might as well not even be there until I've hit level 5 or 6, and that kind of weak early game is going to give the opposing team an early leg up in XP and gold over my laning buddy

Here: at sona lvl 1 & 4

-before nerf (double power chord 14+9x level):
14+9x1 = 23x2 = 46 Dmg-> lvl 1
14+9x4 = 50x2 = 100 Dmg-> lvl 4

-after nerf (double power chord 10 flat per level)
10x1 = 10x2 = 20 Dmg -> lvl 1
10x4 = 40x2 = 80 Dmg-> lvl 4

-LvL 18 (u can say it's at par or very slightly better)
14+9x18 = 176x2 = 352
10x 18 = 180x2 = 360

Problem is 8 AD at late game for Sona isn't a big deal, while 46 vs 20 damage at lvl 1 is a big deal. To conclude, sona suffers at early level harrasing ability after the change. (This is without calculating aura nerf at early levels.) For those who think this only impact AD sona, ur wrong, some players play sona aggressively at early games, and this does makes a bad impact.

Vertany

02-17-2012

Does Riot nerfing Supports that hard mean that the next Champion Release will be the long-awaited Support and they nerf everyone else so that people will buy the new one?

I can only hope so...

DWÀRF

Recruiter

02-17-2012

Buff Heimer Plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ipkandskill

02-18-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4bp56hvejc&context=C366f17eADOEgsToPDskK2J1XzoG-Nun6fMwm31dyO

XemnasX

02-18-2012

Vadimir nerfs wasn´t necesary...

Hratis Arai

02-18-2012

Riot still doing unnecessary things? What else is new?

Shen buffs?! ****ing Finally! Now I can use my favorite tank again.

Nerf..nerf...nerf...nerf...nerf... yeah, how about you stop phasing out Critical Strike before you make the second biggest mistake of your company life. R.I.P. Dodge.