Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jarvan IV View Post
"Very well." Jarvan ran a hand through his hair, considering his words. "I suppose the first thing I should say is that I'm sorry. What I said during our battle... I will not lie and say I did not mean it, for I did at the time. I questioned your motives for leaving your home. I had thought that you had simply fled because you had grown disillusioned with what it had become." He leaned heavily on the door frame, his head hung. "I mistook your actions as those of a coward. It is now that I see how woefully mistaken I was."

Jarvan paused briefly, hesitating before continuing. "You probably know by now that I left Demacia once. Two years. Not a day passed by where I did not think of my home, of seeing the people I cared about. The possibility that I might not see them again. You... you left Noxus, with no one to return to, no home to look forward to. I cannot imagine what it must have taken to put yourself through that. My words were foolish, and I cannot begin to express my regret at having said them. Truly, I am sorry."
"Words are cheap, Prince..." Riven sighed. "But, for the moment...I will accept your apology. That does not mean I forgive you immediately, but I at least accept and acknowledge your attempt to make amends..." Riven was still mad, but at least she knew he was trying to make things better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
...I only have slightly more experience than you.

I have a few comrades, but becoming amicable with them was a much less...abrupt than this.

Not that that's a bad thing.

-Morgana
I suppose so... Though, I do find it odd that you wish to call me a friend so quickly. After all, I don't think we really know each other all that much, nor have we really talked outside of our discussion at your shop. Typically, I don't have "friends." Not in the traditional sense anyway... I have people I trust, or people in which I can confide. Beyond that, though, I don't know if I can call them my "friends." Either way, I don't think counting you among one of those individuals would be detrimental.

- Riven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hero of Piltover

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Lady Riven,

I understand. Thank you for the honest answer.

Anyways, have you tried to ever reforge your sword?

-T.A.S.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronei View Post
Lady Riven,

I understand. Thank you for the honest answer.

Anyways, have you tried to ever reforge your sword?

-T.A.S.
No, I have not. I have no need to do so. The power of my will reforges my blade into a pristine weapon, different and yet similar to the blade I once used. To try and reforge something that I've since moved away from would be pointless.

- Riven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Jarvan IV

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
"Words are cheap, Prince..." Riven sighed. "But, for the moment...I will accept your apology. That does not mean I forgive you immediately, but I at least accept and acknowledge your attempt to make amends..." Riven was still mad, but at least she knew he was trying to make things better.
The prince let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't expected her to actually forgive him, at least not so readily. Perhaps, then.... "There was something else I wished to speak with you about, as well. This, however, I will not discuss through a door. If you still wish not to see me, I understand. I will seek you out at a later time if you wish."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jarvan IV View Post
The prince let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't expected her to actually forgive him, at least not so readily. Perhaps, then.... "There was something else I wished to speak with you about, as well. This, however, I will not discuss through a door. If you still wish not to see me, I understand. I will seek you out at a later time if you wish."
Riven grumbled. As much as she wanted to turn him away at the moment, she did not want to be rude. Regardless of her feeling about the situation, the Prince HAD come quite a long way to speak to her. At the very least she could hear what he had to say...then kick him out.

The door unlocked and Riven swung it open, allowing the prince to enter. "Fine, just make it quick... I have other things I wish to do today."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Jarvan IV

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Riven grumbled. As much as she wanted to turn him away at the moment, she did not want to be rude. Regardless of her feeling about the situation, the Prince HAD come quite a long way to speak to her. At the very least she could hear what he had to say...then kick him out.

The door unlocked and Riven swung it open, allowing the prince to enter. "Fine, just make it quick... I have other things I wish to do today."
Jarvan's features reflected surprise for the barest hint of a second beore adopting a more appropriate expression of melancholy and gratitude. He entered Riven's room quickly, moving inside as she shut the door behind him. Not asking to take a seat anywhere, he merely leaned against the wall across from where Riven stood. Though he was curious, he respected her privacy, eyes remaining focused on the Exile as he spoke rather than looking about the room.

"I will get straight to the point, then, since you don't much seem to be in the mood for my company. You said during our fight that you felt you could be the one to light the way for Noxus. I wish to know.... do you plan to retake Noxus? Restore it to what it once was?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jarvan IV View Post
"I will get straight to the point, then, since you don't much seem to be in the mood for my company. You said during our fight that you felt you could be the one to light the way for Noxus. I wish to know.... do you plan to retake Noxus? Restore it to what it once was?"
"I plan to do whatever it takes to reforge Noxus into the strong, honorable, and respected place I know it can be. If that requires violence...I will answer their challenges with my blade, though, truth be told, I'd rather avoid that if possible." Riven shook her head and leaned against the wall. "Why do you ask?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

st0pb0t

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Dear Riven,

Where did you commission that lovely new sword of yours? Further... why did you break it?

Evelynn


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Further... why did you break it?
(( Isn't that explained in her lore?))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

st0pb0t

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Justice View Post
(( Isn't that explained in her lore?))
((Riven plays her championship skin like something she bought. I figured the sword would be the same, and I doubt it came pre-broken.))