Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
((Welcome! I hope your time here is enjoyable. ^ ^))

Summoner,

Honestly, I've put very little thought into this. I don't really have anyone in mind, exactly. Though, if I died fighting for my goals, I believe that would inspire others to fight, to carry on my legacy in some way. I know not who, or how, but I imagine others would take my place if I was lost.

- Riven
..."But you cannot rely on that hope alone, Exile. Your goals, ambitions, your legacy can be interpreted in many different ways, even by those under you."

(See The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
"I thank you for your generosity, Lunari, however, you'll understand if I am very selective with whom I choose to share my troubles..." Riven sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

((School has kicked me in the a**))

Diana blinks, still eyeing Riven curiously.

Well, I have no issues telling others of my own but, it is different for others...

Diana would then sigh.

Perhaps I shall learn more of them later then, seeing as my presence makes everyone uncomfortable... including very strong-willed women.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
Most Esteemed Exile,

My apologies for my extended absence. Hopefully you didn't notice, being flooded by all the eager young summoners. I hope they've been treating you properly - I know a few of them can get out of line at times.

More importantly, as I have been taking an extended vacation from the League, I have had time to tour many of Valoran's city-states. Following my tour of Noxus, I have several questions for you:

1. What political system do you believe to be best, and would this system work if implemented in Noxus following your successful deposition of the current leadership?

2. Do you believe that Noxus and Demacia could ever reconcile their differences? In my travels, I have noticed that both city-states put heavy emphasis on militarization and fostering a sense of nationalism, and they are not actually as different as one may think. One is merely more open about military opposition than the other.

3. Do you believe that Ionia and Noxus could ever forge a lasting friendship, assuming that the current Noxian government were deposed? If so, what do you think would be the terms for this friendship?

Thank you for your time,

The (Dis)Honorable General
Sir,

1) I don't truly see a real issue with the way Noxus is run now. The only difference that should take place should be the renewal of our values and an abolition of the blackness and corruption plaguing our home. In addition, we must be mindful of Valoran on a continental scale as never before. Gone are the days when Noxus was only for its own safety and supremacy. We're part of something greater now, and should be mindful of that without falling to petty greed and selfishness.

2) I've answered this before, but as you have been gone, I will reiterate. Noxus and Demacia will never fully reconcile their differences. We can work together, however, to achieve peace and prosperity for both our nations as well as for all of Valoran. And, we can do that by being open to new ideas on both sides. However, don't misunderstand. I know both sides are strongly opposed to such things on a grand scale... But, if Katarina Du Couteau and Prince Jarvan Lightshield can work together for a greater good...why can't all of us?

3) I don't know. Terrible atrocities were committed by Noxus, so much so that I don't know if it can ever truly be forgotten or forgiven. On an individual basis, perhaps... But I don't dare assume such a thing would be possible on a larger scale...

I hope that answers your questions...

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
..."But you cannot rely on that hope alone, Exile. Your goals, ambitions, your legacy can be interpreted in many different ways, even by those under you."

(See The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3)
Summoner,

I believe I will have a chance to make my goals very clear for any that wish to follow in my footsteps. Misunderstanding is only a possibility if you speak in riddles and half-truths, something that the leading body of Noxus has become too adept at doing. I will never mince my words, and thus, will find it hard for anyone to misunderstand my goals and ideals...

- Riven


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Diana blinks, still eyeing Riven curiously. Well, I have no issues telling others of my own but, it is different for others...

Diana would then sigh. Perhaps I shall learn more of them later then, seeing as my presence makes everyone uncomfortable... including very strong-willed women.
"Don't take it personally, Lunari." Riven sighed. "I am secretive with everyone, though what you have asked has been openly stated several times... I chose to leave Noxus because, though I loved it dearly, I saw it had, I had, fallen from the path of what strength truly meant and entailed." She shook her head.

"My only hope is that I can remind them of that, and steer them away from the path of corruption and blackness that has damaged the thing I love more than anything else..."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ézrëal

Senior Member

01-31-2013

A letter arrives for Riven, addressed from Piltover.

