Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Quinn n Val

03-26-2013

Quinn had thought about going to visit Riven personally, but after some debate she decided that it would likely suit the Exile's tastes if she simply sent a letter instead.

The letter would arrived neatly folded in a plain envelope with a Demacian symbol on the front, created out of the wax that was used to seal it shut.

Dear Riven,

I must say that you are likely one of the only Noxians I can actually respect on the fields of justice, your strength and determination, your will and your valor are all amazing attributes that truthfully, remind me much of my late brother.

I was curious as to your opinion on myself and my partner Valor, our fighting styles are extremely different, that is true and our personalities are likely different as well but I do feel that we have both suffered losses and managed to overcome them.

With strength and valor.

Sincerely, Quinn, Demacia's Wings.

Ask Riven

03-26-2013

Quote:
AskTheGuillotine:
As the massive blast of energy came toward Darius, as he skidded through the mud, he knew that he didn’t want to take a direct from that blast, so as he skidded he swung his axe into the dirt so that his body would swing around to face the blast and he would come to a stop. Darius then, While still lying on the ground rammed the broad side of his axe in front of himself and braced against it with his shoulder.

When the blast hit the initial damage was taken by his axe but as his axe pressed against him from the force it caused him to go flying through the air, with sparks and bolts of remaining emerald energy as well as mud and water. As Darius flew through the air remaining energy in the blast cut and tore at his skin, covering any part of him not covered by armor with bruises, cut and a few very minor flesh wounds.

Darius came to a sudden stop as he was flung through the air, when he slammed into the side of a building. As he slammed into the wall, it caused an indentation in the wall. When he fell to the ground he landed on his feet, though it was only do to reflex. Darius head was in a haze from the blast, he had a cut on his head, blood running down his face. The exposed part of his left arm had a minor flesh wound on it as well as numerous other scrapes and bruises. The rain continued to fall, washing away some of the mud from his body. The blood running down his face was deluded by the rain. His armor now had several light gashes in it as well as was lot of dings, cut and was over all badly damaged. His axe now only able to take one or two blows from Riven’s Sword.

After a brief moment Darius slowly shook his head to clear it. He then clinched his teeth and looked toward Riven. It was obvious that the technique had taken quite a bit out of her.

“HA”

A wicked grin crossed Darius’s face and remained there. He tightened his grip on his massive axe. Darius was glad to see someone else so strong fighting to strengthen Noxus, even if she did not agree with his choices, even if he had not seen any results from her yet he was now sure that she could help to change things. If she should ever actually return to Noxus. Darius was also somewhat happy to fight a strong opponent.

Darius then immediately charged again he would not give Riven a chance to rest; this fight was not yet over. As Darius ran through the rain his axe was up and ready to strike, it was not a defensive stance this time. The wicked grin was still on Darius’s face as he charged head long at his opponent, he had not lost his calm, he was still thinking clearly, he had just gained a greater zeal for this fight.

Once Darius was close to Riven but barely out of striking distance he through his massive axe strait at her, though while he had been running it looked like he had planned to attack with is axe that had been his plan the whole time. It would be too late for Riven to dodge it, which would mean she would have to block it or take the massive to the chest, ether way Darius was still charging when he had thrown the axe so would be right up on her, for the opening to arrive. He planned to grapple onto Riven, by hopefully grabbing her sword arm and then punching her in the face or gut with his other fist. Most of the momentum from his charge would go into the punch. Once Darius had a hold of her she would no longer use that sword of hers effectively, due to its huge size. In a fist fight Darius would have the advantage.

Riven watched Darius recover from her strike, while catching her breath. She was glad to see her attack had gone off so well. After all her training, all her attempts to increase her abilities, she'd finally brought what she had learned to bear on an opponent, and one that would help to further her goals. She knew that the general was try to retaliate, and based upon his previous actions, probably with something to close the distance. As the man laughed and proceeded to charge, Riven's body crackled with green as she charged her form with Ki (Valor) to strengthen it against whatever the general had planned.

