Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by …zrŽal View Post
Dear Riven,

I hate to be rude, but I doubt you can change Noxus without some sort of bloodshed. I hate to admit it, but it's true. Even if accedental, someone's gonna get hurt in the process. I just hope it's the right people when the time comes.

Also, after the incident when you left Noxus, where did you go? Happen to reach any important places during your time wandering the lands?

- Ezreal
Explorer,

If all one did was focus on what they could not do, nothing would get done. Instead, I focus on what must be done, and I will give everything an all I am to see that it happens. There is a time for violence, but that time has certainly not arrived yet, and until it does, I stand by my decision.

As for where I went, I wandered Ionia for a very long time, until I finally found myself on the mainland. I didn't do any exploring, if that's what you're asking, unless introspective thoughts count.

- Riven

makmix

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
((People seem to have forgotten that I like to run this as if it is Riven answering letters. So, I'm trying to get things to go back in that direction. If you'd like to ask her a question, send her a letter, please.))

((OH dint see that part...... uhh ok.. scratch that then.))

Augustus sends the Exile a letter.

"I have heard of you... My name is Augustus, I ask how long do wish to pursue this goal of yours."

Ask the Lunari

02-02-2013

Quote:

"I do not think we are as similar as you seem to believe, Lunari." Riven said calmly. "I do not seek a path of violence or extermination, only change and understanding for my people. You were betrayed by those you loved, as I was, but rather than turn my blade on them in anger, for revenge, I seek to show them how they have erred. That way none shall have to suffer as I, and how those that Noxus has wronged, have." She shook her head.

"Violence only breeds more violence and hatred. Look at the Arrow of Retribution, a product of my homeland's greed and warring ways. Look to the Wuju Master, scorned in the same way. Look to the barbarians of Freljord and their hatred toward my people for what they were forced to endure, and even to the eyes of any aged Demacian soldier." Riven's eyes rose to meet Diana's. "The moment you gripped your blade and struck down those that sought to destroy you, rather than simply escaping, you set into motion a chain of anger that will last beyond your years."

"The Lunari will rise, the Solari will fall, and what then? Will you then see fit to condemn the next soul who asks to worship the sun as you do the moon? Will your followers? Your chosen path leads only to more death and violence, on both sides. Your anger and hatred for those that labeled you a heretic is what makes you different from me, Lunari." Riven sighed and leaned against the wall.

"The difference between you and I, Lunari, is that you come for vengeance and anger, and hate those that spurned you. I still love my homeland, even after all I have been through..."
Diana would lean against the wall nearest of her across from Riven and fold her arms as Riven spoke. She would watch her movements & demeanor and only spoke after she had finished.

Granted, I was naive and simply overjoyed about my discovery. I didn't take notice to the fact that something was off... as those elders stood there shocked when I arrived with the very armor I wear today, as if they had seen a ghost. When they asked me to lead me to the very temple that is in ruins now... I felt great, overjoyed, and had not a single care within the world...until that happened.

Diana would then sigh, but keep eyeing Riven.

When you are condemned to death as the blades of those you thought you could trust nearing... how can you simply run away? The moment those words were uttered... as I was cast down to make my final prayer... stripped of my honor, my integrity and my own will to prove oneself. One would simply follow instinct and protect themselves... as I did. I chose to rid the world of those disgraceful, thoughtless and very well one-sided views within the Solari. They chose to follow the old ways, I simply found a crime that they committed and couldn't bear the world to learn of once again... and thus here I am now. The Moon is vengeful deity, and answered my call for assistance.

A short pause, as Diana shifts and looks towards the door, then back to Riven speaking softer.

If I had a choice in the matter back then, If I could have had a non-violent encounter... and the Solari had given up their old ways and decrees. Sure, I would not be a living connection to the Moon's blessings... although life probably would not have changed if I had not made it so. As I chose for so long to rid the simple hope of reconciliation, and that was shattered immediately... after I had tried for years.

Diana would finally return to her original tone.

The Moon is vengeful deity and answered my call for assistance; I follow her will just as you follow your own values...as she intervened in my own fate... so what about you? You choose the non-violent path, but as you said... violence shall follow regardless if something needs to be done. The very thing you wish to change can also be the end of you... but the League will prevent that for now. You are a strong woman, but that can only get one so far.

Ask Riven

02-02-2013

"I may be one person, but I've seen battles changed by the actions of a single soldier. Noxus is like a warzone. There are different sides, different armies, all fighting to prove something, to gain something. If I fight hard enough prove myself to others, show them the error of their ways..." Riven's gaze seemed far off and elsewhere. "Then I can make a difference. That is what Noxus is about, after all."

