Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Zed

11-30-2012

Exile,

I see more than a small amount of myself in you, given your situation. We both are effectively cast out from whence we called our homes, betrayed by the ideals that were effectively forced upon us. We both have suffered loss, and yet we both now champion truer, purer walks of life. With this in account, I feel obligated to ask what you think myself and my Order of Shadows.

Zed, the Master of Shadows

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Riven flinched at Katarina's outburst. She either didn't notice or didn't care about Reiora. "Lizard...? You mean Shyvana?" Riven sighed and shook her head. Why did those two always find some way to be at one another's throats?

"What did she do now?"
"Do? What did she NOT do!" Katarina stood up now, she felt alive as her anger and insult ran through her renewed.

"First off, I invited her into my home. We talked, and after a bit, I gave her a dress. One that her mother ordered. Ordered years ago for her daughter, sewed in secret by my own mother, whom im not sure if you know. But Shyvana slaughtered my mother in dragon fire while on a mission of peace. The Demacian's thought it a trick or ambush." Katarina's arms flew up as she brought up the old wound she had managed to bury with Shyvana's apology months ago.

"Then, she insulted me, and my mothers memory by trying to return it. It may have been the last thing Kathrine Du Couteau created before her demise, but even so, my mother would not have accepted it back and neither did I. Then..." She growled. "Then she wanted to talk... about why I've been acting strangely. I said it was because of you in my dreams."

Katarina was too heated up to realize what she had just said. "But then she turned everything around to be insults to Noxus. To our people. Our way of life! She called our pride idiotic, and she practically spit on the honor that is left within Noxus. But what was worse... she called us weak... saying we could not handle our problems in Noxus without the 'oh so mighty prince Jarvan' and his merry band of perfect human beings!" She said the Demacian prince's name in a tone which made her want to spit upon the ground.

"Demacian's look down upon us, Riven. They think us weak and dishonorable." She paused, looking down at the floor, her body shook with rage and... something else as she fell to her knees. "I love my homeland. I know you do too... And it pisses me off how we are treated." She said, slamming her fist into Riven's floor with a very audible thud.

Katarina didn't know what else to do or say as she sat there on her knees, seething, trying to keep her composure but was straining hard to do so.

Ask Riven

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Zed View Post
Exile,

I see more than a small amount of myself in you, given your situation. We both are effectively cast out from whence we called our homes, betrayed by the ideals that were effectively forced upon us. We both have suffered loss, and yet we both now champion truer, purer walks of life. With this in account, I feel obligated to ask what you think myself and my Order of Shadows.

Zed, the Master of Shadows
Shadow Master,

Forgive my bluntness, but I do not care for those who use trickery and deception to make their way on the battlefield. Strength comes in many forms, as does honor. Though, I am sorry to say that I do not agree with your hostile intentions for Ionia and her people. That land has been ravaged enough... Outcasts we both may be, but despite my losses, I still love my home. That, I believe, is the truest difference between us...

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
"Do? What did she NOT do!" Katarina stood up now, she felt alive as her anger and insult ran through her renewed.

"First off, I invited her into my home. We talked, and after a bit, I gave her a dress. One that her mother ordered. Ordered years ago for her daughter, sewed in secret by my own mother, whom im not sure if you know. But Shyvana slaughtered my mother in dragon fire while on a mission of peace. The Demacian's thought it a trick or ambush." Katarina's arms flew up as she brought up the old wound she had managed to bury with Shyvana's apology months ago.

"Then, she insulted me, and my mothers memory by trying to return it. It may have been the last thing Kathrine Du Couteau created before her demise, but even so, my mother would not have accepted it back and neither did I. Then..." She growled. "Then she wanted to talk... about why I've been acting strangely. I said it was because of you in my dreams."

