Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Lux,

Thank you for the gift, I suppose... Though, I can't say I really needed such a thing as I don't know how to cook beyond catching my own food and preparing it over an open flame. Therefore, keeping ingredients cold is something I've never really needed to do. Though, I suppose having a cold drink after training that I didn't need to purchase beforehand could be nice...

For the record this is not a green light for you to begin sending me more food through the mail... Worse comes to worse I'll go out and catch something to eat. Ironically enough, rabbits are easy enough to catch...

- Riven
You... wow, that's so cool. I don't have the patience for hunting. Odd, I'd probably be really good at it, with my bending light... anyway, alright, message received. There's just one more thing I want to give you, then that's it for a while, I promise.

I like to position mine on the side of the bed furthest from the wall. It helps me feel sheltered and secure. Get your leg right up on there. It positions your hips in a really healthy way... and it feels so... warm and... like cuddles from your... just enjoy~. Bah I'm blushing!

Lux

*the letter comes with a large package containing a body pillow with a fitting green pillowcase*

Ask Riven

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
You... wow, that's so cool. I don't have the patience for hunting. Odd, I'd probably be really good at it, with my bending light... anyway, alright, message received. There's just one more thing I want to give you, then that's it for a while, I promise.

I like to position mine on the side of the bed furthest from the wall. It helps me feel sheltered and secure. Get your leg right up on there. It positions your hips in a really healthy way... and it feels so... warm and... like cuddles from your... just enjoy~. Bah I'm blushing!

Lux

*the letter comes with a large package containing a body pillow with a fitting green pillowcase*
Riven shakes her head and sets the letter aside. It was uncomfortable getting all of these gifts and things from people. She hadn't asked for anything, and yet they continued to dote upon her. With a sigh she stands from her small writing desk and grabs hold of the pillow, walking it over to her bed. She then stands there, looking at it and contemplating it for a moment before she turns away and gets ready for bed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As she lays down on the sheets and pulls the covers over her form, the dark blue of night being her only company, her thoughts drift to many things. The quiet solitude of night and the embrace of her simple sheets are the only true respite she has. Even her daily soaks in the hot springs fail to give her this much quiet. In this twilight, this time between her dreams of that day, tainted further by the machinations of a guilty mind, and the pressure of her daily grind to achieve everything in front of her, she manages to find a few moments of peace.

It was here, and only here, when she allowed her mask to come off, if only for a while. Here, where no one could judge her, except herself, she allowed herself to feel the weight of her emotions. She knew she had to be strong, stronger than everyone, anyone else. In the end, however, she knew she was just one person. Determined or not, that path she walked was not an easy one. It was almost impossible. Yet, she was betting on that tiny fraction of chance that she would succeed. She had to be super human...

Under it all, though, she was human, and she knew this. What she felt now was truly her biggest shame. She felt...powerless, helpless against the wave of emotions that ran rampant through her. No matter how many people became close to her, no matter how many supported her...she would always be alone. People like her were not meant to be among others. As much as she hated what her homeland had done, she had done so much more, and so much worse... Monsters like her were beyond true redemption, and she knew it. The only reason she fought so hard, she understood, was because she refused to let all the others mean nothing. Her voice, her sword, her hands...she was all they had, she was their only voice. If she would not fight for them, if she would not fight for a Noxus for which the fallen, and her, could be proud, then who else would? As the only one left alive...it was her one and only mission.

But why, she thought, as her lip trembled for the first time this night, why did it have to be so hard? There were times when she felt fractured, as if there were two different people fighting within her. One, the reforged face she showed to the world, the strong, determined, unbreakable face and spirit that so many wanted to follow and support. The other, the shattered and broken person underneath, the one she had shown to only one other person, and even felt ashamed of that. It disgusted her how weak she was. She had to be more than that...and yet, she could not escape her secret sorrow, doubt, fear, and regret.

The first tissue of the night was drawn from the box Lux had given her a few days ago, and as she wiped the tears from her face, she sighed. She was even relying on such a thing from another person? How pathetic... Even more pathetic, she thought as she pulled the green body pillow to her, and curled up with it, was that she was actually taking some comfort from such a thing. After all she had done, all she had taken, how could she think she was worthy of such a thing? Of comfort? Of companionship? Of the simple joys of being close to another human being? She was a monster, a murderer... She had taken that comfort away from so many others. What gave her the right to it for herself? As she buried her face into the pillow, her consciousness slowly leaving her, she thought to herself just how much of an Exile she truly was...

And that was the thing she deserved to remain...

