Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
*Riven promptly destroyed the tape after watching it, then wrote a response to Evelynn*

If you so much as think about showing that tape to ANYONE, suffice it to say it will take more than your invisibility to stop me from hunting you down and forcing it down your throat. You have no right to parade my personal life around for your own demented and deluded amusement, nor any right to that tape either. If you thought I hated you before, Widowmaker, you've seen nothing yet. You're absolutely disgusting...
Riven receives her response a few days later.

Riven,

A polite "please don't blackmail me" would have been all it would've taken to get me to ensure that tape never sees the light of day, but seeing as how you're incapable of not being a hateful shrew for longer than ten seconds, I'll speak on your level:

I'm not intimidated by your paltry threats, and you demanding I never reveal the contents of that tape makes me only want to do it more. So while I debate which major news organization I ship it off too first, perhaps you'd like to revise your earlier letter? Or convince one of your friends to come bully me. I ensure you they'll have no more success, but I doubt you'll have the guts to confront me yourself.

Love, Evelynn

((Plot! Muwahahaha!!))

makmix

10-07-2012

Mack von Lombardy here.

Havent been able to, well chat in about 9 months maybe. Shen has been a great asset so I've become distracted from summoner to champion talk.

ANYWAY, I've seen the last few posts and dear hell..... You've got some problems floating around.

How are you able to deal with it?

Ask Riven

10-07-2012

Everyone has problems, Summoner.

Dealing with them is difficult for anyone. What one must remember is that things could always be worse. Sometimes all one can do is pick a direction and keep walking, no matter how hard the road gets... That is as much a part of strength as any other.

makmix

10-07-2012

And that is what you chose ever since *shudders* that ionian battle back when.

I hate to mention it myself, since I was meditating underground close to the........... Singed barrage.

I feel, I mentioned to much, I shall take my leave. See you, in the fields.

Ask Riven

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
*various things are written and erased here, mostly stuff like 'exaggerating?!' and 'how dare you'* *a drink ring sits atop the erased portion* *the rest is written in a clearly different ink*

Sorry, girl. No hard feelings.

You should know that, between the time I wrote that, and the time I wrote this, I've been staring at the paper for about 15 minutes trying to think of what to say. Here, peace?

*enclosed are ten gold coins*
I will not be bought with coinage...but, I do not hold any ill feelings toward you either.

You'll be happy, perhaps, to know that I've donated that money to an Ionian charity helping families rebuild after pirate attacks on the mainland during the war. They lost a great deal to both Noxus and Bilgewater...

I figured it would be a worthy cause that you would be willing to support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Riven,

A polite "please don't blackmail me" would have been all it would've taken to get me to ensure that tape never sees the light of day, but seeing as how you're incapable of not being a hateful shrew for longer than ten seconds, I'll speak on your level:

I'm not intimidated by your paltry threats, and you demanding I never reveal the contents of that tape makes me only want to do it more. So while I debate which major news organization I ship it off too first, perhaps you'd like to revise your earlier letter? Or convince one of your friends to come bully me. I ensure you they'll have no more success, but I doubt you'll have the guts to confront me yourself.

Love, Evelynn
*infuriated, Riven crushed the letter, her eyes flaring as she angrily opened the door to her quarters and stepped out, sword in hand*

Ask Fortune

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
I will not be bought with coinage...but, I do not hold any ill feelings toward you either.

You'll be happy, perhaps, to know that I've donated that money to an Ionian charity helping families rebuild after pirate attacks on the mainland during the war. They lost a great deal to both Noxus and Bilgewater...

I figured it would be a worthy cause that you would be willing to support...
...there's a charity specifically for that? Wow, bureaucracy in action.

I was actually hoping that you'd spend that money on something for yourself, but alright, fair enough. I'm SO glad all the world saw of Bilgewater during the war was our pirates sacking villagers. I'd offer to have you visit me so we can chat, but between the drunken partying out my portside window and the pirate I shot as I was writing this out starboard, I don't think you'd much like it in my salty paradise. Ah well. Until next time, girl.

Ask Riven

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
...there's a charity specifically for that? Wow, bureaucracy in action.

I was actually hoping that you'd spend that money on something for yourself, but alright, fair enough. I'm SO glad all the world saw of Bilgewater during the war was our pirates sacking villagers. I'd offer to have you visit me so we can chat, but between the drunken partying out my portside window and the pirate I shot as I was writing this out starboard, I don't think you'd much like it in my salty paradise. Ah well. Until next time, girl.
Until next time...

Ask Riven

10-10-2012

Riven sighed as she looked to the ceiling of her quarters. Since the party was over, she'd had little to do other than her training regimen. Training, though, did not keep her quick-witted enough. With League Matches on hold for Summoning Championships to determine the best team of summoners and their cohesion with champion summoning, there was little else to occupy her time. That said, she sat up and glanced to a small list on her simple nightstand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenge List
Prince Jarvan Lightshield - Leona the Radiant Dawn - Tekun Valos - Reiora the Shadow of the Void
She had already fought Leona and Tekun, however, Reiora and Jarvan she had not. Perhaps it was time to take advantage of the lull in activity and clear some of the challenges off of the list...

Script Lord

10-10-2012

Dear Riven,

It has come to my attention that you are of the mindset that violence is rather unsavory, and although I must admit I whole heartedly disagree with your notion I can't help but be curious as to why this is? Surely it's not because of some childish whim brought about by a sudden shocking event you happened to witness? Admittedly, I haven't done much research into your history - as I care very little for the past as much as I dislike passivity - so I wish to inquire as to what is the exact reason for your ambition?