Katarina was too heated up to realize what she had just said. "But then she turned everything around to be insults to Noxus. To our people. Our way of life! She called our pride idiotic, and she practically spit on the honor that is left within Noxus. But what was worse... she called us weak... saying we could not handle our problems in Noxus without the 'oh so mighty prince Jarvan' and his merry band of perfect human beings!" She said the Demacian prince's name in a tone which made her want to spit upon the ground.

"Demacian's look down upon us, Riven. They think us weak and dishonorable." She paused, looking down at the floor, her body shook with rage and... something else as she fell to her knees. "I love my homeland. I know you do too... And it pisses me off how we are treated." She said, slamming her fist into Riven's floor with a very audible thud.

Katarina didn't know what else to do or say as she sat there on her knees, seething, trying to keep her composure but was straining hard to do so.
Riven's eyes widened a bit as Katarina went on an angry rant, detailing what had happened between her and Shyvana. Riven had to admit that the Demacian Half-Dragon was very hard-headed. Then again, so was Katarina. It was bound to end poorly for the both of them. However, Riven felt a small blush cross her face when Katarina mentioned having her in her dreams. What was that all about? Riven wasn't entirely sure she wanted to know. It was embarrassing enough as it was between the both of them without something else to add to it.

Luckily, Katarina's venting turned to Shyvana's discussion of Noxian honor and pride. Riven relaxed a little and hugged the pillow in her arms a little more tightly. Luxanna had said something similar to her, about how her pride and traditions were going to hinder her. Yet, the Prince had said that he supported her and her goals, and that Demacia would as well. Riven sighed as Katarina fell to her knees. Somewhat reluctantly, she stood from her bed and took a few steps over to the redhead, and tentatively placed a hand upon her shoulder.

"That's what I'm fighting so hard to change, you know..." She gently squeezed Katarina's shoulder as she bent down a little. "Shyvana...means well, but she and most Demacians will simply not understand how we think, how we do things." Riven paused a moment to let her words sink in before continuing. "But, despite what they might say, we are slowly making a difference. Morgana has offered her support... And I...even had the crown prince himself come down here and tell me that he and Demacia would support me if I decided to make a move of some kind." She shook her head. "Frustration of this kind...gets us nowhere... We must keep moving forward, putting one foot in front of the other, no matter the hardships we face. We must let them fuel us, give us the strength we need to carry on in the face of uncertainty..." Riven tilted her head down to attempt to meet Katarina's eyes. "Were it not for that drive...I would not be the person I am today, or the person you've said you admire and respect."

Dear Zed

12-01-2012

Hmph. It would appear then that our favored methods of engagement are in discordance. However, I take offense to your further accusation.

As I have already told your Noxian tyrant, Jericho Swain, I have no wish to see Ionia laid to waste. I am, and shall always be, a son of Ionia, just as you would see yourself as a daughter of Noxus despite your differences in ideal. My grudge lies with none other than the Kinkou, as well as the self-crippling ideals of balance that are so despairingly clung to.

Ask Riven

12-01-2012

Shadow Master,

I am sorry you take offense. Regardless, your hatred of the Kinkou will only serve to drive Ionia into further conflict. Balance is as much a part of strength as anything else. Strength without limit is foolish, and something I learned the hard way in Ionia. There is a time for violence, and a time for peace. Knowing when to use each is important, and Ionians understand that. That is why they hold tight to their beliefs of balance.

- Riven

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Riven's eyes widened a bit as Katarina went on an angry rant, detailing what had happened between her and Shyvana. Riven had to admit that the Demacian Half-Dragon was very hard-headed. Then again, so was Katarina. It was bound to end poorly for the both of them. However, Riven felt a small blush cross her face when Katarina mentioned having her in her dreams. What was that all about? Riven wasn't entirely sure she wanted to know. It was embarrassing enough as it was between the both of them without something else to add to it.

Luckily, Katarina's venting turned to Shyvana's discussion of Noxian honor and pride. Riven relaxed a little and hugged the pillow in her arms a little more tightly. Luxanna had said something similar to her, about how her pride and traditions were going to hinder her. Yet, the Prince had said that he supported her and her goals, and that Demacia would as well. Riven sighed as Katarina fell to her knees. Somewhat reluctantly, she stood from her bed and took a few steps over to the redhead, and tentatively placed a hand upon her shoulder.

