Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corrupted Sniper

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
My allegiances are to myself and my goals, and to the true, strong, and honorable Noxus I wish to bring about through my own strength." She sighed. "As for forgiveness, after what I helped do, what I did with my own hands, no amount of forgiveness will ever be enough to atone for my sins." Riven dropped her gaze, glancing to the blade at her side.

"How could I ask for forgiveness from Ionia? Do I claim I knew not what I was doing? Do I shift blame to Noxus, say it was their fault for filling my head with lies?" She sighed once more and shook her head. "I was foolish, naive. I knew not then what I know now. Hindsight is twenty-twenty, as they say. But being blinded by my patriotism, by my desire to do my duty, is no excuse for the horrors I visited upon Ionia." Her gaze rose to look the Arrow of Retribution in the eye.

"But, the woman you may seek to kill is already dead. She died on that blood and chemically soaked battlefield with everything she had ever loved or cared about. All that is left is what you see here before you now." She nodded to each as she spoke again. "These tattered clothes, this broken blade, this scarred skin, and the emotional wounds that will torment her for as long as she lives. The only thing I live for now, is to try and prevent another Ionian Invasion from happening by changing Noxus itself through my goals, and my own strength." She glanced once more to Varus as she finished.

"If you still wish to exact your revenge upon me, I would ask that you at least save me for last, so that I may yet have a chance to accomplish my goals before the end."
Varus ponders at her word. For life and death cannot be so different to this woman in front of him. For she is treading on a dangerous path. But her determination seems sincere and her eyes does not speak of lies, but of truth. It took a while before he started to speak.

Revenge does not have to drive a man into unreason Exile. If what you said is true, then I will stay my hand. But others won't, not the Ionians and neither your fellow Noxians should you stand in their way. But should that mind twist, know that Retribution will always be one step behind you ready to claim what already should be his.

Perhaps she could be trusted instead of hated. But a conversation doesn't cut all of it. Actions always speak louder then words. Before she has actually taken substancial steps that could be considered redemption, he would just have to watch and see how it goes. Not to mention there are individuals out there that requires more attention and resources compared to Riven over here.

Varus continued to ask her questions. Ones that needed to be answered so that he could shed some light on the potential candidates involved in the bloody massacre. He has several leads, but he needed to be more certain and he wanted to know if she would give him honesty or lies.

You mentioned chemically soaked... Guess that means I would have to pay the Mad Chemist a visit. But what I am interested in is... Are there any Noxians and Zaunite Champions that are not involved in the invasion?

Ask Fortune

01-17-2013

Quote:
"She behaved enough." Riven said without a hint of discomfort. "She seemed keen on calling me flattering things and trying to make me accept and or learn about firearms." She shook her head. "It's quite likely I'll never do either."
"So I guess teaching you to use a rapier is off the table, too, then." Janine replied, with a joking smile. "Velisa takes after Miss Fortune... half the crew does, really. But good, I'm glad she didn't sour you on us... wait, was she flirting with you?"

Ask Riven

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Sniper View Post
Revenge does not have to drive a man into unreason Exile. If what you said is true, then I will stay my hand. But others won't, not the Ionians and neither your fellow Noxians should you stand in their way. But should that mind twist, know that Retribution will always be one step behind you ready to claim what already should be his.

You mentioned chemically soaked... Guess that means I would have to pay the Mad Chemist a visit. But what I am interested in is... Are there any Noxians and Zaunite Champions that are not involved in the invasion?
"The answers you seek are public knowledge. As far as I know, only Warwick and Singed were present as far as Zaunite Champions. Katarina Du Couteau was also in Ionia, and myself. The Battlemistress did not take part in the invasion because she felt it was poorly planned and executed. As far as any others, I don't know." She shook her head. "That's all I can tell you, I'm afraid."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
"So I guess teaching you to use a rapier is off the table, too, then." Janine replied, with a joking smile. "Velisa takes after Miss Fortune... half the crew does, really. But good, I'm glad she didn't sour you on us... wait, was she flirting with you?"
"Light weapons are not my forte, I'm sorry." Riven shook her head before sighing and running a hand through her hair at the woman's second question. "I...suppose you could call it that, yes."