Paltala

11-07-2012

((All you can do is upvote that post. 9000000/10 ;_; ))

armonistan

11-07-2012

(and this ladies and gentlemen, is why riven remains my favorite champ in lol)

Ask Fortune

11-07-2012

Riven, did I ever tell you the story of Captain Jacobs and his skeleton crew?

You see, Captain Jacobs was a merciless pirate who terrorized the open seas aboard his ship, the Cutthroat, the fastest ship ever built. One day, his crew attempted a mutiny, after they couldn't stomach what they had been forced to do any longer. Too much of a coward to fight them, Captain Jacobs set fire to the galley, and escaped aboard the ship's only lifeboat. With no food or water enough to survive the long sail home, his crew died at sea, leaving a ghost ship to the mercy of Davy Jones for four long years.

Alas, the tables turned on Captain Jacobs. He lived a lie for a family and town that had no idea who he was. When his pirate rivals finally learned he no longer had his famed Cutthroat, they openly attacked his home. His family was murdered, his town burned to the ground, and he was taken to a tiny mound of sand and marooned. Facing death, he looked out to sea, and on the horizon, he spotted, yes, that's right, the Cutthroat. He found the strength to swim to his ship, and found it molding, decayed, and his men rotted into a skeleton crew, seated around the table as if all was well in their final days.

It was a foggy dusk in Bilgewater when a dozen of the very same pirate ships threatened to take our port by force. They ruthlessly laid siege upon us, when suddenly, through the fog, came the Cutthroat. Pirates and guards alike screamed the coming of the pirate ghost ship. Most of the pirates turned tail and sailed off, but the largest was too far into our bay to flee. The captain, who had marooned Captain Jacobs, ordered all cannons to fire at the Cutthroat. But, broad side facing the stem, very few of the cannonballs hit their mark. Standing on the stem, famished, cackling like a madman, Captain Jacobs let his ship ram the pirates. In the madness to follow, Captain Jacobs drew his blade, charged the helm, and cut down the leader of the pirate siege.

Nobody dared venture near the ships for two full days. They were smashed together, but by some miracle, neither ship was taking on water. Finally, the guards sailed to the Cutthroat and boarded her. They ventured down into her, where they found Captain Jacobs, sitting at the head of the table with his cutlass rested in front of him. He was near death from dehydration, barely able to lift his arms. His crew was still seated at every chair. As the guards took aim at him, unsure of what to do, Captain Jacobs grabbed his cutlass off the table. With his final words, he looked the guard captain dead in the eyes, and said, I've taken enough from you, don't tax your people the cost of your bullets. And with his last ounce of strength, he cut his own throat, and rejoined his crew in death.

Why am I telling you this? Well, one, I love dead pirates. But two, today, Captain Jacobs' sins are barely remembered, they're a footnote of who he was. All people recount are his final acts to save Bilgewater. Set the helm forward, Riven. Don't spend your time trying to make up for the past. Worry about what you're doing now. It's all any of us care about, and it's all any of us will remember.

Ask Galio

11-07-2012

Quote:
Galio,

It would seem that, in your duty to stand watch over Demacia, you have had a great amount of time to sit and contemplate things. I must admit that I was very surprised to see a letter from you, delivered by hand, it would seem. I took it, sat down, and read what was inside, and I must say, for a creation brought to life by magical powers, you have a gift for being very deep. Not to sound insulting! It was just...a little surprising. I mean no disrespect. After all, I admire your conviction to duty. Regardless, I've spent some time thinking about your question, and I've written what I could come up with below.

Noxus is broken. I know I say that a lot, and I suppose you're wondering what I mean. For that matter, I think Demacia, as a nation, is broken in its own ways as well. The horrible things that I've been told happened to Luxanna Crownguard during her childhood are enough of a testament to that. However, Noxus has allowed itself to fall apart in some ways that have made it a detriment to Valoran, as opposed to what it should be: it's greatest strength.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Noxus, or the way we tend to run things, but, we allow for our people to find their own way in life. They live by their own set of standards, whatever that might be. Every individual is given a right to live how they want, and the only restriction is that they follow the laws we have, and that their ideals will be tested by fire. If your ideals do not match my ideals, and I wish to prove you wrong, I will set upon you, and after our confrontation, we will see which set of ideals is the stronger of the two. Conflict is a way of life in Noxus, and it helps to forge a person into whatever it is they eventually become. It is a tool that molds a person and our society. The only problem that we are facing right now is that the ideals of strength that are dominating the scene in Noxus are of the dishonorable type.