Her eyes rolled over his form and she lifted her blade from the ground, watching his movements, looking for any sign of an impending attack. Her legs bent at the knee to stay ready to react at the first sign of danger. Then, she saw it. He'd started his swing for his attack, the massive axe telegraphing the motion as clearly as day. But the thing that struck Riven the most, the thing that sent alarm bells running through her consciousness was one simple fact. He'd started attacking well out of striking range for his weapon. There was no way he was going to be able to hit her like that...unless... He was throwing his axe!

Riven had to react quickly. If she didn't, things were going to get ugly. As that was the case, she decided to take a chance... The general wanted to close the distance, to get in a strike, but so would Riven. As Darius swung his axe, Riven actually shot forward, her blade stabbing directly toward the general's gut. The length of her weapon would effectively mean that the general would now have a choice. He would either have to abandon his own strike, or be run through by the massive size of Riven's own blade. The pointed tip at the end of her blade was perfect for piercing through armor, so if the general had any thoughts that it would protect him, he would be unpleasantly surprised.

Of course, if the general decided to go through with the attack, his axe would be flung harmlessly over Riven's body, or, if he wanted to hold on, it was likely the axe would come down along Riven's back, and much of the force would be absorbed by her shield of ki. However, as before, the trade off would be vastly worse for Darius than for Riven, but such was the game of combat.

Sometimes, one had to give something to gain something. And, if Riven could gain a devastating full stab through Darius, certainly a fight-ending injury, with just a minor blow to her back, it was worth the trade...

Quote:
Ask Quinn n Val:
Dear Riven,

I must say that you are likely one of the only Noxians I can actually respect on the fields of justice, your strength and determination, your will and your valor are all amazing attributes that truthfully, remind me much of my late brother.

I was curious as to your opinion on myself and my partner Valor, our fighting styles are extremely different, that is true and our personalities are likely different as well but I do feel that we have both suffered losses and managed to overcome them.

With strength and valor.

Sincerely, Quinn, Demacia's Wings.

Quinn and Valor,

Honestly, I respect your style of combat greatly. I also admire you for your ability to crawl up from such humble beginnings and overcome great obstacles to get to where you are now. Not everyone in Demacia lives a life like yours, and rises to become something so great and truly unique.

I don't particularly judge people on their places of origin. I judge them based upon how they act and present themselves. I have no hatred toward Demacia, though I find the overzealousness of certain individuals frustrating. You and your partner Valor, however, are individuals that I respect, both for your skills, and for your attitudes.

Stay strong,
Riven

AskTheGuillotine

03-26-2013

Quote:
Riven watched Darius recover from her strike, while catching her breath. She was glad to see her attack had gone off so well. After all her training, all her attempts to increase her abilities, she'd finally brought what she had learned to bear on an opponent, and one that would help to further her goals. She knew that the general was try to retaliate, and based upon his previous actions, probably with something to close the distance. As the man laughed and proceeded to charge, Riven's body crackled with green as she charged her form with Ki (Valor) to strengthen it against whatever the general had planned.

Her eyes rolled over his form and she lifted her blade from the ground, watching his movements, looking for any sign of an impending attack. Her legs bent at the knee to stay ready to react at the first sign of danger. Then, she saw it. He'd started his swing for his attack, the massive axe telegraphing the motion as clearly as day. But the thing that struck Riven the most, the thing that sent alarm bells running through her consciousness was one simple fact. He'd started attacking well out of striking range for his weapon. There was no way he was going to be able to hit her like that...unless... He was throwing his axe!

Riven had to react quickly. If she didn't, things were going to get ugly. As that was the case, she decided to take a chance... The general wanted to close the distance, to get in a strike, but so would Riven. As Darius swung his axe, Riven actually shot forward, her blade stabbing directly toward the general's gut. The length of her weapon would effectively mean that the general would now have a choice. He would either have to abandon his own strike, or be run through by the massive size of Riven's own blade. The pointed tip at the end of her blade was perfect for piercing through armor, so if the general had any thoughts that it would protect him, he would be unpleasantly surprised.

Of course, if the general decided to go through with the attack, his axe would be flung harmlessly over Riven's body, or, if he wanted to hold on, it was likely the axe would come down along Riven's back, and much of the force would be absorbed by her shield of ki. However, as before, the trade off would be vastly worse for Darius than for Riven, but such was the game of combat.