Bloodily yours,
Jaques

Ask Riven

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
Dear Riven,

It has come to my attention that you are of the mindset that violence is rather unsavory, and although I must admit I whole heartedly disagree with your notion I can't help but be curious as to why this is? Surely it's not because of some childish whim brought about by a sudden shocking event you happened to witness? Admittedly, I haven't done much research into your history - as I care very little for the past as much as I dislike passivity - so I wish to inquire as to what is the exact reason for your ambition?

Bloodily yours,
Jaques
Whoever you are, your insensitivity is appalling...

Regardless, I have never told anyone this before, and I suppose now is as good a time as any...

Violence used as a tool for one's own selfish gain or amusement is disgusting. It should be used as a last resort of the strong, not the first call of action. To simply aim for violence shows your weak reliance upon it to achieve your goals. There are multiple ways to solve disagreements outside of physical altercation or violent or harmful action. I have killed for reasons that were not my own...and I am ashamed and disgusted by those actions... They haunt me, remind me of the monster I once was, and the monster I wish never to be again.

I fought in the Ionian War on the side of Noxus. I saw, and did, horrible things...but the worst of all was the chemical bombardment that slaughtered an entire battlefield of Noxian and Ionian soldiers. They were dishonorable weapons of mass destruction, killing indiscriminately, without care or worry for what may take place... It was a coward's tactic, and one that flew in the face of everything I had been taught was the truth. I was the sole survivor that day, and I exiled myself from all I had known in order to find my own way in the world. So long I wandered... I had no meaning, no ambition or drive. I asked myself why I had been spared. Why had I lived when so many others had died that day? It was not due to my own strength, for I had been as weak and blind as the rest...

I lost track of time's passing. Days moved ever onward, and I roamed the Ionian countryside. I slept with the sky being my only blanket, the land being my only source of food. As I traveled, I saw the damage that had been done to Ionia as a result of the war. Somehow, the horrors had never truly sunk in until I saw them in those days. I saw people of all social standings, of all kinds and walks of life struggling to rebuild, and pick up the shattered pieces of their home...

I...I wept most nights in those days, reminding myself that I had played a hand in decimating these people and their lives, that I had played a role in their suffering. With my power, my strength, I had felled vast numbers of soldiers, farmers, militia, any that attempted to oppose Noxus' will... I slept little, always terrified that I would be spotted by an Ionian hunting party, or something of that nature, and when I did finally attain sleep, I was haunted by the horrors I had witnessed on the battlefield. Long time allies...melted away, the stink of acidic compounds and burning flesh clinging to every fiber of that place, and every inch of the bloodied mire. No matter how much I tried, it seemed that my hands were always unclean, dirty, unfit to touch another human being for what they had taken, what they had done.

Eventually, I decided that I did not belong in that place. I did not deserve that kind of solitude. After wandering to the coast, I found a fishing vessel willing to take me to the mainland. My hair had grown, and my armor and clothing bore no Noxian symbols any longer. I was accepted easily, so long as I worked to help man the ship as payment for my passage. I fought sea-sickness the entire way, but after the voyage, I found myself in Piltover. I didn't even spend a day there. I had no will or desire to remain. I had no reason to remain, or reason to even exist at this point. I left the port the same day I arrived, wandering toward the only place I had ever known to call home...

I walked on foot through the Ironspike Mountains, following the smallest bits of trails I could find. I dispatched several dangerous beasts the like of which I had never seen before, or since. Great bears larger than a man is tall at the shoulder, brimming with spikes... Snowy beasts seemingly made of ice that shattered like glass when struck, breathing chilling cold that threatened to freeze me in my tracks... For a set of several days I even had to avoid a white dragon that was hunting me as prey... However, after many days, I finally arrived on the other side, and before me in the distance stood Noxus. However, as I peered upon my home from the slopes, something happened to me...

For the first time I saw Noxus as it was. The land around it seemed devoid of life. It seemed so dark and bleak, like a scar upon the world below. I had felt many things change in me since the Fields of Coeur. My ideas has shifted, my ideals had changed, and yet, seeing how small the city was gave me a perspective I could never have gotten before. Noxus was not the place of strength I had once thought. It was a scar of darkness upon Valoran, and the people within it, my countrymen, were just as blind to this truth as I had once been. They did not realize how truly small Noxus was, and did not realize the flaws in their beliefs that lead them to attack Ionia in the first place, and even to attack Freljord...

At that moment, I knew what I had to do. I had to show them the error of their ways, I had to show them that Noxus could be strong without relying on the dishonorable battle tactics of Zaun, without stooping to things like assassination and subterfuge to achieve greatness. I was at a loss when it came to finding a way to do this, but I knew that if it took the rest of my life...this was what I had to do. I had to bring meaning to the needless deaths of so many, to seek atonement for the wrongs of my country, and show them the path to true strength...

Even with those goals in mind, my heart was still heavy with guilt and regret, but for the greater good, I would fight on regardless. I knew I could not fight for Noxus as it was. I had to fight on my own terms. To do that, I'd need a stage, and the only one I could choose was the League of Legends and the Institute of War. Though I had been gone for years, wandered for so long... I finally had a real direction in which to move and wander...

From there, I believe the League's records should suffice to fill in the gaps, but there you have it, as best as I can tell...

I hope that answers your question.