Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denovean

Member

08-04-2012

Riven.
My name is Valerios Denovean, and I'm the chief executive and psychologist of the Platinum Insigina, an independant health care institution that is specialized in psychological and physical treatment of war veterans and victims situated near Piltover. I've been insisted by my co-workers to ask you, considering your background, from professional curiosity. Have you ever suffered from any mental disorders or traumas? Even Intoxication? I apologize in advance for being so straight with asking such a delicate matter, you probably know you dont have to answer if it's too inconvinient, since its only out of curiosity from me and my fellow professionals.

You've been exposed to Singeds' chemical barrage and survived during the Ionia Noxian Invasion. And had witinessed an extremely traumatic experience then immediately forced yourself into a solitary exile(correct me if i'm wrong), which from our experience and studies would aggravate any type of disturbances, the unchecked seclusion that is.

I'll be straight with you.

Have you ever suffered from Ptsd? i.e. Insomnia, recurring nightmares or maybe even violent outbursts? Depression?
We're you ever afflicted by uncommon skin burns or maybe nausea or vomiting? Any dizziness and disorientation?
How you've been able to keep your sanity alive in solitude after all the events that would easily break most soldiers?

You've intrigued our medical practicians with your case. And again, I apologize if its a question out of your approval. Thank you for your time.

-Valerius Denovean


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swore 2 View Post
Hello, Riven. I'm Swore. Let me say you are by far my most favorite champion. After reading your story and summoning you quite often, I decided to ask you something. Since I played Final Fantasy XIII, I realized that you and Lighting are very similar characters. Would you say that is true? (Take time to research if you'd like.)
I...don't really know what you're talking about. You Summoners do some strange things in your free time. Regardless, I suppose that it is possible there might be other people similar to myself out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovean View Post
Riven.
My name is Valerios Denovean, and I'm the chief executive and psychologist of the Platinum Insigina, an independant health care institution that is specialized in psychological and physical treatment of war veterans and victims situated near Piltover. I've been insisted by my co-workers to ask you, considering your background, from professional curiosity. Have you ever suffered from any mental disorders or traumas? Even Intoxication? I apologize in advance for being so straight with asking such a delicate matter, you probably know you dont have to answer if it's too inconvinient, since its only out of curiosity from me and my fellow professionals.

You've been exposed to Singeds' chemical barrage and survived during the Ionia Noxian Invasion. And had witinessed an extremely traumatic experience then immediately forced yourself into a solitary exile(correct me if i'm wrong), which from our experience and studies would aggravate any type of disturbances, the unchecked seclusion that is.

I'll be straight with you.

Have you ever suffered from Ptsd? i.e. Insomnia, recurring nightmares or maybe even violent outbursts? Depression?
We're you ever afflicted by uncommon skin burns or maybe nausea or vomiting? Any dizziness and disorientation?
How you've been able to keep your sanity alive in solitude after all the events that would easily break most soldiers?

You've intrigued our medical practicians with your case. And again, I apologize if its a question out of your approval. Thank you for your time.

-Valerius Denovean
You'll understand if I don't feel comfortable discussing such things openly. However, the things I have seen have effected me greatly, and still do... But, as you took a large amount of time to create your inquiry, I feel I owe you something, at least...

To your first question, the things I saw haunt me more than any other. Nightmares, trouble sleeping...they're common for me. I had a few burns after the battle, but they've since healed. Well, most of them. A few of them left scarring, visible as white patches of skin... My sanity, I suppose, has been kept by determination and willpower, and belief that what I'm doing is both the right thing to do, and that it must be done.

I hope that is enough for you, Mister Denovean.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Ashe

Member

08-04-2012

Why didn't you go for that blade warranty? Did you think you could fix your weapon yourself?

If anything, a weapon is an extension of yourself. You should not have destroyed it, regardless of the past you strove to ignore and forget.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ashe View Post
Why didn't you go for that blade warranty? Did you think you could fix your weapon yourself?

If anything, a weapon is an extension of yourself. You should not have destroyed it, regardless of the past you strove to ignore and forget.
Perhaps you should wear your white clothing of victory, Frost Archer. Or, does it remind you of the painful loss of your tribe at the hands of the Vortex due to your leadership?

There are some memories that simply haunt us, and change us as people. My sword, as it was, reminded me of everything that I had done, and what Noxus truly was at that time. My decision to shatter my blade was done with the intention that I would make Noxus right, and atone for the lives that I took following such flawed ideals. So, that when I reforged my blade, rebuilt it with my own strength, that I knew I could reforge Noxus as well with my own hands.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Ashe

Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Perhaps you should wear your white clothing of victory, Frost Archer. Or, does it remind you of the painful loss of your tribe at the hands of the Vortex due to your leadership?

There are some memories that simply haunt us, and change us as people. My sword, as it was, reminded me of everything that I had done, and what Noxus truly was at that time. My decision to shatter my blade was done with the intention that I would make Noxus right, and atone for the lives that I took following such flawed ideals. So, that when I reforged my blade, rebuilt it with my own strength, that I knew I could reforge Noxus as well with my own hands.
I did not say that one must always ignore the pains of our past - but a weapon holds far more value than what we dress ourselves in. We live and breathe through our strength, and the strength you share is what you must value. Had I destroyed my bow after the ambush, then I would have no right to say what I did. But I did not, because despite what I lost, my bow is still my comfort. It is my friend and my ally, and who can you trust if you cannot even trust your partner in battle?