Ask Fortune

01-17-2013

Quote:
"Light weapons are not my forte, I'm sorry." Riven shook her head before sighing and running a hand through her hair at the woman's second question. "I...suppose you could call it that, yes."
Janine frowned, and nodded.

"Right, sorry about that." She said. "If it puts your mind at ease, she's dating a Summoner right now, she won't be bothering you."

An awkward pause.

"Well... I suppose I've done what Miss Fortune asked." She said. "Unless you have questions for me?"

Corrupted Sniper

01-17-2013

Quote:
"The answers you seek are public knowledge. As far as I know, only Warwick and Singed were present as far as Zaunite Champions. Katarina Du Couteau was also in Ionia, and myself. The Battlemistress did not take part in the invasion because she felt it was poorly planned and executed. As far as any others, I don't know." She shook her head. "That's all I can tell you, I'm afraid."
Well all the information I have managed to gather suggest the very same thing. But there always should be more then meets eye and as such, asking you such questions are necessary. Though it seems you know no more then the public...

I'll be on my way. Varus makes his way for the exit.

Just remember, actions always speak louder then words.

Ask Riven

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
Janine frowned, and nodded.

"Right, sorry about that." She said. "If it puts your mind at ease, she's dating a Summoner right now, she won't be bothering you."

An awkward pause.

"Well... I suppose I've done what Miss Fortune asked." She said. "Unless you have questions for me?"
"Not particularly, no..." Riven shook her head and sighed. "Just tell Sarah that she doesn't need to try and convince me of anything about Bilgewater. I know it isn't some hive of scum. There are honest working people there as well." She glanced to Janine. "I'm not so blind to such things as others might be, you know..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Sniper View Post
Well all the information I have managed to gather suggest the very same thing. But there always should be more then meets eye and as such, asking you such questions are necessary. Though it seems you know no more then the public...

I'll be on my way. Varus makes his way for the exit.

Just remember, actions always speak louder then words.
"Of course..." Riven stood to let Varus take his leave. "I hope that you can find some measure of peace without needing to resort to more violence and death. I feel like Noxus and Ionia have both suffered enough of that to last a lifetime..."

Corrupted Sniper

01-18-2013

Quote:
"Of course..." Riven stood to let Varus take his leave. "I hope that you can find some measure of peace without needing to resort to more violence and death. I feel like Noxus and Ionia have both suffered enough of that to last a lifetime..."
"You are the start and the end. Nothing more, nothing less. To spare another would be to put retribution into foolery and shame for the loss and the damned that have already left this earthly soil... Forever. I have sacrificed the village so the corruption may remain in check. Justifiable yes. but not to this guilty conscience and this overwhelming sense of regret. Have the necessary measures been taken? Have even a single word of aplogy been given? No. We are nothing but pawns in the wider scale of conflicts and politics.

Varus glanced towards Riven

Are you not so different? A woman who believed in ideals but were betrayed?

Ask Fortune

01-18-2013

Quote:
"Not particularly, no..." Riven shook her head and sighed. "Just tell Sarah that she doesn't need to try and convince me of anything about Bilgewater. I know it isn't some hive of scum. There are honest working people there as well." She glanced to Janine. "I'm not so blind to such things as others might be, you know..."
"Thanks~." Janine said. "Don't think too nicely of Bilgewater yet, though. It sucks and we all know it."

Janine tipped her hat.

"Good to meet you, Riven." She said. "Take care."

Vortexash

01-18-2013

((Personally, Ask Riven is my favorite "asks" out of anyone <3 She's so cute and questionable.))

Ask the Lunari

01-18-2013

Diana would arrive upon Riven's quarters, and simply knock on the door sternly.