Sometimes, one had to give something to gain something. And, if Riven could gain a devastating full stab through Darius, certainly a fight-ending injury, with just a minor blow to her back, it was worth the trade...

When Riven Dashed forward to stab Darius, it was too late for him to stop his attack but he knew what to do, it was not that different from Demacia’s pike men. As Riven lunged forward Darius started to spin in a counter clockwise motion, with his attack, as the tip of Riven sword hit Darius’s armor hit did pierce it but he rolled with the motion of the strike so it did not hit him dead on but only cut his side. The wound on his side was a bad one but something that would stop Darius from continuing the fight.

Once Darius had spun off Riven’s lunge, he had gotten in the exact position he had been waiting for. As Riven was still moving forward from her lunge, Darius was determined to get a hold of Riven so he grabbed at the arm Riven held her sword with, using his left hand. He also dropped his axe some, so that he was holding it at the base of the head of the axe and used the rest of the motion from his spin to strike in a, angled, down ward motion with his axe, aimed at Riven’s back.

Darius was more then will to take a hit to give a hit but his main objective with this attack was to get a hold of Riven. He was not going to let this fight end without getting a good punch in on her face or at least landing a few hit of his own. That is not to say though that he had given up on winning. If Riven made any mistakes Darius would make sure she would regret them, with everything he had in him. The wound on his side was bad but not bad enough to stop him, though the bloods lose from it would show more and more as the fight went on.

((Glad to see that people are enjoying the Darius Riven fight, I honestly had not intended for Darius to fight Riven when he came to ask his questions but as always Darius is ready for a fight whenever or where ever it may be and so fare the fight has been quite fun.))

Ask Quinn n Val

03-26-2013

Quote:
Ask Riven:

Quinn and Valor,

Honestly, I respect your style of combat greatly. I also admire you for your ability to crawl up from such humble beginnings and overcome great obstacles to get to where you are now. Not everyone in Demacia lives a life like yours, and rises to become something so great and truly unique.

I don't particularly judge people on their places of origin. I judge them based upon how they act and present themselves. I have no hatred toward Demacia, though I find the overzealousness of certain individuals frustrating. You and your partner Valor, however, are individuals that I respect, both for your skills, and for your attitudes.

Stay strong,
Riven

Riven,

I thank you for your kind words and I understand where it is that you are coming from, I've noticed that a few of my fellow Demacians are indeed just a bit overzealous, however I enjoy looking at it from the perspective of a Demacian, they are simply proud of who they are, they love their city-state and want to show its strength, in Demacia's name.

Regardless, it is rather painful listening to people shout "Demacia!" When fighting."

I have another question for you, I was curious after seeing you fight on the fields as to how you change up your style based on whether or not you are fighting alone or with a teammate at your side.

Sincerely, Quinn.

Ask Riven

03-27-2013

Quote:
AskTheGuillotine:
When Riven Dashed forward to stab Darius, it was too late for him to stop his attack but he knew what to do, it was not that different from Demacia’s pike men. As Riven lunged forward Darius started to spin in a counter clockwise motion, with his attack, as the tip of Riven sword hit Darius’s armor hit did pierce it but he rolled with the motion of the strike so it did not hit him dead on but only cut his side. The wound on his side was a bad one but something that would stop Darius from continuing the fight.

Once Darius had spun off Riven’s lunge, he had gotten in the exact position he had been waiting for. As Riven was still moving forward from her lunge, Darius was determined to get a hold of Riven so he grabbed at the arm Riven held her sword with, using his left hand. He also dropped his axe some, so that he was holding it at the base of the head of the axe and used the rest of the motion from his spin to strike in a, angled, down ward motion with his axe, aimed at Riven’s back.

Darius was more then will to take a hit to give a hit but his main objective with this attack was to get a hold of Riven. He was not going to let this fight end without getting a good punch in on her face or at least landing a few hit of his own. That is not to say though that he had given up on winning. If Riven made any mistakes Darius would make sure she would regret them, with everything he had in him. The wound on his side was bad but not bad enough to stop him, though the bloods lose from it would show more and more as the fight went on.

((Glad to see that people are enjoying the Darius Riven fight, I honestly had not intended for Darius to fight Riven when he came to ask his questions but as always Darius is ready for a fight whenever or where ever it may be and so fare the fight has been quite fun.))