Quote:
Dear Riven,

It is my understanding you wish to change Noxus for the better, correct? If you are successful, which I hope you are, what do you plan to do? Will you overtake Swain as leader, or simply return to the military?

-Ezreal

P.S. - I seem to notice your glove is very similar to my gauntlet. You wouldn't happen to have been trying to copy me, now would you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post

"Don't take it personally, Lunari." Riven sighed. "I am secretive with everyone, though what you have asked has been openly stated several times... I chose to leave Noxus because, though I loved it dearly, I saw it had, I had, fallen from the path of what strength truly meant and entailed." She shook her head.

"My only hope is that I can remind them of that, and steer them away from the path of corruption and blackness that has damaged the thing I love more than anything else..."
Diana would listen to Riven with a curious expression, but it would soften as Riven's resolve was reaffirmed within her last statement.

Proving your love with your life, for what it stands for, and the deeds you must perform... even if dastardly... I know of this well, dear.

Diana's expression would change to that very similar to a leader-figure giving a speech, an almost completely different voice follows, one with a hint of malice & serenity... not heard from Diana in a long time.

We must both prove to the world of our Ideal's, and we must both prove that we are correct. You must reform Noxus back to it's original glory, and I must restore the Lunari back upon the very world. Very same, yet oh so very different. Diana stated firmly.

We both have trials that can be closely linked to each other, and we could help each other if possible... even if we are both outsiders to each others worlds. I feel more inclined to trust you with matters that others would not understand... as we both have been brought into exile, labeled, and otherwise hurt by the very ones who we thought could be trusted.

Diana would then sigh, taking a small breath.

The League will not help us, I already know this; It only shelters, limits, and even provides protection to those who oppose us, and protection to ourselves, as it's rules and regulations are possibly the true reason everything is messed up & our missions are halted. So to prove our worth is simply more than being the lands temporary amusement; We must prove this... by all means. as we must fight for ourselves each and every day, to show our worth to the world! A reformed Noxus & Lunari... such a world for us both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zral View Post
A letter arrives for Riven, addressed from Piltover.

Dear Riven,

It is my understanding you wish to change Noxus for the better, correct? If you are successful, which I hope you are, what do you plan to do? Will you overtake Swain as leader, or simply return to the military?

-Ezreal

P.S. - I seem to notice your glove is very similar to my gauntlet. You wouldn't happen to have been trying to copy me, now would you?
Explorer,

Neither. When I have achieved my goals, I will likely give the position to someone I can trust, and someone I know will lead Noxus with honor, strength, and integrity. I'm not a noble, nor am I cut out for such a political position. I'm a soldier, and I will have won the war I so desperately wanted to win. My heart and sword will always belong to Noxus, but I do not need to rule her to fight with her and see her through her struggles.

As for my gauntlet, the visual similarity is merely a coincidence.

- Riven


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Diana would listen to Riven with a curious expression, but it would soften as Riven's resolve was reaffirmed within her last statement.

Proving your love with your life, for what it stands for, and the deeds you must perform... even if dastardly... I know of this well, dear.

Diana's expression would change to that very similar to a leader-figure giving a speech, an almost completely different voice follows, one with a hint of malice & serenity... not heard from Diana in a long time.

We must both prove to the world of our Ideal's, and we must both prove that we are correct. You must reform Noxus back to it's original glory, and I must restore the Lunari back upon the very world. Very same, yet oh so very different. Diana stated firmly.

We both have trials that can be closely linked to each other, and we could help each other if possible... even if we are both outsiders to each others worlds. I feel more inclined to trust you with matters that others would not understand... as we both have been brought into exile, labeled, and otherwise hurt by the very ones who we thought could be trusted.

Diana would then sigh, taking a small breath.

