AP Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mcnos

07-25-2010

I was trying out this build and items.
But I can't see what makes this comparable to a DPS Crit Teemo.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...eemo-guide-118

Please enlighten me about the AP Teemo, is it any good? The Blinding dart, mushroom, and poison are effected by AP but is it even enough to kill someone?

ENLIGHTEN ME.

IS156133c1cc400f6a20029

07-25-2010

you play teemo?
on serious note:
AP teemo is good, and effective if PLAYED WELL.
900 dmg blinding dart + 200 dmg toxic is op.
Mushroom two shoots squishies hero
but crit/dps is as good

Ebonclaw

07-25-2010

I'm not going to read 20 pages of blahblah to tell you whether or not that build is any good.

A good hybrid build is strong 1v1, provides excellent support through stronger, more numerous mushrooms, and still puts out a respectable damage stream during team fights.

When I play hybrid build Teemo, I often end up rather well fed in fact, as between the strong DOT and good mushroom use, I get a LOT of kills that had otherwise gotten away - it's what a Crit Teemo gives up for straight out face to face DPS.

Mcnos

07-25-2010

I play Teemo cause hes fun to play as. Aswell fast as ****.

Well, When I was playing a practice match, I never made it to 900dmg on champs, like 400 at most. With the AP items in that build.

IS156133c1cc400f6a20029

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnos View Post
I play Teemo cause hes fun to play as. Aswell fast as ****.

Well, When I was playing a practice match, I never made it to 900dmg on champs, like 400 at most. With the AP items in that build.
if your SUPERMEGAFED. yup 900 dmg can be possible
+ lichbane

Mcnos

07-25-2010

Well yeah if I'm megafed, but I can't just count on having someone who doesn't know what they're doing to walk in the game.

And I didn't expect for u to read the whole thing, just probably the items.

On the reals, Is AP Teemo better than DPS?

Nitebane

07-25-2010

I don't really think so because AP Teemo brings so little to the team. I use dart to take out the enemy dps or to hit runners. I use shrooms as wards in bushes and to create escape lanes or cover enemy escape lanes. It's damage is still good enough to get many kills from it and the slow helps champs run away.

I build doran's blade, tabi or merc, starks, trinity as the core and fill the last 2 spots with whatever the situation calls for.

Sharkpower

07-25-2010

Don't think full AP is that good, however getting some AP from items like Guinsoo's/Nashor's/DFG isn't too bad, as they have other stats that are helpful to Teemo.

Nitebane

07-25-2010

That's why trinity is where it's at. Every component and every buff trinity gives you is something that teemo really wants.

Temlam

07-25-2010

full ap is awesome. Honestly hybrid items aren't. Sometimes I'll get a nashors just because it has such awesome cooldown reduction.
A key point to being ap teemo, you need a mejais.
It's really the best item because you do your job well almost every kill in the game will yield you an assist.

AD teemo uses slowing crappy damage mushrooms that help with his single target burst, and as small wards and such. He kills by using massive lifesteal. This is nice.

AP teemo does a lot of damage to everyone, someone runs away from a fight at 30% health and hits your mushroom they die. IF you play your cards right and I've done ti a couple times, by randomly going around you can secure a lot of early game kills by putting a mushroom in the right place inside a turret for a diver. End game, you can place like 6 mushrooms in what I consider to be a nice starburst pattern inside of a turret and do the damage of a tibbers drop while slowing any retreat. And killing any squishy.

Blinding dart HURTS. Teemo shuts down a melee carry with blinding dart, you shut him down and take out a quarter of his health and with the poison after effect reduce him to around half.

Then if he runs into a double mushroom patch goodbye.

AP teemo has 1 real issue, he's shut down HARD by oracles and wards.
Not a soft shut down, like completely shut down.

The truth of it is to me that AP teemo is better simply because he is more FUN to play.