Darius spun, the grinding sound of metal on metal sounding between the two fighters as he tore the blade through his own armor, which now had a massive open gash in the side of it, exposing bloodied flesh to the open air. However, as he moved, Riven was ready and prepared. Energy thundered away from her form as she let out a battle cry, a powerful stunning Ki Burst being used. It would move outward in 360 degrees, and strike with enough force to stun the man at her side, stopping his attack and advance.

Then, Riven acted quickly. She knew she only had a second or two to react before the general got his bearings. She continued her forward motion, but initiated her own counter-clockwise spin. Her sword whipped around as fast as she could make it move, the length pulsing with green as she began the first swipe of Broken Wings. With the blade enhanced by Riven's passive ability, the strike would be even faster than one could think such a large weapon could move, and with that additional speed, it would still be striking with almost four times the power of normal.

The force would dent and buckle the general's armor, hampering his movement and breathing, and also deliver a powerful shot into his side with Riven's blade striking at maximum range. Riven knew that, traditionally, blunted weapons were used against armor to prevent motion, but in this case, the sheer size and weight of her sword would serve to hamper the general's ability to continue the fight, likely cut THROUGH the dented armor to flesh underneath, and likely send the general stumbling over from the impact force, if not cast him back through the air a few feet.

Riven wasn't bound to gamble without a backup plan...

Quote:
Ask Quinn n Val:
Riven,

I thank you for your kind words and I understand where it is that you are coming from, I've noticed that a few of my fellow Demacians are indeed just a bit overzealous, however I enjoy looking at it from the perspective of a Demacian, they are simply proud of who they are, they love their city-state and want to show its strength, in Demacia's name.

Regardless, it is rather painful listening to people shout "Demacia!" When fighting.

I have another question for you, I was curious after seeing you fight on the fields as to how you change up your style based on whether or not you are fighting alone or with a teammate at your side.

Sincerely, Quinn.

Quinn and Valor,

My strategy varies depending on the kind of teammate I have at my side. I may be more aggressive, or more protective. Whichever choice is better for the team as a whole is typically what I follow. I learned how to fight as a part of a cohesive unit, so it really is no different from fighting in a military engagement.

- Riven

AskTheGuillotine

03-27-2013

Quote:
Darius spun, the grinding sound of metal on metal sounding between the two fighters as he tore the blade through his own armor, which now had a massive open gash in the side of it, exposing bloodied flesh to the open air. However, as he moved, Riven was ready and prepared. Energy thundered away from her form as she let out a battle cry, a powerful stunning Ki Burst being used. It would move outward in 360 degrees, and strike with enough force to stun the man at her side, stopping his attack and advance.

Then, Riven acted quickly. She knew she only had a second or two to react before the general got his bearings. She continued her forward motion, but initiated her own counter-clockwise spin. Her sword whipped around as fast as she could make it move, the length pulsing with green as she began the first swipe of Broken Wings. With the blade enhanced by Riven's passive ability, the strike would be even faster than one could think such a large weapon could move, and with that additional speed, it would still be striking with almost four times the power of normal.

The force would dent and buckle the general's armor, hampering his movement and breathing, and also deliver a powerful shot into his side with Riven's blade striking at maximum range. Riven knew that, traditionally, blunted weapons were used against armor to prevent motion, but in this case, the sheer size and weight of her sword would serve to hamper the general's ability to continue the fight, likely cut THROUGH the dented armor to flesh underneath, and likely send the general stumbling over from the impact force, if not cast him back through the air a few feet.

Riven wasn't bound to gamble without a backup plan...

((Do realize that though I am will to have Darius loose to Riven, I will not let him loose without inflicting heavy injuries to Riven as well. I also understand that Riven might be stronger off the fields then on the fields but Darius has experienced Riven’s Ki blasts countless time and I did emphasize how Darius was determined to get ahold of Riven with that last attack, so I’m sure he is more than capable of shrugging off one of Riven’s Ki blasts, off the fields. I will ignore it this time but like I said I WILL NOT have him loose without doing heavy damage to Riven as well.))

