Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Have you considered that changing an entire society might require more than excellent swordsmanship? It might even require socializing.

Fallyn Light

06-30-2012

my-my dreams of being best friends forever with Riven ar-ar-are crushed...

*starts to wither and die but an idea pops into her head and she quickly recovers*

Dear Riven,

you declining my invitation to be my friend has been decline, you made this ask thingy to become more sociable right? So I will help you any way possible even if it will most definitely kills me.

-Lina

Kylewinslol

06-30-2012

Dear Riven,

Do you really hate your bunny outfit? I mean you do kind of hop around, seems only fitting really. Besides, you really didn't think you were going to hide that noxian bod forever did you?

((On a more serious note, glad to see you're back, was bummed you might not return))

AsktheCardmaster

06-30-2012

Quote:
I have been told my swordplay is very much like a dance. Fluid, smooth motions as I warm up my muscles before combat are a priority on the fields. However, no, I have not danced simply to dance. I find it a waste of time...
Ah' understand Noxus is all about whoever is the strongest, but don't ya'all ever doing anythin' ta' have a little fun? Sometimes takin' a step back and doing somethin' "useless" can really help ya'.

Ask Riven

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Bot View Post
So we've established your favorite pastry, weighed your ability to reason on the fly, and determined that your strength is exceptional. I'm enjoying this column, Riven. Good on you.

Next question: Assuming you had stayed in the Noxian military, could you see yourself advancing through the ranks and attaining a rank that doesn't fight on the front lines? Can you give and disseminate orders and strategize?
Thank you for your kind words, Summoner.

Anyway, a strong soldier should be able to take command if the situation requires. A fighting situation is a lot like giving out orders and planning a battle. You find weak points in their defense, and find out how to capitalize on them to win the day. Scaling it up isn't much different when cut down to the basics. However, I could never see myself anywhere but on the battlefield.

A commander should never be placed in a position where they would not be capable of undertaking the same orders they've given to their men were the situation to call for such a thing. I couldn't give the order that might cost a life, if I, too, wasn't willing to throw my life in with theirs.

So, I suppose both yes and no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
Have you considered that changing an entire society might require more than excellent swordsmanship? It might even require socializing.
...Somehow I don't think cuddling or other...intimate personal relations are at all applicable to the situation you're attempting to portray. Just because I don't cuddle or go to lunch with everyone who asks doesn't mean that I'm socially inept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallyn Light View Post
my-my dreams of being best friends forever with Riven ar-ar-are crushed...

*starts to wither and die but an idea pops into her head and she quickly recovers*

Dear Riven,

you declining my invitation to be my friend has been decline, you made this ask thingy to become more sociable right? So I will help you any way possible even if it will most definitely kills me.

-Lina
...I. I don't... Thank you? I think? Anyway, I created this to try and interact with my "fans", not to force social interaction... As I said, I don't exactly care for it much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylewinslol View Post
Dear Riven,

Do you really hate your bunny outfit? I mean you do kind of hop around, seems only fitting really. Besides, you really didn't think you were going to hide that noxian bod forever did you?

((On a more serious note, glad to see you're back, was bummed you might not return))
That...thing...is atrocious! I still don't understand how or why I am forced to wear such a gaudy and revealing excuse for clothing, and in a battle situation no less! I don't "hop" at all.

My "Broken Wings" routine is a very carefully calculated series of moves designed to inflict as much damage on an opponent as possible in the shortest amount of time! A spinning kick to knock them off balance, followed with a sword slash to damage them as they recover, immediately followed by a horizontal slash in the opposite direction for maximum force, with the finishing blow being an aerial drop that strikes with such force it throws them back and into the air where I can easily finish them off! There's nothing rabbit-like about it, unless rabbits go around cutting their enemies to ribbons with weapons.

