Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-22-2012

Dear Miss Riven,

I'm sorry if my, admittedly, awkwardly direct admission of romantic interest and simple respect and admiration embarrassed you. As I'm fairly certain that is the case, I'll do my best to refrain from such things. After all, I doubt anything could come to be between a summoner and his champion. Such is the world in which we live... But enough of my babbling.

This time, I have a question. I understand that your goals are to "fix that which is broken" within Noxus, and to make it a place that you can once again love and respect. This is a grand and noble goal, and it is certainly not a simple path to walk, much less walk alone. You have such a heavy burden to carry on your back, however, let us assume for a moment that you completed your goals.

With your new-found freedom and atonement for past actions, what kind of a life would you want to live? Would you continue to fight in the Noxian military? Would you take on a position of power within Noxus? Or, even, would you desire to settle down, perhaps start a family, and just live the life of a normal young woman, that, from my perspective anyway, seems to have been, in some ways, robbed from you under the burden or your goals?

I hope my question isn't too personal, but I would simply like to get a better understanding of the kind of person you are, Miss Riven. If you find it too personal, feel free not to answer. The last thing I would want to do is offend you.

Sincerely,
"Kaz"

TheRattleCage

02-22-2012

Another question if I may, Riven...
Why do you wear a corset to battle? It would seem to hold you back more than anything. And why do you wear a back-up corset on your leg?

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-22-2012

I think I can answer that for Miss Riven, actually.

What you're seeing is something akin to leather armor that adds protection against strikes without hampering the movement of her shoulders, and would allow her to better wield her blade. The remnant on her leg, I assume, is simply half of what used to be leg armor to protect her thighs.

Miss Riven is certainly not the kind of woman to wear a corset into battle, certainly for the reasons you suggested.

st0pb0t

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Miss Riven is certainly not the kind of woman to wear a corset into battle, certainly for the reasons you suggested.
Are you insinuating that Riven is "flat"?

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-22-2012

That's a very rude and quite incorrect summation of my comment, sir or madam.

Miss Riven is most certainly not "flat-chested", to use the vernacular term, nor did I intend to suggest anything of the sort! Regardless, I am most surely not the person who should be discussing such aspects of Miss Riven's anatomy. It would be very impolite and offensive to Miss Riven for her to be discussed in such a manner.

Women wear corsets to accentuate their feminine curves and to make the bosom appear more prominent. It constricts movement as well as breathing, and can sometimes cause internal problems due to compression of interior organs. Wearing such a torture device into combat makes very little sense indeed. Which is effectively the point I was trying to make.

I very much doubt Miss Riven is the type of woman to be overly concerned with her appearance, which would add more evidence to support she would most certainly NOT have any interest in, or take any action to wear, a corset.

TheRattleCage

02-22-2012

You're very probably right.
I assumed that the only armor she would be wearing would be whats left of her old Noxian armor.
But she might be wearing a bit of her own too.

But as for her not being concentrated on her appearances, I think that she would try to look nice. The way I see her is that she isn't looking for someone. But if someone was looking for her she would more than welcome them. That being said, I don't see her every abandoning her quest even for some significant other. Although that might be terribly optimistic of me, just wishing her happiness and that every joy life has to offer finds her.
But that view of her might only be limited to myself. /shrug.

Ask Riven

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
I'm doubtful your popularity is a great mystery. You take a powerful, attractive woman and give her just enough (perceived) vulnerability to seem approachable and it creates, well... I'm not sure I'd call it the lost puppy effect but the metaphor isn't a terrible one.