As Darius is hit by Riven’s Blade he made sure to move with the motion of the strike so that it did as little damage as possible. Darius aslo noticed that it seemed to not be as hard a swing as before, she was probable still recovering some from when she unleashed that super powered wind slash. ((You don’t get to pull something like that out without giving something too.)) The strike was strong enough to knock Darius off his feet and dent his armor inward but it did not pierce his armor. The overall damage that Darius had taken from the strike was minimal.

As Darius went through the air he already knew his next move, it was one he did not often have to do but it was something he had practiced a good number of times, after all there are several reasons one might have to take their armor off while on the battle field. Once Darius hit the ground he was already undoing the straps to his armor, it had served its purpose but was now too badly damaged to be of any further use to him. As Darius stood back up he undid one last strap to his armor and his chest plate fell off. Underneath was a, now somewhat tattered, dark red T-shirt. Darius was still wearing his plate greaves and plate gauntlets.

Darius was ready to defend himself even before he had gotten to his feet. He now stood ready, his axe in hand, in a defensive stance; he knew that Riven would not simply let him recover.

Ask Riven

03-27-2013

Quote:
AskTheGuillotine:
((Do realize that though I am will to have Darius loose to Riven, I will not let him loose without inflicting heavy injuries to Riven as well. I also understand that Riven might be stronger off the fields then on the fields but Darius has experienced Riven’s Ki blasts countless time and I did emphasize how Darius was determined to get ahold of Riven with that last attack, so I’m sure he is more than capable of shrugging off one of Riven’s Ki blasts, off the fields. I will ignore it this time but like I said I WILL NOT have him loose without doing heavy damage to Riven as well.))

((I should mention that you haven't used any of Darius's abilities, at all. You haven't used his spin. You tried to use his grab, once. You haven't used his damage crank. Most importantly, you haven't used his ult to try and hit for true damage (which equates to a guard break and powerful hitting force or something). Almost everything you have done has been easy to avoid and or counter. Charges are easy to deal with. Maneuvering to the side for a grab is easy to avoid when you have an AoE burst that can knock back, break grabs, and stuns. You've got to think more tactically about this stuff, and put Riven into a position where you can get her, at the least, on the defensive. You're Darius, man! You've got physical strength and hitting power on your side too. Riven might be capable of hitting harder, but she can't take nearly as many hits as you can, and have, I might add. Seriously. If you hit her once, maybe twice with that axe, she's done for. Dodging and her shield is all she's got as far as defense. She can't soak nearly as many hits as you can with that armor, which you just removed. It's all about tactics. I'm cool to take some hits within reason, but if I see very easy ways to avoid or counter what you're doing, I have to take them. As powerful as Riven is, she's fundamentally fragile if she isn't using her abilities to the fullest. Anyway, I'll give you a chance to see what I've written here and either edit your post, or at least respond to what I've said here. I won't reply just yet.))

AskTheGuillotine

03-28-2013

Quote:
((I should mention that you haven't used any of Darius's abilities, at all. You haven't used his spin. You tried to use his grab, once. You haven't used his damage crank. Most importantly, you haven't used his ult to try and hit for true damage (which equates to a guard break and powerful hitting force or something). Almost everything you have done has been easy to avoid and or counter. Charges are easy to deal with. Maneuvering to the side for a grab is easy to avoid when you have an AoE burst that can knock back, break grabs, and stuns. You've got to think more tactically about this stuff, and put Riven into a position where you can get her, at the least, on the defensive. You're Darius, man! You've got physical strength and hitting power on your side too. Riven might be capable of hitting harder, but she can't take nearly as many hits as you can, and have, I might add. Seriously. If you hit her once, maybe twice with that axe, she's done for. Dodging and her shield is all she's got as far as defense. She can't soak nearly as many hits as you can with that armor, which you just removed. It's all about tactics. I'm cool to take some hits within reason, but if I see very easy ways to avoid or counter what you're doing, I have to take them. As powerful as Riven is, she's fundamentally fragile if she isn't using her abilities to the fullest. Anyway, I'll give you a chance to see what I've written here and either edit your post, or at least respond to what I've said here. I won't reply just yet.))

