Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayssael View Post
You flatter me, Lady Riven. I am but one summoner struggling to look after a limbless sibling, but the likes of Lady Katarina or Lady Sivir do not support your ideals? I am surprised that not more Noxians support you (Though Demacians would no doubt support you).

-Summoner Cayssael.
Each Noxian supports their own goals. Rarely do they support the goals of others, unless they find them more worthwhile than their own. The Battle Mistress I am not sure about, and Du Couteau...seems to support me at least in part. As for other Noxians, it varies...

- Riven

Dear Luxanna

11-17-2012

Hi, Riven. I... know I've been creepy lately. I'm sorry. I... you know, I told you, my relationship with my parents isn't that great. Military service in Demacia is compulsory for a period, so my mother is not a weak homemaker. It's just... you kind of remind me of her. I guess that's why I spend so much time... I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to impart this kind of attachment on you. I'll try to ease up.

Lux

Ask Riven

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Hi, Riven. I... know I've been creepy lately. I'm sorry. I... you know, I told you, my relationship with my parents isn't that great. Military service in Demacia is compulsory for a period, so my mother is not a weak homemaker. It's just... you kind of remind me of her. I guess that's why I spend so much time... I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to impart this kind of attachment on you. I'll try to ease up.

Lux
Lux,

We can't help it if we become attached to someone. We don't plan for it or intend for it to happen. We can try to hold it off, or avoid thinking about it. It might be illogical and not make any sense. It might be someone you never thought it could happen with. We can tell ourselves that it isn't right, that we have other things on which we need to focus, and that we don't have time for such silly things, but, sometimes, it just happens on its own, and there is nothing we can do to avoid it...

Um, anyway, you don't have to apologize... However...your attachment has been a little...disconcerting. I guess I'm flattered that I remind you of your mother, though I can't understand how I could be anything like a woman who is certainly several years older than myself... You are a good acquaintance of mine, and you still are.

But the odd injections of my name, my mannerisms, or my techniques needs to stop. It...kinda oversteps the boundary of that with which I'm comfortable.

- Riven

Ask Drav

11-17-2012

Draven politely waits in the Exile`s doorway before asking her a question.

Draven never got the chance to meet you before or after you left Noxus. I have only one question that Draven has always been curious to know.

What motivated you to finally leave?

Draven`s eyes stay locked on the Ivory-haired Noxian before him but not in a judging manner but more of a curious stare.

Dear Luxanna

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Lux,

We can't help it if we become attached to someone. We don't plan for it or intend for it to happen. We can try to hold it off, or avoid thinking about it. It might be illogical and not make any sense. It might be someone you never thought it could happen with. We can tell ourselves that it isn't right, that we have other things on which we need to focus, and that we don't have time for such silly things, but, sometimes, it just happens on its own, and there is nothing we can do to avoid it...

Um, anyway, you don't have to apologize... However...your attachment has been a little...disconcerting. I guess I'm flattered that I remind you of your mother, though I can't understand how I could be anything like a woman who is certainly several years older than myself... You are a good acquaintance of mine, and you still are.

But the odd injections of my name, my mannerisms, or my techniques needs to stop. It...kinda oversteps the boundary of that with which I'm comfortable.

- Riven
Oh wow, my sparring match... what I did there offended you?! I'm sooooooo sorry, I didn't think it would! I... well... I know how to do it now, it worked, it'd be irresponsible of me to not use something I can do... but I promise I won't purposely make it look like what you do.

I want you to know, I didn't spend hours trying to steal your trick. Half the time, all I have to do is witness a spell, and it's like... if you saw 2 + 2 written somewhere, you wouldn't need to do the math, you'dd know it's four. That's what it's like with me. I can do... wow... I don't wanna name people, but gosh, half the League, I can replicate something from. And I know it offends a lot of people. Being a prodigy is so alienating... sorry.

Lux

Ask Riven

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Drav View Post
Draven never got the chance to meet you before or after you left Noxus. I have only one question that Draven has always been curious to know.

What motivated you to finally leave?
((Answering this like a letter, because I run this like letters except in special circumstances. XP))

I think all the hair products or mustache wax you use must be effecting your thought processes. I didn't leave Noxus. Noxus gave the order to kill Fury Company and what remained of the Ionian forces. After we had given everything for our home, they turned their back on us in favor of cowardly battle tactics and dishonorable actions... It started a while before then when we destroyed whole villages, not just soldiers. What was strong about that? But when the corruption of our Noxian ideals turned all I'd ever loved or known into that sickening mess...I realized I had nothing left, so I exiled myself until I could find my own path.

I thought this was all common knowledge...