As for popularity on the Fields of Justice, that's an even easier question. Large swords wielded by people who knows how to use them rarely ever go out of style in Summoner's Rift. Sometimes the simplest things are the most effective.
(OOC: You're doubting someone who has very limited social skills for wondering why they're suddenly popular? Her entire life has been the military, in which relationships are not allowed, leading to her exile, in which she spent the majority of time alone. Of course she's not going to understand other people.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBG RomeFreak View Post
Dear Riven,
Have you ever found yourself locked into a 1v1 duel against Master Yi? What was the outcome?
I have faced Yi many times, winning or losing. The main factor in the outcome is the amount of items either of us have, but summoner skill also plays a role. However, in a straight battle without any of this, I believe I'd come out on top. Yi is quick with the blade, but he deson't use any form of disruption towards his opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
With your new-found freedom and atonement for past actions, what kind of a life would you want to live? Would you continue to fight in the Noxian military? Would you take on a position of power within Noxus? Or, even, would you desire to settle down, perhaps start a family, and just live the life of a normal young woman, that, from my perspective anyway, seems to have been, in some ways, robbed from you under the burden or your goals?

I hope my question isn't too personal, but I would simply like to get a better understanding of the kind of person you are, Miss Riven. If you find it too personal, feel free not to answer. The last thing I would want to do is offend you.

Sincerely,
"Kaz"
I... have honestly never thought of that. It's a foreign idea to me, but I suppose you're right. I would need to settle down eventually, assuming I've made it that far. I think, though, that I would be required on the High Command in order to keep Noxus on track for as long as I can. That would be my goal at that point. I realize I can only do so much for it in my lifetime (I really don't like the idea of relying on necromancy to live longer), but I want to ensure Noxus' future is a good one.
If, by some chance, I were to meet someone who shared my beliefs and goals, I think I'd like for them to join me (I've been alone for a long time, and while I do enjoy my solitude, sometimes I do like company). But I have yet to meet someone, at least here in the League, who would be willing to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRattleCage View Post
You're very probably right.
I assumed that the only armor she would be wearing would be whats left of her old Noxian armor.
But she might be wearing a bit of her own too.

But as for her not being concentrated on her appearances, I think that she would try to look nice. The way I see her is that she isn't looking for someone. But if someone was looking for her she would more than welcome them. That being said, I don't see her every abandoning her quest even for some significant other. Although that might be terribly optimistic of me, just wishing her happiness and that every joy life has to offer finds her.
But that view of her might only be limited to myself. /shrug.
"Kaz" is, surprisingly, right on all counts on the 'corset' idea (*shudder*). How girls could possibly wear such a thing is beyond me.

As for me not caring about appearances... Well, that's not exactly it. I'm just more focused on function rather than flair. But if something were to look good without impairing me, then I'd easily consider it. The problem lies in that on a battlefield, most people aren't going there to impress, and if they are, they're trying to make up for something. Most trinkets, on the other hand, can only lead to getting in the way at some point.
I think, going back to what "Kaz" suggested earlier, that when I retire from my mission, I can afford to spend more effort on such things.

Ask Sona

02-23-2012

Dear Riven,

You're grace on the fields is truly a beauty to behold. How do you draw such power from a broken weapon?

- Sona

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

( I didn't mean Mordenn doubts that Riven doesn't understand, he just figures it's easy for most people to see.)

I've also been curious as to one typically so pragmatic in their tactics would chose to wield a broken blade. Symbolic or not, wouldn't it lessen your combat capabilities?

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-23-2012

Miss Riven is a wonderfully talented swordswoman. Her original weapon was effectively larger than even King Tryndamere and Garen Crownguard's swords. Even breaking such a weapon in half leaves you with enough functional blade to use as a weapon.

From my standpoint, it actually gives her a tactical advantage. Having a weapon that can transform into a much larger and more powerful weapon gives you the benefits of having a smaller more precise weapon, along with a weapon that can likely overpower most any it comes into contact with. It effectively allows one to play both sides of the field with a single weapon.

Now, imagine her opponents made the same assumption you have, and assumed that Miss Riven's abilities were far lessened. That would be a mistake that could cause them some significant problems, wouldn't you say? Once more, if your opponent believes you have a weakness, turn it into an advantage and defeat them.

I'd say Miss Riven's blade is quite useful indeed.