((Well I feel that I should first say that I was taking into account that Riven’s sword could probable break Darius’s axe. Axes were not originally designed for combat, though that is what Darius’s was made for, but the long, relatively thin, hilt could be broken far easier then Darius’s armor. I was trying to avoid having the weapons clash directly. Though I see your point in some things like the offensive and Riven not being able to take as many hits, it is hard to do that if your weapon breaks, though maybe it’s because I like buster sword like weapons. I also was trying to avoid abilities do to the fact Riven has seen them so many time just like how Darius has seen Riven’s Ki blasts so many times. Another thing is that the main time I tried to put Riven on the defensive (the throwing his axe part) it was meant to be precisely timed so Riven couldn't react like that to it but she did. Anyhow go with what I posted before, after all Riven might have the speed advantage but Darius easily just dropped 80 pounds off of him maybe more, that armor is very thick, so he will be speeding up now, though still not as fast as Riven it will be a good bit closer.))

Ask Riven

03-29-2013

Quote:
AskTheGuillotine:
As Darius is hit by Riven’s Blade he made sure to move with the motion of the strike so that it did as little damage as possible. Darius aslo noticed that it seemed to not be as hard a swing as before, she was probable still recovering some from when she unleashed that super powered wind slash. The strike was strong enough to knock Darius off his feet and dent his armor inward but it did not pierce his armor. The overall damage that Darius had taken from the strike was minimal.

As Darius went through the air he already knew his next move, it was one he did not often have to do but it was something he had practiced a good number of times, after all there are several reasons one might have to take their armor off while on the battle field. Once Darius hit the ground he was already undoing the straps to his armor, it had served its purpose but was now too badly damaged to be of any further use to him. As Darius stood back up he undid one last strap to his armor and his chest plate fell off. Underneath was a, now somewhat tattered, dark red T-shirt. Darius was still wearing his plate greaves and plate gauntlets.

Darius was ready to defend himself even before he had gotten to his feet. He now stood ready, his axe in hand, in a defensive stance; he knew that Riven would not simply let him recover.

Riven would not simply allow Darius to remove his armor without some kind of fight. In fact, as her Ki Burst followed through, she turned to face his body, bent her knees, and threw herself into the air, sacrificing the second strike of Broken Wings, and instead, combined the power into an even more powerful Final Strike. The Noxian general would strike the ground below, and quickly try to remove his armor. However, halfway removed armor was even more difficult to move in than fully worn armor.

Riven's strike would land directly where Darius had fallen, before he could regain his footing, and before he could fully remove his armor. The burst would be powerful, dealing shock damage not unlike her Ki Burst, and with enough force to knock Darius into the air under normal circumstances. Since he was grounded, all that force was, instead, aimed to cleave a massive hit against his (somewhat unarmored) body, Riven swinging every ounce of her sword's weight at maximum strength (increased 4x by her passive), combined with her own falling force, and the power of two Broken Wings strikes.

Since Darius would certainly not wish to be bisected down the middle, he had two realistic options.

First, he could roll out of the way, in which case the blast of power would strike the ground next to him. This would likely send him flying in a similar manner to Riven's ability on the fields, but empowered, dealing impact damage to his body upon landing and or rolling across the ground. It would also leave him fairly disoriented while also lacking in full armored protection. That would give Riven a chance to attack him with a follow up of some kind...

Second, Darius could lift his mighty axe to intercept the oncoming strike as he lay on his back, using his own ability to strengthen his blows, and effectively block it. However, his arms would receive shock trauma along their length as the force slammed into and pressed his body into the ground, possibly injuring joints, damaging bones and ligaments, and his weapon would have taken another blow from Riven's powerful weapon, weakening it more. However, if he was willing to risk the injury to himself and the damage to his weapon, it just might give him a chance to strike back in some way, as long as he executed it carefully, and made the most of his positioning...

((I'll be busy this weekend with family stuff, so I might not get to post for a bit. So don't think I ran off or anything! =3 I also wanted to give you an idea behind my own thought processes when looking an attack/defense option in a fight, and that's why I set forth the effective paths Darius could follow, to show you that you DO have options, even when fighting a more "powerful" opponent. It's all about how you utilize them. I look forward to reading what you come up with. Make it a good one!

