Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

10-12-2012

{{ I don't get it either! I'm just trying to do something different this time around, as opposed to how I was as Viktor.

But, be honest Riven, what do you think of my OC? Interesting? Boring? Annoying? Should I just stick to Champions? I'm not trying to go out of my way to troll you or anything, I'm just honestly trying a new manner of roleplaying. }}

Ask Riven

10-12-2012

((Well, he's a solid character and, so far, seems put together really well. Riven hates him, obviously, but he's being played well in my opinion.))

Dear Luxanna

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
Thank you for the trinket, Lux. I'll have to use it to open letters I receive. I've received a few...unpleasant letters as of late...
Aw. What, like, negative fan mail? People criticizing what you've done? Please don't let them get you down. Stay positive! Every negative letter you receive is just one more fool that will be knocked on her butt when you change Valoran for the better!

Lux~

Ask Riven

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Aw. What, like, negative fan mail? People criticizing what you've done? Please don't let them get you down. Stay positive! Every negative letter you receive is just one more fool that will be knocked on her butt when you change Valoran for the better!

Lux~
Not exactly...

More like disturbing letters from a self-proclaimed serial killer.

Script Lord

10-13-2012

A new letter arrived in an envelope, white and clean as a whistle. It was addressed to "Riven"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letter
Little Polly Flinders,
Sat among the cinders,
Warming her pretty little toes.

Mother came and caught her,
And whipped her little daughter,
For spoiling her nice new clothes.

- Jaques

Nwol

10-13-2012

Quote:
Not exactly...

Sounds like a bug that needs to be stepped on. In any case, You know you can always have the Institute of War double check your mail for you to stop some psycho from pestering you.

-Tekun Valos

Dear Luxanna

10-13-2012

Quote:
Not exactly...

Oh... oh wow. You can report this sort of thing to the League if you're being stalked, Riven. The Summoners will protect you. Please don't let your Noxian pride stand in the way of your safety. Valoran needs you alive and well! ...I want you alive and well... want me to come by? I'll come by right now. We can do up your place with so many traps even Vayne wouldn't come near it to get to her target.

Worried Lux

Dear Morgana

10-13-2012

Quote:
I received brutal beatings at the hands of those I trained with. Our commanders were ruthless. I lost track of how many injuries I was forced to sustain...

While I do not condone the outright maiming of trainees under my current beliefs, one is said to learn more from defeat than victory. It forces you to analyze what you did wrong, and where you could improve.

There is no strength, honor, or glory in maiming an opponent less skilled than yourself. Defeat need not mean excessive brutality, and victory need not be coupled with excessive loss. Bruises and bones will heal with time, a life gone is a life wasted... Break down their flaws and demonstrate them so that they may learn from them, and grow stronger because of it. That is how one should train.

Despite her words, I'm sure Du Couteau knows this... At least, I hope she does...
I understand and agree with your approach to teaching. However, unlike what you say, Katarina seems to not know that excessive and over-the-top punishment for failures is not exactly the answer.

Yes, I consider myself sadistic and I derive pleasure from the pain of others-or myself-but I'd like to say that I know when that does not apply and limit that sentiment largely to the battlefield.

Katarina, for all she would like to preach about efficiency, does not.

And on that note, I would find a great deal of satisfaction in ripping the entrails out of that self-proclaimed serial killer who find enjoyment in irritating the rest of us.

While I may not outright support you, courtesy of my own agenda and my ties to the Du Couteaus...I largely agree with your beliefs, whatever that's worth.

Ask Riven

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
A new letter arrived in an envelope, white and clean as a whistle. It was addressed to "Riven"

Little Polly Flinders,
Sat among the cinders,
Warming her pretty little toes.

Mother came and caught her,
And whipped her little daughter,
For spoiling her nice new clothes.

- Jaques
Were you abused as a child or something? These poems are all very...demented and violent, much like yourself it seems. I don't understand your amusement in sending me such things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
Sounds like a bug that needs to be stepped on. In any case, You know you can always have the Institute of War double check your mail for you to stop some psycho from pestering you.

-Tekun Valos
Possibly... I may have to look into this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Oh... oh wow. You can report this sort of thing to the League if you're being stalked, Riven. The Summoners will protect you. Please don't let your Noxian pride stand in the way of your safety. Valoran needs you alive and well! ...I want you alive and well... want me to come by? I'll come by right now. We can do up your place with so many traps even Vayne wouldn't come near it to get to her target.

Worried Lux
I'm certain I will be fine, Lux. There's no need for you to "babysit" me. I can look after myself. But, your concern is noted. Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
I understand and agree with your approach to teaching. However, unlike what you say, Katarina seems to not know that excessive and over-the-top punishment for failures is not exactly the answer.

Yes, I consider myself sadistic and I derive pleasure from the pain of others-or myself-but I'd like to say that I know when that does not apply and limit that sentiment largely to the battlefield.

Katarina, for all she would like to preach about efficiency, does not.

And on that note, I would find a great deal of satisfaction in ripping the entrails out of that self-proclaimed serial killer who find enjoyment in irritating the rest of us.

While I may not outright support you, courtesy of my own agenda and my ties to the Du Couteaus...I largely agree with your beliefs, whatever that's worth.
It's worth quite a bit... I know you believe you were oppressed by your sister and your people. Oppression is something you oppose, as do I. So, it isn't particularly surprising that you support me to a degree. Regardless, thank you for your words.

As for Ka-- Du Couteau, I don't think she really believes in all the senseless violence.

Dear Luxanna

10-13-2012

Quote:
I'm certain I will be fine, Lux. There's no need for you to "babysit" me. I can look after myself. But, your concern is noted. Thank you...
*the letter is crumpled*

The crumpledness represents my frustration!

But alright, if you're sure... it's not babysitting! Okay, okay, if you're sure, I respect that... gr... get some bubblewrap and lay it on the floor in front of all your windows. And maybe get the chandelier up on a tripwire.

Lux~