Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Riven

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fortune View Post
...aw, come on, girl! I'm on a life's mission that probably won't succeed, too. Doesn't mean I don't make time for me.
With all due respect, I do not think our missions are of the same scope... There some things in life that are simply...bigger than one's own wishes or desires. I fight for such a thing, and I must remember what I stand for, and what I must do...

Blorgorize

10-03-2012

What do you think weighs more, a thousand deaths or one murder?

Ask Riven

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorgorize View Post
What do you think weighs more, a thousand deaths or one murder?
That depends on the person... To me, they are both very heavy...

Ask Fortune

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Riven View Post
With all due respect, I do not think our missions are of the same scope... There some things in life that are simply...bigger than one's own wishes or desires. I fight for such a thing, and I must remember what I stand for, and what I must do...
Oh? You think that, just because the murderers of your city are organized, that makes it a worse off place than Bilgewater? Evil doesn't need a Grand General to destroy lives, Riven.

Ask Riven

10-03-2012

Quote:
Oh? You think that, just because the murderers of your city are organized, that makes it a worse off place than Bilgewater? Evil doesn't need a Grand General to destroy lives, Riven.
That's not what I meant... I am putting the people of Noxus, and of Runeterra, before myself, and my own happiness. If I were to allow myself to fall into the trappings of romance with someone, my ability to perform would be hindered, my blade hesitant, as I would be worried about them and how my actions could bring harm to them... How can I be so selfish as to give myself to one person, when so many need someone like me to fight for the betterment of their lives?

I simply...cannot allow myself that luxury... I do not deserve it, and I cannot allow myself to be weakened by it...

Ask Fortune

10-03-2012

Quote:
That's not what I meant... I am putting the people of Noxus, and of Runeterra, before myself, and my own happiness. If I were to allow myself to fall into the trappings of romance with someone, my ability to perform would be hindered, my blade hesitant, as I would be worried about them and how my actions could bring harm to them... How can I be so selfish as to give myself to one person, when so many need someone like me to fight for the betterment of their lives?

I simply...cannot allow myself that luxury... I do not deserve it, and I cannot allow myself to be weakened by it...
Give me a break, Riven. You really think you need to be in love for the bad people to be able to use your emotions against you? Everyone knows your schtick by now. All Swain has to do is threaten one Ionian kid and you'll be just as hesitant. If you're really worried about what raising your blade will do to someone you love, you make sure your enemy is either surrendered or dead. Don't martyr yourself. You're not making yourself do your job any better.

Ask Riven

10-03-2012

Perhaps after I've reached my goals I can consider such things... But for now, they are beyond me...

Ask Fortune

10-03-2012

Are you saying I'm being irresponsible by allowing myself to have a life while I'm trying to fix Bilgewater?

Ask Riven

10-03-2012

Quote:
Are you saying I'm being irresponsible by allowing myself to have a life while I'm trying to fix Bilgewater?
You're free to do as you want with your own life, Sarah. However, even if you feel safe or secure in taking the risks you do, that doesn't mean I have to agree with them when it comes to my own life and situation...

Ask Fortune

10-03-2012

Quote:
You're free to do as you want with your own life, Sarah. However, even if you feel safe or secure in taking the risks you do, that doesn't mean I have to agree with them when it comes to my own life and situation...
...girl, what is wrong with you? I know you've been through a lot, but this skiddish woman can't possibly be the same tough ***** I see on the fields.