Ask Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-21-2012

What's Vanity Faire?

Heil Teemo

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
What's Vanity Faire?
A chick magazine.

Jaykoboy

02-21-2012

Ah...good that I don't really know what it is, then.

TheRattleCage

02-21-2012

Dear Riven,

Do you find that a lot of people are very attracted (In a moth to a flame sort of way.) to you and your personality?
I find that the more I learn about you the more I just want to be near you.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
He's trying to court you too. Feel free to take a nutshot or two.
Hush you! If I was really trying to court the lovely Miss Riven I would certainly go about it in other more meaningful ways than simply paying her an honest compliment. I think that work of wishful thinking of yours has clouded your judgement!

Making her get a double-kill on my nether-regions only offers better proof. Besides, it's quite clear that you want Miss Riven for yourself! *fist-shake*

Ask Kennen

02-21-2012

Dear Riven

That lunch at sinful succulence was awesome i mean i did save you from skarner and volibear but i didnt think youd buy me an entire chocolate cake!!

/from my last match with kennen i tele'd top against a skarner gank and voli jungle gank ulti'd and we walked away with a double kill D //

Ask Riven

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
Dear Riven,

Which of your fellow League champions do you admire? Specifically, if you could, which quality would you take for yourself, and from who?
I admire quite a few...

Though to pick one quality from one person? That's tough...

Well, I respect Ashe's conviction and will from the bottom of my heart, but I'm not entirely sure I'd want to change myself for it... It's a scary thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRattleCage View Post
Dear Riven,

Do you find that a lot of people are very attracted (In a moth to a flame sort of way.) to you and your personality?
I find that the more I learn about you the more I just want to be near you.
The summoners (and an unnamed, unnaturally cheery champion) make fun of me for it, actually. I don't have an explanation for it (hence why I started this), but they call it the 'Lost Puppy' effect. It makes me cringe a little. I hope it's not something like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
Anyone else feel like this has become less of an advice column and more of a Vanity Faire article?
I never really intended to give advice. I just wanted to know why I'm popular. It doesn't make sense to me. But, I suppose I could give advice if someone asked. No one's asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Kennen View Post
Dear Riven

That lunch at sinful succulence was awesome i mean i did save you from skarner and volibear but i didnt think youd buy me an entire chocolate cake!!

/from my last match with kennen i tele'd top against a skarner gank and voli jungle gank ulti'd and we walked away with a double kill D //
I wish you'd keep quiet about these things... But since you brought it up, I always make sure to return my favors properly. I hope to work together with you in the future.

Heil Teemo

02-22-2012

I know why you're popular, Riven. Though the truth may be disturbing...

Anyway... advice. Yeah. Hm... well, you seem like a knowledgeable sort. Not book smarts (no offense), but the kind of worldly intelligence that is gained via experience. On that note, would you recommend others embark on the same kind of thoughtful excursion as your self-imposed exile? Of course, not everyone can replicate your circumstances, but the experience itself.

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

I'm doubtful your popularity is a great mystery. You take a powerful, attractive woman and give her just enough (perceived) vulnerability to seem approachable and it creates, well... I'm not sure I'd call it the lost puppy effect but the metaphor isn't a terrible one.

As for popularity on the Fields of Justice, that's an even easier question. Large swords wielded by people who knows how to use them rarely ever go out of style in Summoner's Rift. Sometimes the simplest things are the most effective.

Legacy Messiah

Recruiter

02-22-2012

Dear Riven,
Have you ever found yourself locked into a 1v1 duel against Master Yi? What was the outcome?