- Riven

Quote:
Oh wow, my sparring match... what I did there offended you?! I'm sooooooo sorry, I didn't think it would! I... well... I know how to do it now, it worked, it'd be irresponsible of me to not use something I can do... but I promise I won't purposely make it look like what you do.

I want you to know, I didn't spend hours trying to steal your trick. Half the time, all I have to do is witness a spell, and it's like... if you saw 2 + 2 written somewhere, you wouldn't need to do the math, you'dd know it's four. That's what it's like with me. I can do... wow... I don't wanna name people, but gosh, half the League, I can replicate something from. And I know it offends a lot of people. Being a prodigy is so alienating... sorry.

Lux
Your heart is in the right place, Lux, but you need to relax and think things through. Some people take great pride in what they have trained to do, like me. I worked impossibly hard to achieve my techniques, training day and night, sometimes until my body collapsed under my own weight. So, when you put that much of yourself into things...it is somewhat frustrating when someone copies it from you almost instantly. It's like you worked hard, and then someone comes along and steals it, you know? Intentional or not, you've got to understand why it bothers people.

Besides, I'm sure your own techniques are far stronger than anything you can copy from other people.

- Riven

Dear Luxanna

11-17-2012

Quote:
Your heart is in the right place, Lux, but you need to relax and think things through. Some people take great pride in what they have trained to do, like me. I worked impossibly hard to achieve my techniques, training day and night, sometimes until my body collapsed under my own weight. So, when you put that much of yourself into things...it is somewhat frustrating when someone copies it from you almost instantly. It's like you worked hard, and then someone comes along and steals it, you know? Intentional or not, you've got to understand why it bothers people.

Besides, I'm sure your own techniques are far stronger than anything you can copy from other people.

- Riven
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cheapen your life's work... I wish I could teach you some of what I know, to make up for it. I don't know... is there anything I can do to make it up to you? Anything at all?

Lux

Ask Drav

11-17-2012

Quote:
((Answering this like a letter, because I run this like letters except in special circumstances. XP))

I think all the hair products or mustache wax you use must be effecting your thought processes. I didn't leave Noxus. Noxus gave the order to kill Fury Company and what remained of the Ionian forces. After we had given everything for our home, they turned their back on us in favor of cowardly battle tactics and dishonorable actions... It started a while before then when we destroyed whole villages, not just soldiers. What was strong about that? But when the corruption of our Noxian ideals turned all I'd ever loved or known into that sickening mess...I realized I had nothing left, so I exiled myself until I could find my own path.

I thought this was all common knowledge...

- Riven
((np lol))

Draven reads Riven`s letter and writes a response.

No, why would the lower echelons of the military be informed about whatever the higher-ups do. I ask you this because your departure is one of the few things which allowed me to question my own ambitions and desires...Believe it or not Draven had much respect for you while you were still a member of the military.

Draven understands now. But Draven is still curious, what will you do with yourself now?

Ask Riven

11-17-2012

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cheapen your life's work... I wish I could teach you some of what I know, to make up for it. I don't know... is there anything I can do to make it up to you? Anything at all?

Lux
Well, yes and no. On one hand, the damage is done. However, if you wish to make it up to me, you can begin by not using any techniques you've stolen from me. I know you meant no harm, but still...

Though, in the future, perhaps it would be prudent to avoid asking "anything at all" in your letters. Certain individuals may get the wrong idea, like your friend the Widowmaker. They may seek to use it against you in some...unflattering ways...

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Drav View Post
No, why would the lower echelons of the military be informed about whatever the higher-ups do. I ask you this because your departure is one of the few things which allowed me to question my own ambitions and desires...Believe it or not Draven had much respect for you while you were still a member of the military.

Draven understands now. But Draven is still curious, what will you do with yourself now?
I'll do whatever is necessary to reforge Noxus with my own ideals and my own pure Noxian vision. It's the least I can do to atone for the sins of myself and others that followed such ideals blindly and without concern. So, I'll fight toward that, no matter where I wind up, I will have fought for something on my own terms...

- Riven

Dear Luxanna

11-17-2012

Quote:
Well, yes and no. On one hand, the damage is done. However, if you wish to make it up to me, you can begin by not using any techniques you've stolen from me. I know you meant no harm, but still...

Though, in the future, perhaps it would be prudent to avoid asking "anything at all" in your letters. Certain individuals may get the wrong idea, like your friend the Widowmaker. They may seek to use it against you in some...unflattering ways...

- Riven
Oh, I know better than to say that to her... eep... I'll do what you ask, though I can't promise anything in times of actual war. I can't just avoid one of my skills when lives are on the line. I hope you understand...

Lux