We have trickery and manipulation going on behind closed doors, rather than a proper challenge to address the issues directly. We have assassins killing high-ranking officials to remove them as a threat to another person, rather than allowing that person to do so via their own strength. We rely on horrible, dishonorable, and disgusting weapons and machines from Zaun in our battles, using them as a crutch to force victory into our hands, while disallowing a true test of one's prowess. These dark deals, hidden agendas, and covert actions are slowly dismantling what it means to be strong within Noxus, and turning it into a hive of corruption, dishonesty, and deceit. My homeland is seen as a black stain upon Valoran, possibly even Runeterra itself, when it should be a beacon of strength and tenacity.

I believe that even the defeated can still be strong, if they learn from their defeat, and pick themselves up striving to become something more. I'm living proof of that... Ionia, the Ionians, should have won the battle where Fury Company was ambushed. We were careless, unprepared. And yet, the order came down from on high, and we were sentenced to death, along with the would-be victors. That is not strength. That is not Noxus. That is the ploy, the tactic, of a coward. Noxians are not cowards, at least they shouldn't be, and yet that is what this current Noxus is becoming. They are becoming cowards, liars, manipulators, and deceivers. So, that is what I fight to change. I wish to reforge Noxus in the image that I see, and that is why I say that Noxus, as it stands now, is broken.

I hope that answers your questions, Galio.

- Riven
The letter was once more bathed in a cyan light. Not too bright, but again, enough to catch the attention of those in the room. New words formed at the bottom of the old letter, the stone paper magically scrolling down to reveal the new text.

Riven,

I have received and read your response. I appreciate you greatly for the insight you have provided me into this matter. I have plenty of time. There is more than enough time to contemplate deep matters. That should not surprise you, even if I am an artificial life form. A powerful being from another world once said something that rings true to this day. "The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." And here I am today, with everything I have accomplished, whether one views it as little or much.

I choose to delve into these topics. Not many others would. There is, however, one thing left unanswered. The principles Noxus once held were quite similar to the ones Demacia also held before they were warped. If we could bring those principles to the foreground once again, would it be possible for Demacia and Noxus to reach an ideological, or even political, peace? Both city-states were founded among the same line of thought. What made them different was how that thought process was interpreted. A world without the conflict between Demacia and Noxus would be much better off for everyone inhabiting both city-states, as well as the rest of Valoran. However, the current rulers and ideals will not allow it. I was pondering if this could be a possibility in the future.

-Galio

Ask Riven

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
Riven, did I ever tell you the story of Captain Jacobs and his skeleton crew?

You see, Captain Jacobs was a merciless pirate who terrorized the open seas aboard his ship, the Cutthroat, the fastest ship ever built. One day, his crew attempted a mutiny, after they couldn't stomach what they had been forced to do any longer. Too much of a coward to fight them, Captain Jacobs set fire to the galley, and escaped aboard the ship's only lifeboat. With no food or water enough to survive the long sail home, his crew died at sea, leaving a ghost ship to the mercy of Davy Jones for four long years.

Alas, the tables turned on Captain Jacobs. He lived a lie for a family and town that had no idea who he was. When his pirate rivals finally learned he no longer had his famed Cutthroat, they openly attacked his home. His family was murdered, his town burned to the ground, and he was taken to a tiny mound of sand and marooned. Facing death, he looked out to see, and on the horizon, he spotted, yes, that's right, the Cutthroat. He found the strength to swim to his ship, and found it molding, decayed, and his men rotted into a skeleton crew, seated around the table as if all was well in their final days.

It was a foggy dusk it Bilgewater when a dozen of the very same pirate ships threatened to take our port by force. They ruthlessly laid siege upon us, when suddenly, through the fog, came the Cutthroat. Pirates and guards alike screamed the coming of the pirate ghost ship. Most of the pirates turned tail and sailed off, but the largest was too far into our bay to flee. The captain, who had marooned Captain Jacobs, ordered all cannons to fire at the Cutthroat. But, broad side facing the stem, very few of the cannonballs hit their mark. Standing on the stem, famished, cackling like a badman, Captain Jacobs let his ship ram the pirates. In the madness to follow, Captain Jacobs drew his blade, charged the helm, and cut down the leader of the pirate siege.

Nobody dared venture near ships for two full days. They were smashed together, but by some miracle, neither ship was taking on water. Finally, the guards sailed to the Cutthroat and boarded her. They ventured down into her, where they found Captain Jacobs, sitting at the head of the table with his cutlass rested in front of him. He was near death from dehydration, barely able to lift his arms. His crew was still seated at every chair. As the guards took aim at him, unsure of what to do, Captain Jacobs grabbed his cutlass off the table. With his final words, he looked the guard captain dead in the eyes, and said, I've taken enough from you, don't tax your people the cost of your bullets. And with his last ounce of strength, he cut his own throat, and rejoined his crew in death.