The League will not help us, I already know this; It only shelters, limits, and even provides protection to those who oppose us, and protection to ourselves, as it's rules and regulations are possibly the true reason everything is messed up & our missions are halted. So to prove our worth is simply more than being the lands temporary amusement; We must prove this... by all means. as we must fight for ourselves each and every day, to show our worth to the world! A reformed Noxus & Lunari... such a world for us both.
"I do not think we are as similar as you seem to believe, Lunari." Riven said calmly. "I do not seek a path of violence or extermination, only change and understanding for my people. You were betrayed by those you loved, as I was, but rather than turn my blade on them in anger, for revenge, I seek to show them how they have erred. That way none shall have to suffer as I, and how those that Noxus has wronged, have." She shook her head.

"Violence only breeds more violence and hatred. Look at the Arrow of Retribution, a product of my homeland's greed and warring ways. Look to the Wuju Master, scorned in the same way. Look to the barbarians of Freljord and their hatred toward my people for what they were forced to endure, and even to the eyes of any aged Demacian soldier." Riven's eyes rose to meet Diana's. "The moment you gripped your blade and struck down those that sought to destroy you, rather than simply escaping, you set into motion a chain of anger that will last beyond your years."

"The Lunari will rise, the Solari will fall, and what then? Will you then see fit to condemn the next soul who asks to worship the sun as you do the moon? Will your followers? Your chosen path leads only to more death and violence, on both sides. Your anger and hatred for those that labeled you a heretic is what makes you different from me, Lunari." Riven sighed and leaned against the wall.

"The difference between you and I, Lunari, is that you come for vengeance and anger, and hate those that spurned you. I still love my homeland, even after all I have been through..."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makmix

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Augustus flies over to the abode of Riven the Exile. He simply knocks once and waits for a response. Given directions by Mack, he hopes this is the right door. He sits down in front of the door, his height is still over half the door as he sits.

"I hope this truly is the right place."

He spreads his wings fully spanning at ten feet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ézrëal

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Explorer,

Neither. When I have achieved my goals, I will likely give the position to someone I can trust, and someone I know will lead Noxus with honor, strength, and integrity. I'm not a noble, nor am I cut out for such a political position. I'm a soldier, and I will have won the war I so desperately wanted to win. My heart and sword will always belong to Noxus, but I do not need to rule her to fight with her and see her through her struggles.

As for my gauntlet, the visual similarity is merely a coincidence.

- Riven
A response was sent moments later.

Quote:
Dear Riven,

I see, well thanks for explaining it a bit. How much progress have you made so far? Surely by now you have a full army of loyal followers just waiting to storm the walls.

-Ezreal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmix View Post
Augustus flies over to the abode of Riven the Exile. He simply knocks once and waits for a response. Given directions by Mack, he hopes this is the right door. He sits down in front of the door, his height is still over half the door as he sits.

"I hope this truly is the right place."

He spreads his wings fully spanning at ten feet.
((People seem to have forgotten that I like to run this as if it is Riven answering letters. So, I'm trying to get things to go back in that direction. If you'd like to ask her a question, send her a letter, please.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by zral View Post
Dear Riven,

I see, well thanks for explaining it a bit. How much progress have you made so far? Surely by now you have a full army of loyal followers just waiting to storm the walls.

-Ezreal.
Explorer,

No. Nor do I wish violence upon my homeland. However, if I must raise my sword, I'll fight alone for my goals. I have some supporters in Noxus, yes, but I do not wish for things to come to violence. That is why we have the League, to avoid such things.

- Riven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ézrëal

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post

Explorer,

No. Nor do I wish violence upon my homeland. However, if I must raise my sword, I'll fight alone for my goals. I have some supporters in Noxus, yes, but I do not wish for things to come to violence. That is why we have the League, to avoid such things.

- Riven
Another reply was sent back equally as fast.

Quote:
Dear Riven,

I hate to be rude, but I doubt you can change Noxus without some sort of bloodshed. I hate to admit it, but it's true. Even if accedental, someone's gonna get hurt in the process. I just hope it's the right people when the time comes.

Also, after the incident when you left Noxus, where did you go? Happen to reach any important places during your time wandering the lands?

- Ezreal