"That's what I'm fighting so hard to change, you know..." She gently squeezed Katarina's shoulder as she bent down a little. "Shyvana...means well, but she and most Demacians will simply not understand how we think, how we do things." Riven paused a moment to let her words sink in before continuing. "But, despite what they might say, we are slowly making a difference. Morgana has offered her support... And I...even had the crown prince himself come down here and tell me that he and Demacia would support me if I decided to make a move of some kind." She shook her head. "Frustration of this kind...gets us nowhere... We must keep moving forward, putting one foot in front of the other, no matter the hardships we face. We must let them fuel us, give us the strength we need to carry on in the face of uncertainty..." Riven tilted her head down to attempt to meet Katarina's eyes. "Were it not for that drive...I would not be the person I am today, or the person you've said you admire and respect."

Katarina struggled not to sob and she succeeded as she shrugged off Riven's hand and looked up at the white haired girl. "I know." She growled. "But that pet of the Demacian prince pisses me off to no end, even when i try to be...urgh... courteous."

She sighed heavily and raised a hand, placing it down on Riven's shoulder and pulled her closer. "You speak of this to no one... please."

The Angel Knight

12-02-2012

A note seemed to flutter over to Riven's place.

Exile

I have always wondered, how do you reforge your weapon on the battle fields?

- Kayle.

Ask Shenn

12-02-2012

Quote:
Shadow Master,

I am sorry you take offense. Regardless, your hatred of the Kinkou will only serve to drive Ionia into further conflict. Balance is as much a part of strength as anything else. Strength without limit is foolish, and something I learned the hard way in Ionia. There is a time for violence, and a time for peace. Knowing when to use each is important, and Ionians understand that. That is why they hold tight to their beliefs of balance.

- Riven
((I love you.

I don't think much more is needed to be said.))

Ask Tyrant Swain

12-02-2012

''Deserter.''
Said Swain as he showed his face before the Exile.
''Shyvana suggested me to tell you something, and I decided that I might as well, while I'm here.
She said that you shouldn't kill me because her almighty deity Jarvan would like to do that instead.
Apparently I am a very loved man.
And you better listen to her and don't send any more assassin at me. They are annoying at most.''

Ask Riven

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katárina View Post
Katarina struggled not to sob and she succeeded as she shrugged off Riven's hand and looked up at the white haired girl. "I know." She growled. "But that pet of the Demacian prince pisses me off to no end, even when i try to be...urgh... courteous."

She sighed heavily and raised a hand, placing it down on Riven's shoulder and pulled her closer. "You speak of this to no one... please."
"Shyvana does have a way of being standoffish at times... Strong or not, she's still a Demacian, and they just won't see things as we do." Riven withdrew her hand as Katarina raised her own to her shoulder and pulled her closer. Riven stiffened before the redhead spoke, and relaxed slightly after, replying.

"Of course." She allowed herself a small smile. "Remember, you're talking to someone who knows a thing or two about keeping things to oneself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angel Knight View Post
Exile

I have always wondered, how do you reforge your weapon on the battle fields?

- Kayle.
Judicator,

My weapon is linked to my will. When I channel my will through the weapon, I call forth a shape forged by strength and determination, and that shape is the fully formed and reforged blade that you see on the fields.

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
''Deserter.''
Said Swain as he showed his face before the Exile.
''Shyvana suggested me to tell you something, and I decided that I might as well, while I'm here.
She said that you shouldn't kill me because her almighty deity Jarvan would like to do that instead.
Apparently I am a very loved man.
And you better listen to her and don't send assassin at me. They are annoying at most.''
((I'm just gonna ignore this since it wasn't in letter form, and I really don't feel like having Riven have a face to face chat with the Grand Birdbrain right now. X3))