Why am I telling you this? Well, one, I love dead pirates. But two, today, Captain Jacobs' sins are barely remembered, they're a footnote of who he was. All people recount are his final acts to save Bilgewater. Set the helm forward, Riven. Don't spend your time trying to make up for the past. Worry about what you're doing now. It's all any of us care about, and it's all any of us will remember.
Sarah,

Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it. It's fine to hold someone up as a hero for their current actions, but one cannot forget what sins they have committed. I've done terrible things, and I live with them every day. Even if everyone else on Valoran forgets the things that I have done against Ionia, I will not. They are as much a part of me as my goals to reforge Noxus, and I will never forget what I was, so that I can never become that person again...

- Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
The letter was once more bathed in a cyan light. Not too bright, but again, enough to catch the attention of those in the room. New words formed at the bottom of the old letter, the stone paper magically scrolling down to reveal the new text.

Riven,

I have received and read your response. I appreciate you greatly for the insight you have provided me into this matter. I have plenty of time. There is more than enough time to contemplate deep matters. That should not surprise you, even if I am an artificial life form. A powerful being from another world once said something that rings true to this day. "The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." And here I am today, with everything I have accomplished, whether one views it as little or much.

I choose to delve into these topics. Not many others would. There is, however, one thing left unanswered. The principles Noxus once held were quite similar to the ones Demacia also held before they were warped. If we could bring those principles to the foreground once again, would it be possible for Demacia and Noxus to reach an ideological, or even political, peace? Both city-states were founded among the same line of thought. What made them different was how that thought process was interpreted. A world without the conflict between Demacia and Noxus would be much better off for everyone inhabiting both city-states, as well as the rest of Valoran. However, the current rulers and ideals will not allow it. I was pondering if this could be a possibility in the future.

-Galio
Galio,

I can't say for sure that Demacia couldn't change. I know I dislike several things about how it is run as a whole. However, the Demacians I have met, like Lux, Shyvana, Fiora, Prince Jarvan, they are all fairly nice people. I do not hate Demacians any more than I hate Noxians. I simply hate the way certain facets of our states' ideals are implemented, and how those facets effect life there, and on Valoran as a whole. In any case, I suppose and idealogical shift for both parties is possible, and could help bring some sort of peace to Valoran, but I don't know how easy it would be for such a thing to come to be.

- Riven

Ask Fortune

11-07-2012

Quote:
Sarah,

Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it. It's fine to hold someone up as a hero for their current actions, but one cannot forget what sins they have committed. I've done terrible things, and I live with them every day. Even if everyone else on Valoran forgets the things that I have done against Ionia, I will not. They are as much a part of me as my goals to reforge Noxus, and I will never forget what I was, so that I can never become that person again...

- Riven
I'm not saying forget who you are, girl. I'm saying, don't do everything you're doing now just to make it up to us. We already don't really care about who you were. Your plans by themselves are all we think about. Focus on that. If you get sidetracked by thinking about how every little thing you do will make up for what you've done, you'll get all muddled up and fail, and then all we'll have to kill Swain is Jarvan. Is that what you want? DEMACIAAAAAAAAA all up in Noxus? The horror!

...bah fine, he's not a bad guy.

Ever wonder if he's compensating, or if he actually... dwarfs that thing? Oh wow. Demacia indeed...

Miss Starstruck Fortune

Ask Riven

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
I'm not saying forget who you are, girl. I'm saying, don't do everything you're doing now just to make it up to us. We already don't really care about who you were. Your plans by themselves are all we think about. Focus on that. If you get sidetracked by thinking about how every little thing you do will make up for what you've done, you'll get all muddled up and fail, and then all we'll have to kill Swain is Jarvan. Is that what you want? DEMACIAAAAAAAAA all up in Noxus? The horror!

...bah fine, he's not a bad guy.

Ever wonder if he's compensating, or if he actually... dwarfs that thing? Oh wow. Demacia indeed...

Miss Starstruck Fortune
Sarah,

...Do me a favor and keep your more personal thoughts out of your letters, please. I really don't need to know that stuff.

- Riven

Ask Fortune

11-07-2012

Quote:
Sarah,

...Do me a favor and keep your more personal thoughts out of your letters, please. I really don't need to know that stuff.

- Riven
Hahahahaha~! Alright, alright, sorry. You're so shy. I'd LOVE to take you on a double date, but no amount of force could make that happen, I bet. Hmph, too bad. A nice Ionian man would probably do wonders for your psyche. Ever consider giving Lee Sin a shot?