And people like you gawking at me like I'm some kind of *** symbol, gussied up for your amusement is an insult to my pride as a soldier of Noxus! DuCouteau might be fine prancing around in her cat suit, but I want nothing to do with it! Must all females stand before you with their breasts and other private areas on display as some sort of cruel joke where their embarrassment is the punchline?

...And people wonder why I shun personal contact when this is the response I get from so many...

((OOC Glad to be back! XD))

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheCardmaster View Post
Ah' understand Noxus is all about whoever is the strongest, but don't ya'all ever doing anythin' ta' have a little fun? Sometimes takin' a step back and doing somethin' "useless" can really help ya'.
I don't speak for all of Noxus on the matter. I simply don't find it enjoyable or useful.

But...if you must know...I enjoy a long soak in a hot spring to unwind from a long day. I find it very therapeutic for many ailments. It eases muscles and the strain from wounds, and it allows me to clear my head.

After that previous comment, however, I think I may need it to escape from all those who simply seek to see me naked or put my body on display...

Írillyth

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post

That...thing...is atrocious! I still don't understand how or why I am forced to wear such a gaudy and revealing excuse for clothing, and in a battle situation no less! I don't "hop" at all.

And people like you gawking at me like I'm some kind of *** symbol, gussied up for your amusement is an insult to my pride as a soldier of Noxus! DuCouteau might be fine prancing around in her cat suit, but I want nothing to do with it! Must all females stand before you with their breasts and other private areas on display as some sort of cruel joke where their embarrassment is the punchline?

...And people wonder why I shun personal contact when this is the response I get from so many...

"Miss, this right here, is revolutionary. Needless to say, not all of us Summoners behave like this, though there are several..."

AskMadmanMundo

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Saint View Post
"Miss, this right here, is revolutionary. Needless to say, not all of us Summoners behave like this, though there are several..."
You summoners don't wear underwear under your robes...

Írillyth

07-01-2012

"And I explained to you that's only some of us, I don't choose to speak for all of us."

AsktheCardmaster

07-01-2012

Quote:
But...if you must know...I enjoy a long soak in a hot spring to unwind from a long day. I find it very therapeutic for many ailments. It eases muscles and the strain from wounds, and it allows me to clear my head.

After that previous comment, however, I think I may need it to escape from all those who simply seek to see me naked or put my body on display...
Well Ah reckon' this part wasn't necessary, but Ah was trying' to offer some friendly advice. It is good to know that ya' do have somethin' to unwind though yer're always so serious on the battlefield....no wonder Shaco likes ta' visit ya' so much.

Kylewinslol

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post

My "Broken Wings" routine is a very carefully calculated series of moves designed to inflict as much damage on an opponent as possible in the shortest amount of time! A spinning kick to knock them off balance, followed with a sword slash to damage them as they recover, immediately followed by a horizontal slash in the opposite direction for maximum force, with the finishing blow being an aerial drop that strikes with such force it throws them back and into the air where I can easily finish them off! There's nothing rabbit-like about it, unless rabbits go around cutting their enemies to ribbons with weapons.

Oh come now, I only tease. Can men not admire the beauty of a woman in her natural form? Although I suppose a bunny suit isn't exactly natural.. Anyway enough of that, wouldn't want to come off as perverse, unlike some of your, Ahem.. *clears throat*.."charming" fans.

Lets be constructive now shall we. Lets say this in the context that the League has yet to be created, and war still rages in Runeterra. If you were to gain control of Noxus or heavily reshape it in anyway would you have continued the power hungry, militaristic behemoth that it currently is, striving for dominance? Or, for example, would you make it less aggressive and less of a discriminating society? It just feels to lack morals in some places, while no place is perfect it just seems that it could be a little less dog eat dog and more helpful then harsh.

((OOC: Tbh when I saw the bunny skin I thought "Noooo they made poor Riven look like a skank >.<" but eventually (like I'm sure we all did) at some point I was like 'Well... she does fill it out quite nicely, hur hur >:B"))