Ask the Lunari

02-02-2013

Quote:
"I may be one person, but I've seen battles changed by the actions of a single soldier. Noxus is like a warzone. There are different sides, different armies, all fighting to prove something, to gain something. If I fight hard enough prove myself to others, show them the error of their ways..." Riven's gaze seemed far off and elsewhere. "Then I can make a difference. That is what Noxus is about, after all."
So you still wish no help?... Diana would shift and stop leaning on the wall.

Well, whenever you truly wish to talk again and possibly require help with something... let me know, dear.

Diana would then turn to walk away.

HonorableGeneral

02-02-2013

Quote:
Sir,

1) I don't truly see a real issue with the way Noxus is run now. The only difference that should take place should be the renewal of our values and an abolition of the blackness and corruption plaguing our home. In addition, we must be mindful of Valoran on a continental scale as never before. Gone are the days when Noxus was only for its own safety and supremacy. We're part of something greater now, and should be mindful of that without falling to petty greed and selfishness.

2) I've answered this before, but as you have been gone, I will reiterate. Noxus and Demacia will never fully reconcile their differences. We can work together, however, to achieve peace and prosperity for both our nations as well as for all of Valoran. And, we can do that by being open to new ideas on both sides. However, don't misunderstand. I know both sides are strongly opposed to such things on a grand scale... But, if Katarina Du Couteau and Prince Jarvan Lightshield can work together for a greater good...why can't all of us?

3) I don't know. Terrible atrocities were committed by Noxus, so much so that I don't know if it can ever truly be forgotten or forgiven. On an individual basis, perhaps... But I don't dare assume such a thing would be possible on a larger scale...

I hope that answers your questions...

- Riven
Most Esteemed Exile,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have compiled all the data I need...

I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing a favor for an old summoner, so I won't ask. Suffice to say, I believe I will be taking another trip in the near future. The Shurima Desert is calling my name. Here's hoping the League doesn't get nosy and start asking why I've been racking up expenses, eh?

Oh, I'm rambling on again about things you don't need to know. This letter was supposed to be a one-sentence thank you and I turned it into a little monologue. My apologies.

Please, take the enclosed gold as a little gift, for answering all my questions. I assume you know better than to ask where poorer summoners such as myself acquire such currency.

Cordially yours,

The (Dis)Honorable General

The above note, printed on a tattered piece of paper, appears to be several weeks old. It came with a bag of sand-encrusted coins, totaling about 500 gold.

Ask Riven

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
So you still wish no help?... Diana would shift and stop leaning on the wall.

Well, whenever you truly wish to talk again and possibly require help with something... let me know, dear.

Diana would then turn to walk away.
"As I said before, Lunari. It is nothing personal. But Noxus must be saved by Noxians."

She sighed. "Your offer is generous, but it is not our way."

Riven would then move to open the door and allow Diana to exit if she wished.

Ask Riven

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmix View Post
Augustus sends the Exile a letter.

"I have heard of you... My name is Augustus, I ask how long do wish to pursue this goal of yours."
Augustus,

Until Noxus has been reforged, or until I can no longer fight for that goal.

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
Most Esteemed Exile,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have compiled all the data I need...

I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing a favor for an old summoner, so I won't ask. Suffice to say, I believe I will be taking another trip in the near future. The Shurima Desert is calling my name. Here's hoping the League doesn't get nosy and start asking why I've been racking up expenses, eh?

Oh, I'm rambling on again about things you don't need to know. This letter was supposed to be a one-sentence thank you and I turned it into a little monologue. My apologies.

Please, take the enclosed gold as a little gift, for answering all my questions. I assume you know better than to ask where poorer summoners such as myself acquire such currency.

Cordially yours,

The (Dis)Honorable General

The above note, printed on a tattered piece of paper, appears to be several weeks old. It came with a bag of sand-encrusted coins, totaling about 500 gold.
Riven would read the note, and look to the coins. She didn't quite know what the man was doing, but the gold, she felt, could go to a worthy charity...

Ask the Lunari

02-03-2013

Quote:
"As I said before, Lunari. It is nothing personal. But Noxus must be saved by Noxians."

She sighed. "Your offer is generous, but it is not our way."

Riven would then move to open the door and allow Diana to exit if she wished.
"Thank you." Diana would reply to Riven and nod, leaving Riven's quarters. Diana is a little displeased that Riven is stubborn, like herself... but otherwise her curiosity sated and hopeful that she might return to her on a later day... even to simply talk if possible.

Ask Riven

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
"Thank you." Diana would reply to Riven and nod, leaving Riven's quarters. Diana is a little displeased that Riven is stubborn, like herself... but otherwise her curiosity sated and hopeful that she might return to her on a later day... even to simply talk if possible.
Riven allowed Diana to leave and watched her go for a moment before closing the door. She then turned on her heel ands went back to her letters. One way or another, Noxus needed to be saved her way. If that meant alone, then so be it...