- Riven))

AskTheGuillotine

03-31-2013

Quote:
Riven would not simply allow Darius to remove his armor without some kind of fight. In fact, as her Ki Burst followed through, she turned to face his body, bent her knees, and threw herself into the air, sacrificing the second strike of Broken Wings, and instead, combined the power into an even more powerful Final Strike. The Noxian general would strike the ground below, and quickly try to remove his armor. However, halfway removed armor was even more difficult to move in than fully worn armor.

Riven's strike would land directly where Darius had fallen, before he could regain his footing, and before he could fully remove his armor. The burst would be powerful, dealing shock damage not unlike her Ki Burst, and with enough force to knock Darius into the air under normal circumstances. Since he was grounded, all that force was, instead, aimed to cleave a massive hit against his (somewhat unarmored) body, Riven swinging every ounce of her sword's weight at maximum strength (increased 4x by her passive), combined with her own falling force, and the power of two Broken Wings strikes.

Since Darius would certainly not wish to be bisected down the middle, he had two realistic options.

First, he could roll out of the way, in which case the blast of power would strike the ground next to him. This would likely send him flying in a similar manner to Riven's ability on the fields, but empowered, dealing impact damage to his body upon landing and or rolling across the ground. It would also leave him fairly disoriented while also lacking in full armored protection. That would give Riven a chance to attack him with a follow up of some kind...

Second, Darius could lift his mighty axe to intercept the oncoming strike as he lay on his back, using his own ability to strengthen his blows, and effectively block it. However, his arms would receive shock trauma along their length as the force slammed into and pressed his body into the ground, possibly injuring joints, damaging bones and ligaments, and his weapon would have taken another blow from Riven's powerful weapon, weakening it more. However, if he was willing to risk the injury to himself and the damage to his weapon, it just might give him a chance to strike back in some way, as long as he executed it carefully, and made the most of his positioning...

((I'll be busy this weekend with family stuff, so I might not get to post for a bit. So don't think I ran off or anything! =3 I also wanted to give you an idea behind my own thought processes when looking an attack/defense option in a fight, and that's why I set forth the effective paths Darius could follow, to show you that you DO have options, even when fighting a more "powerful" opponent. It's all about how you utilize them. I look forward to reading what you come up with. Make it a good one!

- Riven))

Darius was ready when Riven came at him, he did not expect any soldier to let their opponent to regain their footing that easily. Darius had grown quite tired of Riven’s massive rune inscribed sword though and he now no longer cared about the damage to his axe. Darius swung his axe with all his strength, the same amount he would when he used his infamous srike, the Noxian guillotine, it would not be quite as strong as when he was standing but it would be more then strong enough to do what he was planning.

When Darius swung his axe it diagonally, from over his right shoulder to the left. When Darius’s axe and Riven’s sword met Darius had timed his swing to not meet Riven’s sword but to hit it on its broad side. Darius’s strike was not meant to stop Rivens but to forcefully redirect it, to his left. When the weapon’s collided it caused a crack to run down Darius’s axe, do the force, as well as the previous damage but his axe was still intact enough to be used. His axe would not be able to take another hit from Riven’s sword though; it would undoubtedly break if it did.

As Riven’s sword hit the ground to Darius’s left, it cut deep into the dirt and mud, sending mud and water flying through the air. As the force of the impact from Riven’s sword hitting the ground, hit Darius he let go of his axe with his left hand and with his right hand pulled his axe, down, along the back of Riven’s weapon. The back of Darius’s weapon would go down toward Riven’s wrist, if she did not let go of her sword then the back of Darius’s axe would hook around it and Darius would pull the axe back toward him, breaking Riven’s wrist or arm. Darius also raised his left hand, his fingers curled like claws, ready to grab ahold of Riven, with a vise like grip, should she try to push toward him rather than back off.

Darius knew that if Riven tried to pull her sword out of the ground it would take too long and he would catch her wrist and break it, if she went forward to try to counter, he would get a hold of her and she would not be able to getaway, easily, and if she backed off she would have to abandon her sword and she would then be weaponless. Darius had also readied himself for any Ki blasts that she might try to use, she was not the only one who trained tirelessly and the same thing would not work twice on Darius, in the same fight, it also had just been moment before that she had just used a Ki blast, so it was doubtful that if she used it again this soon that it would be more powerful than the last.