Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirage Night

08-02-2012

Quote:
Ask Riven:
I've changed my ideals once for the greater good, so I don't think I would hesitate to do so again. Regardless, I still think this is my fight, and only my fight...

As for my "mirror" I don't know... I don't think about such things... I'm sorry.

I have noticed you seem to apologize a lot. In this case, I don't see the need for it. We all think differently even if we may have the same ideals. This is what makes us who we are. If you never thought of something, it wasn't important to you. It should never be something you have to apologize for.

I another hand do apologize for the poke of your ideals. I find that sometimes it gives me a prospective on the person I am dealing with."The mirror" effect if you will. Though in this case I think I went a bit far, so for that I am sorry.

In short, i think you are very much well on your way of becoming something greater then that you yourself may not have realized. I see in you something that could not only bring about a change in both yourself and within Noxus, but it is very possible a change for everyone.

Keep mindful of your roots, but know that the possibilities are infinite. I see a light ahead. A greater calling then just of the mortal realm.

LuckyTripleSeven

08-02-2012

Considering you fought on Ionia, what is your opinion on Ionians?
-Summoner Ahn Sung.

Ask Riven

08-02-2012

Quote:
Mirage Night:
I have noticed you seem to apologize a lot. In this case, I don't see the need for it. We all think differently even if we may have the same ideals. This is what makes us who we are. If you never thought of something, it wasn't important to you. It should never be something you have to apologize for.

I another hand do apologize for the poke of your ideals. I find that sometimes it gives me a prospective on the person I am dealing with."The mirror" effect if you will. Though in this case I think I went a bit far, so for that I am sorry.

In short, i think you are very much well on your way of becoming something greater then that you yourself may not have realized. I see in you something that could not only bring about a change in both yourself and within Noxus, but it is very possible a change for everyone.

Keep mindful of your roots, but know that the possibilities are infinite. I see a light ahead. A greater calling then just of the mortal realm.

I shall keep that in mind.

Quote:
LuckyTripleSeven:
Considering you fought on Ionia, what is your opinion on Ionians?
-Summoner Ahn Sung.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for most of the Ionian Champions, and their people. We were the invaders, and they were merely protecting their homeland... I have no ill will toward them.

AsktheCardmaster

08-02-2012

Quote:
Doing it with others just...didn't feel right, because it was my duty, my hands that were stained...

Ain't this true with all soliders though? Every single guard, miltiaman, or commander has their hands stained. Although Ah wouldn't be suprised if this is a different kind of stain.

Nwol

08-02-2012

Not every war or conflict is the same as the next Fate. It's a complicated matter, I'm speaking from my own Veteran experience. The Ionian and Noxian conflict is much different for those who fought in it. It wasn't so much of a war as it was a massacre and senseless killing.

-Tekun Valos

Ask Riven

08-03-2012

Quote:
AskTheCardmaster:
Ain't this true with all soliders though? Every single guard, miltiaman, or commander has their hands stained. Although Ah wouldn't be suprised if this is a different kind of stain.

I'm afraid this is a different kind of situation, Cardmaster. Something that I don't think you can really grasp from your position...

Quote:
Nwol:
Not every war or conflict is the same as the next Fate. It's a complicated matter, I'm speaking from my own Veteran experience. The Ionian and Noxian conflict is much different for those who fought in it. It wasn't so much of a war as it was a massacre and senseless killing.

-Tekun Valos

Indeed... I had my hand in it, and I hate the things I did. Thus, I'm the only one that can atone for my actions. This is something I must do myself.

Nwol

08-03-2012

During the war, I fought for the Ionian's as a hired hand. I'd fought for Noxus prior to this, during the Rune War conflicts, and my experience told me I was dealing with something that wasn't Noxus. This isn't to recount war stories but if it means anything at all, I forgive you. Whether or not your blade crossed mine.

War does terrible things to people and leaves lasting scars on both ends.

-Tekun Valos

XUnnervedX

08-03-2012

riven, i'm really so sorry,i didnt mean to disrepect you...well you forgive me? i promise i wont ask you anymore questions...its just that i do like disrespect people and dont want them to hate me too,i really care about other people's feelin,i didnt mean to make you feel disgusted..im sorry

Swore

08-04-2012

Hello, Riven. I'm Swore. Let me say you are by far my most favorite champion. After reading your story and summoning you quite often, I decided to ask you something. Since I played Final Fantasy XIII, I realized that you and Lighting are very similar characters. Would you say that is true? (Take time to research if you'd like.)

XUnnervedX

08-04-2012

Quote:
Swore 2:
Hello, Riven. I'm Swore. Let me say you are by far my most favorite champion. After reading your story and summoning you quite often, I decided to ask you something. Since I played Final Fantasy XIII, I realized that you and Lighting are very similar characters. Would you say that is true? (Take time to research if you'd like.)

OMG ****ing god!! i was think about that tooo!!! i though i was only one who thought that way!! guess im not the only one. i know right,she real remind me of lighting,which i dont know why.i think riven is just like lighting tough and independent...having ability controlin her emotions like lighting can,riven said having to deep feelin about someone can harm your self. its just like what lighting told hope estheim.riven and lighting are both amazing!!dude have you play final fantasy 13-2 yet?