Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Ashe

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
You're missing the point of my words, Frost Archer. A weapon is nothing without its master, but a master can still be a warrior without a weapon. My point is that while my weapon is indeed great, I do not rely on it alone to accomplish my goals. Even shattered, I hone the edge each day before I go to battle on the fields. I've sharpened it again and again, each time thinking of the thoughts and desires that guide me through each new fight. Do not misunderstand me, Frost Archer. I care for my blade. It has always followed my commands earnestly. However, I do not rely only upon it.

Question my methods or my beliefs all you wish, Frost Archer. I don't have to prove myself to you, or gain your favor in my endeavors. Even without my blade in its full glory, I am a force to be reckoned with, so much so that the League only permits its use for a short time to maintain their ideas of fairness in combat. I am simply myself, and no one else. My blade makes my inner strength manifest in a real, physical sense.

However, if you doubt my capabilities so much in any regard, the League has a Sparring Ground where I would be happy to defend my honor, my resolve, and my skill, even as you seek to discredit it.
Did I say you must solely rely on your weapon? If that was what you thought I was implying, then forgive me. I simply said you should not treat your weapon the way you did because it has always fought by your side. I suppose I did say that who else can you rely on but your weapon, but that was probably misconstrued. Your weapon is, in essence, your spirit and all in which you put your faith in when you fight. When you fight, you trust it not to turn on you and you trust it not to fail you. That is what I meant by rely.

Well, you do seem to have taken my words to heart it seemed, despite everything.

Though I think you should read what I wrote a little more carefully (honestly, it seems as if no one is capable of doing that... apparently, not even I). I said that I did not doubt your capabilities. I do not doubt your skill and I do not doubt whatever else you listed. I will not fight you just to soothe your pride, but if you are so insistent, then I shall do what I must.

Nwol

08-05-2012

Riven,

Have you practiced other forms of combat? If so, what others do you prefer?

Additionally, while it is not my place to step into this ideology I am appalled My Queen would seek out and provoke Riven. Are you feeling well?

-Tekun Valos

Midnight Firefox

08-05-2012

Pleeease~

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ashe View Post
Did I say you must solely rely on your weapon? If that was what you thought I was implying, then forgive me. I simply said you should not treat your weapon the way you did because it has always fought by your side. I suppose I did say that who else can you rely on but your weapon, but that was probably misconstrued. Your weapon is, in essence, your spirit and all in which you put your faith in when you fight. When you fight, you trust it not to turn on you and you trust it not to fail you. That is what I meant by rely.

Well, you do seem to have taken my words to heart it seemed, despite everything.

Though I think you should read what I wrote a little more carefully (honestly, it seems as if no one is capable of doing that... apparently, not even I). I said that I did not doubt your capabilities. I do not doubt your skill and I do not doubt whatever else you listed. I will not fight you just to soothe your pride, but if you are so insistent, then I shall do what I must.
Pride? No... The next time we meet on the fields I'll prove myself to you. Then I'll remove any lingering doubts you might still have about me, Frost Archer. That's all I feel is needed for the rest of this conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
Riven,

Have you practiced other forms of combat? If so, what others do you prefer?

Additionally, while it is not my place to step into this ideology I am appalled My Queen would seek out and provoke Riven. Are you feeling well?

-Tekun Valos
In Noxus, we're all training in various forms of combat. Hand to hand, as well as other weapons. I merely favored the blade, and no other methods seemed as attractive to me as that.

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Firefox View Post
Pleeease~
No.

Midnight Firefox

08-05-2012

Don't you trust me, Riven~?

I think you need to step out of your social shell.

Nwol

08-05-2012

I believe she needs to attempt it but I don't think allowing you to play with her hair is the best way to accomplish this.

- Tekun Valos

Swore

08-05-2012

Hello again, Riven. Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry you didn't know what I was talking about. Another question, is white your natural hair color? I hope not to offend you, if this an upsetting question. Thank you again.

As for xUnervedx yes I have beat both FFXIII games so far. I can't wait for part 3 (I hope that's not a spoiler).

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Firefox View Post
Don't you trust me, Riven~?

I think you need to step out of your social shell.
I know your game, Fox. Regardless, I don't particularly enjoy physical contact with anyone. Just, I feel especially uncomfortable with your proposition.

Ask Riven

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swore 2 View Post
Hello again, Riven. Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry you didn't know what I was talking about. Another question, is white your natural hair color? I hope not to offend you, if this an upsetting question. Thank you again.

As for xUnervedx yes I have beat both FFXIII games so far. I can't wait for part 3 (I hope that's not a spoiler).
My hair has always been this color. I know it is rare, but it's been this way as long as I can remember.