To shatter your blade to 'teach Noxus a lesson' did not go as planned, did it? Why does that city care if you do what you did to your sword. You of all people should know that Noxus steps on the shoulders of the lowest, just to climb into the arms of the highest to perch on their heads like vultures at a corpse party. You believe you can restore innocence to such corruption simply by tending to the friend you destroyed?

I admire your fire and dedication, Noxian, but I cannot agree to your methods if it involves the sacrifice of that which you should put your faith in the most if even your people have abandoned you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ashe View Post
I did not say that one must always ignore the pains of our past - but a weapon holds far more value than what we dress ourselves in. We live and breathe through our strength, and the strength you share is what you must value. Had I destroyed my bow after the ambush, then I would have no right to say what I did. But I did not, because despite what I lost, my bow is still my comfort. It is my friend and my ally, and who can you trust if you cannot even trust your partner in battle?

To shatter your blade to 'teach Noxus a lesson' did not go as planned, did it? Why does that city care if you do what you did to your sword. You of all people should know that Noxus steps on the shoulders of the lowest, just to climb into the arms of the highest to perch on their heads like vultures at a corpse party. You believe you can restore innocence to such corruption simply by tending to the friend you destroyed?

I admire your fire and dedication, Noxian, but I cannot agree to your methods if it involves the sacrifice of that which you should put your faith in the most if even your people have abandoned you.
You honestly think I place my faith in my blade so much? You think I shattered my blade to "teach my homeland a lesson?" My power comes from within me, NOT my blade. My will calls forth the shards and forges them into a new weapon, born from my determination and strength, each time. Even if my weapon was completely destroyed, I would continue to fight with all that I am for my goals.

You're foolish, Frost Archer, if you believe that I would place my faith in something so fragile as a weapon, even a powerful one. I don't even place my faith in most other people. The things I've seen have shown me that the only thing I can count on in any situation is myself. My weapon may not be whole, but if you ever question the strength of my ideals or my skills, face me someday on the fields, and you'll know the might of my determination.

As I have been known to say, Frost Archer, a broken blade is more than enough.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Ashe

Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
You honestly think I place my faith in my blade so much? You think I shattered my blade to "teach my homeland a lesson?" My power comes from within me, NOT my blade. My will calls forth the shards and forges them into a new weapon, born from my determination and strength, each time. Even if my weapon was completely destroyed, I would continue to fight with all that I am for my goals.

You're foolish, Frost Archer, if you believe that I would place my faith in something so fragile as a weapon, even a powerful one. I don't even place my faith in most other people. The things I've seen have shown me that the only thing I can count on in any situation is myself. My weapon may not be whole, but if you ever question the strength of my ideals or my skills, face me someday on the fields, and you'll know the might of my determination.

As I have been known to say, Frost Archer, a broken blade is more than enough.
If I did think you placed the amount of faith in your weapon as I do in mine, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. I am simply saying that you should extend the same respect to it, as it has done in all the years it has served you. Your power may come from inside, but your blade manifests that power. If you really wish to make a point, then put aside your sword and fight using only your willpower. Then we will see how strong you really are.

Your weapon is only fragile because that is who you are. What was it you said? "A sword mirrors it's owner"? Indeed, so true. If you believe it to be so weak, then that is who you are on the inside. Broken and incomplete. A naive fool who believes that a weapon is simply a tool to be used and tossed. I do not question your ideals or your skills. I question your methods in which you aim to show your ideals. You wish to face me on the Fields? Come, show me how powerful you really are as yourself without a sword or a weapon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ashe View Post
If I did think you placed the amount of faith in your weapon as I do in mine, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. I am simply saying that you should extend the same respect to it, as it has done in all the years it has served you. Your power may come from inside, but your blade manifests that power. If you really wish to make a point, then put aside your sword and fight using only your willpower. Then we will see how strong you really are.

Your weapon is only fragile because that is who you are. What was it you said? "A sword mirrors it's owner"? Indeed, so true. If you believe it to be so weak, then that is who you are on the inside. Broken and incomplete. A naive fool who believes that a weapon is simply a tool to be used and tossed. I do not question your ideals or your skills. I question your methods in which you aim to show your ideals. You wish to face me on the Fields? Come, show me how powerful you really are as yourself without a sword or a weapon.
You're missing the point of my words, Frost Archer. A weapon is nothing without its master, but a master can still be a warrior without a weapon. My point is that while my weapon is indeed great, I do not rely on it alone to accomplish my goals. Even shattered, I hone the edge each day before I go to battle on the fields. I've sharpened it again and again, each time thinking of the thoughts and desires that guide me through each new fight. Do not misunderstand me, Frost Archer. I care for my blade. It has always followed my commands earnestly. However, I do not rely only upon it.

Question my methods or my beliefs all you wish, Frost Archer. I don't have to prove myself to you, or gain your favor in my endeavors. Even without my blade in its full glory, I am a force to be reckoned with, so much so that the League only permits its use for a short time to maintain their ideas of fairness in combat. I am simply myself, and no one else. My blade makes my inner strength manifest in a real, physical sense.

However, if you doubt my capabilities so much in any regard, the League has a Sparring Ground where I would be happy to defend my honor, my resolve, and my skill, even as you seek to discredit it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Midnight Firefox

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Can I play with your hair, Riven?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Firefox View Post
Can I play with your hair, Riven?
I would rather you didn't...