Top 10 Mid Laners (Discussion)

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VitigamTheSlayer

02-13-2012

Ok, I wanted to make a list of top 10 mid laning champions. Anyone who wants to post, put your champs ranked from 1 - 10.

Here are few suggestions, but in no order:
Kassadin
Cassiopia
Kogmow
Kennen
Malzahar
Morgana
Lux
Anivia
Ashe
Ziigs
Ahri
Mordekaiser

Spiral Shark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2012

I'd def put Kass up there because his job is to crush the others. LeBlanc, in her own way fills that role too, and with both if the other team sticks to the meta it's pretty clutch. I would actually say to remove Ashe, she's not that strong compared to other ad mid champs like cait or graves. Other than that.....

Folly Inc

02-13-2012

Ashe is better than Graves because he lacks solid CC.

Kass is a good mid denial choice, along with Galio and Ahri.

Cassiopeia is a strong Mid Carry, along with Morg, Lux, Anicia and Ziggs

I would question Malzahar as he's countyered by quicksilver sash, Kennen because her use late game isn't too great and Kas/galio/Ahri are much better at fitting assassin or denial roles.

Mordekaiser is a strange mid champ. I don't find his ganks particularly effective and he otherwise pushes his lane consistently. He's hard as balls to gank though, So I just dunno how i feel about him.

Post Edit

So i guess my readings would look something like this.

Kass 8
Cass 9
Kog 7
Ken 5
Mal 5
Morg 8
Lux 7
Aniv 9
Ashe 7
Ziggs 9
Ahri 8
Morde ???

Sokolniki

02-13-2012

I'd put Morg, Anivia, Ziggs and Kass at the top of my list. Morg and Anivia can push a lane and have solid ganks, but because Anivia is quite blue dependent and lacks natural sustain, I'd put Morg over her. I've not seen Cass's often enough to get a real opinion of her, and while Le Blanc is a strong counter to many solo mids, she gets crushed by a mere early game playstyle shift. Kass is also a strong counter to many mids, but a shift in the opposing laner's style doesn't hurt him nearly as much... especially post 6. Morde is a strong mid laner due to his crazy sustain and his ability to push hard enough to get plenty of time to gank, but his ganks are supbar... but still it's hard to hold the mid tower against an aggressive Morde. Ziggs tends to dominate the lane, is crazy hard to gank with his mines and satchel charge, can clear creeps hella fast to push the lane if he so desires, and he's got decent gank potential with his kit.

1. Morg
2. Ziggs
3. Kassadin
4. Anivia
5. Ahri
6. Swain
7. Lux
8. Mordekaiser
9. Caitlin
10. Kog'Maw

Again, I've not seen Cass enough to form a real opinion on her as a solo mid champ.

Lord Dunkmaster

02-13-2012

This list fails. You are all forgetting Gragas, and two of you left out Cassiopeia.

PurpleMayo

02-14-2012

Ryze wants to know if you have heard about him?

eXTechno

02-14-2012

No 1 likes Xerath?

LancerXXX

02-14-2012

Always refer to Reginald for AP 'carries'.

I believe that's something like:
Cassiopeia
Morgana
Brand
Sion
Everybody else.

Or something like that. Of course there's the counterpicks like LeBlanc and Kassadin, Karthus is strong if you are awesome/your opponents are...bad, Kennen is strong in a sustain war or against Cassiopeia etc. where you need to farm from really far away and poke

Powerstoned

02-14-2012

Brand
Cass
Gragas
Swain
Morg
Lux
Ahri
Anivia
Kass
Ziggs

Devious Rogue

02-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitigamTheSlayer View Post
Ok, I wanted to make a list of top 10 mid laning champions. Anyone who wants to post, put your champs ranked from 1 - 10.

Here are few suggestions, but in no order:
Kassadin
Cassiopia
Kogmow
Kennen
Malzahar
Morgana
Lux
Anivia
Ashe
Ziigs
Ahri
Mordekaiser
Everyone in there has a strong points as mid, either through strong Poking, strong sustained damage or string sustain. The only one who might not belong there is Ashe. Hell forbid if you're a squishy and get caught in the vicious slow cycle with the threat of the stun looming overhead. However, as long as you stay out of range, you can probably safely kite her.

12345 ... 7